Apex Legends Geo-Filter Sucks

This is getting extremely frustrating. Takes forever to find games, when find game it's with high ping, but after 3 games I'll get kicked and get error message, then it will just search for match a will not find one till I restart playstation. Here's the kicker, I live in South Carolina, and the lobbies I do join, 90% of the time the squad mates are speaking a different language , it seems like it throws in server thats down in South America. Only time I can find match quickly is in spectating mode. I am beyond frustrated. 

20190411_010816.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Hmm, okay - lets figure out the best strategy. First off, are there any servers appearing on the East Coast when you first load the game / search for a game? With Apex, if you enable Filtering Mode before loading it up, it'll block a bunch of servers outside the radius. The game should then recognise that the servers you're not blocking are the best ones to connect to.

I've tried it myself a lot with Apex but it probably works differently in the UK. If you set your filter too strictly, and block too many games in a row as a result, the game will enter a bad state and need to be restarted. Try setting Ping Assist to 50ms to combat that, and zoom all the way out then screenshot what it's connecting you to. Seems odd that it'd choose South America all the time.

Yeah I will try this and get back to you. And I'm not necessarily saying thing its S. American, I've heard Spanish, I have heard French, it's really weird that a lot of matches I connect to my teammates are speaking a different language. But thanks I will try this and get back to you. 

This Geofilter isn’t really needed in my opinion  for this game because you can manually select low ping dedicated servers up and down the east coast.  There are even a couple in South Carolina but honestly I would not pick those because they tend to drop packets. But the ones in Virginia and Dallas are good. 

I’m in Georgia and play on Xbox and PC. 

23 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

This Geofilter isn’t really needed in my opinion  for this game because you can manually select low ping dedicated servers up and down the east coast.  There are even a couple in South Carolina but honestly I would not pick those because they tend to drop packets. But the ones in Virginia and Dallas are good. 

I’m in Georgia and play on Xbox and PC. 

I don't know about those on the east, but I know being in the west, I choose Utah or Oregon and I am placed on east coast servers. Given, I do get placed on Utah about 65 - 70%  of the time. But if not that, then I'm placed on east coast servers, even when choosing my location in the data centers i.e Virginia and South Carolina.  But this is ps4 so idk.

• Administrators
On 4/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, TrayDay said:

I don't know about those on the east, but I know being in the west, I choose Utah or Oregon and I am placed on east coast servers. Given, I do get placed on Utah about 65 - 70%  of the time. But if not that, then I'm placed on east coast servers, even when choosing my location in the data centers i.e Virginia and South Carolina.  But this is ps4 so idk.

That's what we see in our testing, the in-game server selection does not force the server, it's more of a polite suggestion which the game consistently ignores. Only way to guarantee the same server / server region is  by using the Geo-Filter.