R1 geofilter (or DumaOS) is broken....

bbursley

Takes forever to find lobbies, and when it does...still lets me join ones that are "denied" as noted by the large triangle around them....many black ops 3 servers are missing. cloud is completely inaacurate and the lobby hunting is a disaster..Using same setting as I would from original firmware yet getting nowhere fast. No adblockers...nothing, just clean resets and reinstalls. Cloud does not work evidently...this is why people are complaining on this forum....if thats not enough proof of a broken firmware then idk what is

image.thumb.png.cbeb837c802003851826e31b6e706d53.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I posted this in the other topic but lets keep it all here please:

It could be that or one that hasn't been included in the cloud yet, although you may be on to something, the cloud update could be failing. Are you heavily throttling when trying to flush it? Is the R1 in the DMZ of the upstream router or connected to a modem? Is there any way ports could be being blocked, even crazy ports you wouldn't necessarily think would matter?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It could be that or one that hasn't been included in the cloud yet, although you may be on to something, the cloud update could be failing. Are you heavily throttling when trying to flush it? Is the R1 in the DMZ of the upstream router or connected to a modem? Is there any way ports could be being blocked, even crazy ports you wouldn't necessarily think would matter?

Nah I just connected directly to a modem, I meant to update however. I FINALLY got the server to appear and players to show up, I think it’s just that cloud takes so long to update that it makes the geofiltering broken. So, after hitting it for the 5th time and just waiting and waiting...I deleted my console out of the geofilter, rebooted, let black ops 3 load up, then readded my console to the filter again. Clicked strict etc and loaded up a game and guess what? It showed up with the prior dedicated server like it always does and lobbies didn’t take ages. I’m wondering if cloud is having troubles connecting and downloading the information and when it does maybe it get corrupted? Idk I’m just speculating since I don’t know. But it seems like when cloud “is” successful things work as they are supposed to. I’ll monitor it over time and see how it works out. I think it worked once and then faulted last time...don’t wanna get my hopes to high but games were solid and I was wrecking (except the kids who obviously had better connections and were shooting me before I could even see them) probably just had fiber and I can’t compete against that of course.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well QOS has been amazing and the geo....eh. I keep having to delete my console everytime before booting a game in order to make it operate the way it should, not sure why...but when it works OMG its amazing between the two. Idk why its not just letting me use it as if it was like the old firmware where it didnt matter

I've reverted back to original firmware from 1.3 again as with the geo enabled it give me a moderate nat in games after a while of use.

Also people that I have added to white List are still not able to join my party unless I delete console from the Geo page.

Only way to get open nat in all cod's again is to delete console from Geo page and reboot the r1 then is stay open in system and game until geo is enabled again

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, bbursley said:

Well QOS has been amazing and the geo....eh. I keep having to delete my console everytime before booting a game in order to make it operate the way it should, not sure why...but when it works OMG its amazing between the two. Idk why its not just letting me use it as if it was like the old firmware where it didnt matter

You shouldn't need to do that. If you just close and relaunch the game does that achieve the same effect? Most users can just leave the settings alone and it'll block as usual forever, so I'm not sure what's happening in your case if you feel like you need to re-add your device to make it work.

3 hours ago, progprogprog said:

I've reverted back to original firmware from 1.3 again as with the geo enabled it give me a moderate nat in games after a while of use.

Also people that I have added to white List are still not able to join my party unless I delete console from the Geo page.

Only way to get open nat in all cod's again is to delete console from Geo page and reboot the r1 then is stay open in system and game until geo is enabled again

Does any of this happen on 1.3? Moderate in-game NAT's aren't uncommon when the Geo-Filter is enabled, but they tend to be false readings. Plenty of testing has been undertaken to ascertain that - it shouldn't increase search times or act like an actual moderate NAT, and since the console still has an Open NAT you shouldn't feel the difference.

Hi Jack

There no diffrence in the feel of the games.but like I said it will stop people joining my party even if I've add them to the geo unless I delete the device but on original firmware there is no issue at all with keeping open nat in game even leaving geo enabled!

If you want I might be able to prove in a video?

• Netduma Staff
20 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

Hi Jack

There no diffrence in the feel of the games.but like I said it will stop people joining my party even if I've add them to the geo unless I delete the device but on original firmware there is no issue at all with keeping open nat in game even leaving geo enabled!

If you want I might be able to prove in a video?

Videos help, I don't disbelieve you though! First off you shouldn't need to delete the device - setting it to Spectating Mode disables all filtering capabilities, so that should work just as well. Are you able to stay in a party with them if it's on filtering mode?

That's the thing mate

Even in spectating  mode it's still blocking party chat as if the geo Filter is still on!

But this dosent happen on 1.03.6j

Ill try and get zennon or Big dog in a party maybe later and report back

Just about to update to 1.3 again now

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Videos help, I don't disbelieve you though! First off you shouldn't need to delete the device - setting it to Spectating Mode disables all filtering capabilities, so that should work just as well. Are you able to stay in a party with them if it's on filtering mode?

Yes!, Im not sure why either. But I woke up, booted up bo4 and sure enough geo kicked in just as it should...im not giving it full props yet :)), but i still have my open NAT and games got filtered. Still getting some nice games lol

image.thumb.png.c7f73e66bef57c856e78532225cc02ff.png

4-5-2019_8-05-32_AM-c2w5rxus.thumb.png.95fe0733e09f787615fa94ec0daebf96.png

Just to let you know jack

Updated to 1.3 again and have been in a party with Big dog

and have not had any issues what so ever so far

Which is very strange?

Scrap that 

Moderate nat again 

Edited by progprogprog
Gone back again

3 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

Just to let you know jack

Updated to 1.3 again and have been in a party with Big dog

and have not had any issues what so ever so far

Which is very strange?

well...big dog isn't having issues evidently. My qos works great, but my other stuff just sucks. Geofilter does not operate like old firmware does. Its like hit or miss. :( sucks cuz the two together work REALLY well

3 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

This is without device deleted

20190405_150806.jpg

is geo giving you a strict nat? sometimes I like to turn upnp off. reboot the router.turn it back on then reboot the console. UPNP can be finnicky

6 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

This is with device deleted and reboot of r1

20190405_151829.jpg

ahhh, weird. Mine did that when I had it installed previously but it hasnt had that issue yet. I just actually gave myself a static IP outside of the DHCP range that it swaps around so that way It wont conflict with the range inside. Idk if that will help or not but it hasnt made much difference one way or another.

LIke, I just cant find ANY lobbies suddenly. I never struggled this much with the old firmware yet im doing just as I would on the old one. it wont even let me connect to the dedicated server near me as ive posted before even though as always  I know its there. I dont understand it. It just blocks everything else out and eventually forces a player host. Or sometimes it just does whatever it wants and ive delted the console out of it and entered it back in...idk

image.thumb.png.76b50a43daf077c90a95593303eaa19a.png

44 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

I noticed in the photo you had ping assist enabled?

Try setting geo radius as you have it with strict mode on PA at 0

Then boot the game

I mean I can try...but usually that never mattered before. LIke, on the old firmware it wouldnt matter if I set it to 30, it would still grab the dedi I wanted.