I need to set up a 1 on 1 with tech support.

tmarch

I am not a big tech guy but i can try help as far as my knowledge goes before some else will jump in.

About Looby boting have you have read this

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

About connecting to host outside your filter have you read this

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_connecting_to_hosts_outside_that_are_outside_of_my_geofilter 

If you enable “Strict Mode” then the Geo-Filter will filter to the maximum. This means you will only get games set within your Geo-Filter radius, but you may also experience lobby booting. If you find that you are getting lobby booted, then you can use the snap button to increase your Geo-Filter size and stop the frequency of the lobby booting.

If "strict mode" is disabled then you will be able to connect to dedicated servers which are outside of the range of your GeoFilter. You will ONLY be able to connect to dedicated servers which are outside of the range of your GeoFilter AND Player to Player hosts (P2P) will still be blocked as normal.

Having strict mode disabled can help decrease the time it takes to find a game.  Hope this make sense.  Good Luck.

Hey Buck, I have strict mode enabled and my geoflter is set to a few surrounding states. I often get connected to a dedicated server in Seattle...but that is outside my filter range. I live in Wisconsin.

So is that correct? From what you stated it sounds like that dedicated server should be blocked from me. I'd like to block that one, but since it's a dedi...it's not possible. Is this normal?

If you are using strict and the the server is outside your geo then it is your ping assist looking for hosts outside that meet or are under the setting you have put into the assist .

To stay within my geo filter i use the 0 setting (turning assist off).

Hey Buck, I have strict mode enabled and my geoflter is set to a few surrounding states. I often get connected to a dedicated server in Seattle...but that is outside my filter range. I live in Wisconsin.

So is that correct? From what you stated it sounds like that dedicated server should be blocked from me. I'd like to block that one, but since it's a dedi...it's not possible. Is this normal?

First if it happens again get the server id and distance and report it back to us. You are correct. If strict is enabled you should not be getting that dedi if it is outside if your geofilter. One reason you could be connecting to the dedi is ping assist. If the ping to the dedi is what you have your ping assist set to it will allow you to connect. The only was to fix this is to turn ping assist off by sliding the bar to 0. Also lol at the ping to that server and see if it makes sense. It may be in the wrong location. That is why I want you to report it. Hope this helps.

If you are using strict and the the server is outside your geo then it is your ping assist looking for hosts outside that meet or are under the setting you have put into the assist .

To stay within my geo filter i use the 0 setting (turning assist off).

Sorry Zennon. I didn't see your response in time.

Hey Buck...well tried my setting my ping assist to zero and I still got in a game with that stupid server on the west coast outside of my geo filter range. 

I also was getting booted alot and having a much harder time getting in a game.  Should I have Bleeding Edge Cloud checked or not? 

The host ID was this:  3e4104cfdedd2f34  and it was 1626 miles away from me.   Can't find if there was a different page to put that info in...thought I saw one but can't find it. 

Let me know what else I should do.  Thanks guys!

That host is not really at that distance from you , it is in the wrong location.

It can now be added to the cloud.

I would try the bleeding egdge cloud yes , do not forget to apply cloud settings :)

Hey Buck...well tried my setting my ping assist to zero and I still got in a game with that stupid server on the west coast outside of my geo filter range.

I also was getting booted alot and having a much harder time getting in a game. Should I have Bleeding Edge Cloud checked or not?

The host ID was this: 3e4104cfdedd2f34 and it was 1626 miles away from me. Can't find if there was a different page to put that info in...thought I saw one but can't find it.

Let me know what else I should do. Thanks guys!

Do just what Zennon said.

• Administrators

Hey fazor, if you still got that host it sounds like theres two explanations, strict was off or you did not wait the 2 mins for everything to clear from the Geo-filter after changing ping assist to 0, you can read about anti cheat here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_anti_cheat

Also if you could input the ID you found with your location, the ping to the server and where the host is showing that would be very helpful :) http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1723-cloud-incorrect-locations/page-4

Archived