Live in IL but want to play on US servers. how?

ronmargan

Either it was a coincidence... Or there's some setting that's different between you and your friend. I need to explore what options are available on the PS4 version and see if there's anything at all that your friend could have changed that you didn't.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:32 AM, ronmargan said:

Tried that. Still get to play on EU only

There is something wonky going on with the GeoFilter lately. I think they're working on it behind the scenes now, at least I hope. I have the same issues, although not EU to US, but within the continental US I cannot block servers, it just randomly connects to whatever it wants like the GeoFilter isn't even ON.   Good luck, I know it can be frustrating to buy a router with features that you know help when they will work...

On 5/24/2019 at 9:22 AM, ronmargan said:

btw

I also added those servers to my Allow list (maybe it will help some how)

Is there any way you could possibly test/use a VPN connection to make it appear that you are in the US?

Okay I ran the test today. Weirdly, it didn't work, I could not connect to a game of Blackout in the US.

It's weird because I then tried connecting to a game of kill confirmed to make sure it was still working, and yes it worked. I was playing with Americans.

So now i'm thinking that Call of Duty must use different servers for different game types. They perhaps have a separate infrastructure for Blackout mode.

One suggestion might be to join a game with your friend (so that it's a US server) and then white list that server. Then put your location in the middle of the ocean and it should only be able to connect to that one server. The other option, which might work better, is to make a note on a map of all of the games that you connect to that are US based, and see if they're all in one location. If so, you could put your radius directly over that location.

We're updating the cloud data this week, so a it's possible that the mislocated servers will be fixed once that's happened. I'll let you know once it's been done so that you can flush the cloud and try again.

And if it still doesn't work, we might have to do more tests to see if Blackout ever works with geo-filter.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:20 AM, ronmargan said:

I need to change the PS4 into PC so i could use it.

will try and update.

I believe the PS4 when added as a device is 'greyed out' because you cannot choose services only.  It is still VPN'd. 

Set it back up as a ps4 and try again.  Make sure the Hybrid VPn is active as well as the Geo Filter for a few minutes, then boot the ps4 then the game and verify the in game network settings as showing the new VPN IP address.  

14 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Ah that's annoying. Yes VPN would cause much higher ping.

Not always, and in his case I believe he wants the extra latency. 

5 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

I believe the PS4 when added as a device is 'greyed out' because you cannot choose services only.  It is still VPN'd. 

Set it back up as a ps4 and try again.  Make sure the Hybrid VPn is active as well as the Geo Filter for a few minutes, then boot the ps4 then the game and verify the in game network settings as showing the new VPN IP address.  

Oh yeah fair point, I forgot to say that. When you add a console to the VPN it just sends the entire console's traffic through the VPN. Maybe we need to communicate this more clearly in the interface.

8 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh yeah fair point, I forgot to say that. When you add a console to the VPN it just sends the entire console's traffic through the VPN. Maybe we need to communicate this more clearly in the interface.

I wonder if down the road we could add options to not filter console for services like Netlfix or PSN store?  I don't, but some use their console for more than just gaming. 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, stalker4hire- said:

I wonder if down the road we could add options to not filter console for services like Netlfix or PSN store?  I don't, but some use their console for more than just gaming. 

I don't think that will be possible due to the way they run traffic through the console. We couldn't use DPI for example for this, we could possibly use ports but may not be as reliable.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think that will be possible due to the way they run traffic through the console. We couldn't use DPI for example for this, we could possibly use ports but may not be as reliable.

I wondered if that were a limitation too.  I do know that you can attach QoS on port 3074 of a PS4 and it will set a limit on speed in/out.  Perhaps logging the connections will show more detail. 

15 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

Well if the VPN is doing UDP traffic, that should leave Netflix and the store alone.

Most online gaming traffic goes through UDP, whereas most downloads and streams go through TCP.

So in theory, having a UDP VPN should leave your downloads and streams untouched.

Hey @ronmargan

We've just done a cloud update. I've tried it out, and it appears that there is still a mislocated server right in the middle of america, BUT there's one I can connect to right on the east coast.

• Add your console to the geo-filter
  • Press FLUSH CLOUD in the side menu
  • Put your radius over the east coast of America (see attached screenshot)
  • Set ping assist to zero
  • Start the game. Might take a couple of tries to get to the main menu but then should work.

Screenshot (18).png

On 5/30/2019 at 7:21 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Hey @ronmargan

We've just done a cloud update. I've tried it out, and it appears that there is still a mislocated server right in the middle of america, BUT there's one I can connect to right on the east coast.

• Add your console to the geo-filter
  • Press FLUSH CLOUD in the side menu
  • Put your radius over the east coast of America (see attached screenshot)
  • Set ping assist to zero
  • Start the game. Might take a couple of tries to get to the main menu but then should work.

Screenshot (18).png

well i can't Flush for some reason...

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 12.13.47.png

On 5/28/2019 at 6:54 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Okay I ran the test today. Weirdly, it didn't work, I could not connect to a game of Blackout in the US.

It's weird because I then tried connecting to a game of kill confirmed to make sure it was still working, and yes it worked. I was playing with Americans.

So now i'm thinking that Call of Duty must use different servers for different game types. They perhaps have a separate infrastructure for Blackout mode.

One suggestion might be to join a game with your friend (so that it's a US server) and then white list that server. Then put your location in the middle of the ocean and it should only be able to connect to that one server. The other option, which might work better, is to make a note on a map of all of the games that you connect to that are US based, and see if they're all in one location. If so, you could put your radius directly over that location.

We're updating the cloud data this week, so a it's possible that the mislocated servers will be fixed once that's happened. I'll let you know once it's been done so that you can flush the cloud and try again.

And if it still doesn't work, we might have to do more tests to see if Blackout ever works with geo-filter.

Played last night with my US friend, so i White listed some US server.

Then i put the circle in the middle of the ocean, but now it is searching for game for long time and can't find.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ronmargan said:

well i can't Flush for some reason...

3 hours ago, ronmargan said:

Played last night with my US friend, so i White listed some US server.

Then i put the circle in the middle of the ocean, but now it is searching for game for long time and can't find.

That cloud flush message is fine, try it again and then when the message happens wait a minute and refresh the page. It will have applied.

I'd remove that addition to your allow list, do you know what it was? Have you got them added to your allow list? 

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That cloud flush message is fine, try it again and then when the message happens wait a minute and refresh the page. It will have applied.

I'd remove that addition to your allow list, do you know what it was? Have you got them added to your allow list? 

the white list is all US verified servers that i played on last night.