R1 geofilter (or DumaOS) is broken....

bbursley

Idk, im just searching for games forever and ever and it just never gets anywhere. idk what gives....QOS is working perfectly though. Its just always geofilter im ever struggling with 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

Is this the one you want?

Yup....thats the one....other games are connecting to their dedicated servers and black ops 3 just isnt...idk why. I def have enough speeds thats for sure

this is literally all ill see. that little "person" is actually servers not registering as servers or something. Idk i looked the IP up and it said Microsoft. I just went and tried IW and it worked just fine, and as you saw the servers do pop up. But it just doesnt wanna let me connect to it for some funky reason. Its driving me crazy that all the other ones are working fine

image.png.344429bcf2b1f3d7d4f8692552ef1541.png

lol now it lets me connect...wtf. I am so confused with this geofilter system. If this was the old firmware it would never have an issue every time. I dont understand this lol

Did you get a 3 or 4 bar?

image.thumb.png.9a8035e5b461b594d4590e006302e306.png

i just dropped a 50 bomb on this server lol. almost lost the game (well it was close for a bit till i got some kills and streaks ) and then pulled a wraith out of my back pocket.

4-5-2019_2-36-58_PM-s3trz22x.png

It always stops working for me, like if i close the game out. forget about it lol. Wont work properly again the next time i go play. its just not a fluid experience, i mean hell, you were able to connect to literally the same server as i wanted but with much less effort  😕

12 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

LOL @progprogprog That's just amazing man. 

@bbursley I think if your IP was UK you would get it instantly COD favoring the distance factor again lol *cough* Brazil2FloridaServer*cough*

Idk geofilter just does not work for me when I want it to..... does it work well for you trayday?

34 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

LOL @progprogprog That's just amazing man. 

@bbursley I think if your IP was UK you would get it instantly COD favoring the distance factor again lol *cough* Brazil2FloridaServer*cough*

I mean, i want it to, I love every aspect of DumaOS except this damn geo that never works for me...im investing wayyyyy to much time trying to figure it out.

2 hours ago, bbursley said:

Idk geofilter just does not work for me when I want it to..... does it work well for you trayday?

Just did some testing and showing that I checked out original OS on R1 with both strict off and on and I had some complications connecting for some reason to specified locations in the two screen shots for original OS. Then I upgraded back to DumaOS preserved settings and had to re-input my ps4 in geofilter and I set my locations to the locations you see, and I did get servers in my radius, and the last screenshot I believe is mislabeled peer server, either way, it's in my geofilter.  This is all testing, Black Ops 4(BO4). I haven't played in a few weeks as I been playing Apex Legends. I have a similar experience as you but with Apex Legends, as I'm still trying to play on Oregon server and I cannot, and somewhat the case with checking UK server for Apex Legends. All in all, Geo-Filter seems to work, and I believe developers still coming up with solutions for games such as Fortnite and Apex's way of handling matchmaking. You can check the screenshots below.

testing1 - Copy.png

testing2 - Copy.png

testing3 - Copy.png

testing4 - Copy.png

testing5.png

hmmm, I never had issues with the original R1 firmware, the only thing I thought that kinda sucked about it was the Qos. I mean DumaOS qos just feels more solid to me honestly. The issue is just connecting to where I want while having that great qos on. As you saw in the bo3 screenshots it makes a CLEAR difference when im able to drop a 50 kill game (half the kills required for the match) 😂.

• Administrators

prog, the NAT with Geo-Filter enabled is likely an authentication server being blocked, see if there is one being blocked when this happens and allow it.

bbursley, so close! I was very excited to see it's at least somewhat working now. Now that the cloud has applied properly you shouldn't need to do that again. Do you have ANYTHING in deny/allow at all? If so can you delete them all please, you may have added something that is contributing to this.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

prog, the NAT with Geo-Filter enabled is likely an authentication server being blocked, see if there is one being blocked when this happens and allow it.

bbursley, so close! I was very excited to see it's at least somewhat working now. Now that the cloud has applied properly you shouldn't need to do that again. Do you have ANYTHING in deny/allow at all? If so can you delete them all please, you may have added something that is contributing to this.

Ugh, close yet far....yes as before when it works well it works pretty damn good. I originally had nothing in the whitelist etc before and its just sometimes when im looking for a game, i cant find one. Its so random, Like one minute I could have it filtering black ops 3 perfectly, but then if i want to test the consistency, ill close out the game and then go back in and nothing works, games cant be found and sometimes my nat becomes moderate. I just dont experience those things on the original firmware. Typically I can just boot things up with strict over my radius and P/A to 30 and all is well almost every time. Its crazy cuz for prog it worked nearly flawless to get the same server I wanted...and hes not even in america, like wtf. I just find its not consistent, and often if it wont connect the dedi ill just get player hosts and alot of waiting around. Old firmware, Im connected instantly with lobbies found. Idk what could be going wrong?