Live in IL but want to play on US servers. how?

ronmargan

Hmm, something weird is going on. I'm going to start up Call of Duty right now and see if I can force US servers. If I get the same problems then we'll know there's something wrong.

I actually managed to connect to a US server using a PS4. I'll run you through exactly what I did to see if you can recreate the same steps.

• I put my PS4 into the Geo-Filter
  • I turned Strict Mode ON
  • I turned Ping Assist to 0
  • And I put my set my location and radius to the west coast. See screenshot below!

Now I closed Call Of Duty entirely (hold down PS button, Close Application) and started it up again. This is an important step!

The game now tried to connect on the title screen, it came up with an error at first but then it managed to connect.

I connected to a team deathmatch game and I had a high ping of about 140ms. I looked up players that were in my game, and they were all from America!

---

So try all of these steps, exactly as I listed here, with your geofilter exactly where I put it in my screenshot. Remember to restart the game every time you change the geo-filter settings!

Let me know how you get on.

Screenshot from 2019-05-17 15-23-25.png

I know this sounds petty but could you move your radius west a bit? I think the server you connected to might be a problem server, and I think it's JUST outside of the radius on my screenshot. Could you try putting your radius directly over where the server appears in my screenshot? Try to get on that specific server.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

I actually managed to connect to a US server using a PS4. I'll run you through exactly what I did to see if you can recreate the same steps.

• I put my PS4 into the Geo-Filter
  • I turned Strict Mode ON
  • I turned Ping Assist to 0
  • And I put my set my location and radius to the west coast. See screenshot below!

Now I closed Call Of Duty entirely (hold down PS button, Close Application) and started it up again. This is an important step!

The game now tried to connect on the title screen, it came up with an error at first but then it managed to connect.

I connected to a team deathmatch game and I had a high ping of about 140ms. I looked up players that were in my game, and they were all from America!

---

So try all of these steps, exactly as I listed here, with your geofilter exactly where I put it in my screenshot. Remember to restart the game every time you change the geo-filter settings!

Let me know how you get on.

Screenshot from 2019-05-17 15-23-25.png

I play only Blackout mode if it matter....

Well I didn't try Blackout mode but I assume it's all the same servers? Maybe Blackout mode works differently though...

Could you try connecting to a team deathmatch game with these settings and see if it works? It would be good if we could narrow down the problem to one mode.

25 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well I didn't try Blackout mode but I assume it's all the same servers? Maybe Blackout mode works differently though...

Could you try connecting to a team deathmatch game with these settings and see if it works? It would be good if we could narrow down the problem to one mode.

same error.

i keep seeing that FAKE US server and its disabled cause i blocked it. i think that is why i can join lobby.

so annoying, this is the only reason i got the R1 for the GEO FILTER.

• Administrators

Make your range MUCH smaller than that. Just cover one or two of the west coast servers. We were able to get a US server every time when setup like this. 

Also make sure you have this all setup then boot up the game. Don’t make changes to the filter while the game is running because you need to ‘trick’ the ping test the game does at bootup into thinking you can only connect to US servers

Thanks. 

22 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Make your range MUCH smaller than that. Just cover one or two of the west coast servers. We were able to get a US server every time when setup like this. 

Also make sure you have this all setup then boot up the game. Don’t make changes to the filter while the game is running because you need to ‘trick’ the ping test the game does at bootup into thinking you can only connect to US servers

Thanks. 

did all that, now i can't find a game.

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 11.39.23.png

7 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

No actually that was team deathmatch. I could test Blackout from my end to see if I can still specify a server. I'll see if I have a moment later today!

That would be great!

If it work, check the ping and also show me your settings and play by play how to make it happen :) 

I'm sorry I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to do this. I've booked some time today to get the test done, so i'll do that. I'll use a PS4, i'll set the Geo-Filter to the west of north america, i'll disable ping assist, and i'll play Blackout mode. I'm looking forward to seeing if it works or not.

Could you ask your friend if they have a USA PlayStation Network account? Do they have a USA copy of the game? Anything unusual about their network setup? I'm trying to narrow down potential reasons that it works for him.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Could you ask your friend if they have a USA PlayStation Network account? Do they have a USA copy of the game? Anything unusual about their network setup? I'm trying to narrow down potential reasons that it works for him.

He use US PSN account. I also use US PSN account. He has nothing unusual on his network.