Amazing connection, crap gameplay!?

Hey all,

I posted these pics in another thread but this is a specific BO4 issue......what gives with this crap “shoot first, die first” when I have (what I think) is the primo setup??? It’s driving me a tad insane, as it doesn’t seem to matter what settings I have (even tried without the Duma hooked up), my gameplay is so inconsistent.....I feel a step behind no matter what. Any thoughts.....just BO4 sucks for hit detection or what? I’m getting 5ms ping on geofilter & still get lit up! This is with fiber 370 down & up. The PingPlotter graph is during gameplay. 

I’m using AT&T supplied BGW210-700, in pass through mode for the Duma. I know people say to stay away from supplied gateways but this one seems just fine (as modem only mode) and if all my indicators look great (PingPlotter, DSL Reports, etc.), then it should NOT be affected gameplay, correct? 

thanks!

82000C2F-691B-40F3-AEE2-B8A9C27FA003.jpeg

25FF714E-3401-4C59-8CC1-88CE3F359CAC.jpeg

6A8F424C-4BBA-49F0-88BC-E953D922CC3F.jpeg

ABB99DDB-2B0D-472F-87C3-3D423B3A79BA.jpeg

I have a crispy connection too so it is not your setup, I think you will find it is down to the game and if you try another older cod such as bo3 mw2 etc etc they will play like your in a lan party! Let us know if trying another game plays better. 

• Netduma Staff

Big Dog is spot on. The first step I'd recommend is trying a previous CoD title. Reason? The Lag Comp will not only work differently, but the lower player base can often lead to a preferable experience since the servers aren't maxed out.

If you find it's playing better then I wouldn't be surprised. For the most part, playing previous CoD titles is way preferable. I guess that's why Thunder does it a lot.

Your connection is the cream of the crop, incredible stats. You might even find that your ping is so low it's borking out the lag compensation - another thing to try would be forcing servers with a slightly higher ping (so set your radius further away with Strict Mode on and Ping Assist at 0ms). It's counter intuitive, but it's a balancing act you might want to play.

Thanks for the replies! I’m going to remove my console from the geofilter, flush the cloud, and leave in spectating mode, so I can do as you recommended......trying to get distant servers with higher ping. Assuming this is a good way of doing that? I’ll also try WW2 with my normal 5-6ms dedi servers & see how that goes. 

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Or you could keep filtering mode enabled and just change your location on the map with strict mode enabled and ping assist off.

Yes, I just wanted to try with no geo just to see what happens......I played 4-5 rds & the gameplay was night & day difference! Granted it was only 4-5 rds, one time during the day......but, the game felt way more responsive & crisp. It responded to my inputs.....if I was smart, I won the gunfight, when I was dumb, I lost. So in other words, I was in control, not the game. With that being said, it would still be a crapshoot since I have no idea was servers I was on. So yes, I agree, I’ll turn geo back on, re-add my console and open my geo up to allow higher ping servers. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Or you could keep filtering mode enabled and just change your location on the map with strict mode enabled and ping assist off.

Oh, and if my console is not added to the geofilter page, do all other functions still recognize & work, such as congestion control, anti bufferbloat, etc? Only geofilter doesn’t work, correct? Or do I need to add console for EVERYTHING to work?

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Oh, and if my console is not added to the geofilter page, do all other functions still recognize & work, such as congestion control, anti bufferbloat, etc? Only geofilter doesn’t work, correct? Or do I need to add console for EVERYTHING to work?

Absolutely correct, just Geo-Filter wouldn't work if it's not added there. Everything else still functions.

3 hours ago, Direink144 said:

Try throttling. My service is 50down 20 up and my gameplay is crap. ONLY  way I can win consistently is throttle it to 1down and 1up. 

I am already......bigtime, as can be seen in the pics. I get 370 over 370 & I’m throttled down to 10% each, giving me only 37 up & down. My line is spot on but the “game” definitely seems to be the issue. I even completely took the Duma out of it & straight hardwired to gateway......same crap hit detection. So just trying to figure out the best settings to make up for the crap BO4 issues. I love playing it but man, it’s not fun being a step behind.