xr500 QoS w/ Samsung Smart TV

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am currently having the same issues. My setup is the XR500,  with a Samsung Q70r. I have a ps4 pro and an Apple TV 4k. Both are wired directly with lan cables.

My online gaming is perfect. I have noticed that while updating or downloading ps4 updates I'll go from full download speed to almost nothing. Disabling QOS fixes this.

The Apple TV will stream perfectly, then all of a sudden I'll get Pixelated visuals. I'v run speed tests directly from the Apple TV and its showing full download speeds ??  On the xr 500 I'm running the latest firmware, almost all the settings are default.

A lot of people have a same problem with smart iptv on samsung tv  and other tv devices, but for now there is no solution only turn off QoS.

I think this is a big problem because a lot of people have exp.. iptv on samsung tv  and iptv on other streaming devices, and they want to use QoS for gaming at the same time watch iptv on Tv.
 hopefully this will resolve the issue in the new firmware v 3.0

I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the devs to have blamed everything except Qos when this obviously isn't unique to me.

I turn Qos off anytime I want to watch things on my Samsung SmartTV now. I gave up. When this router breaks I'm not using any router that uses netduma. A total shame bc I love the feature set. 

Half the responses mention me having IPTV from my ISP. I don't have that. It affects multiple apps on the Samsung TV I bought. I understand IPTV is also a type of service, but calling my ISP doesn't fix this, turning off QoS fixes it. Why even mention my ISP, they aren't the factor causing this. I don't have anything other than internet from my ISP/Cable company. 

The newest app on the TV that has the issue is Funimation. Can't load any video, but the exact second I turn off QoS with the video open, the video begins loading.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Urban said:

Hi

I am currently having the same issues. My setup is the XR500,  with a Samsung Q70r. I have a ps4 pro and an Apple TV 4k. Both are wired directly with lan cables.

My online gaming is perfect. I have noticed that while updating or downloading ps4 updates I'll go from full download speed to almost nothing. Disabling QOS fixes this.

The Apple TV will stream perfectly, then all of a sudden I'll get Pixelated visuals. I'v run speed tests directly from the Apple TV and its showing full download speeds ??  On the xr 500 I'm running the latest firmware, almost all the settings are default.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Downloads try to use the entire speed that is available to them at the expense of any other devices so if you've got QoS setup correctly then it should prevent that. Is that while the PS4 is updating or just generally when nothing is using the internet/normal usage?

1 hour ago, MatthiasN said:

I think it's incredibly irresponsible of the devs to have blamed everything except Qos when this obviously isn't unique to me.

I turn Qos off anytime I want to watch things on my Samsung SmartTV now. I gave up. When this router breaks I'm not using any router that uses netduma. A total shame bc I love the feature set. 

Half the responses mention me having IPTV from my ISP. I don't have that. It affects multiple apps on the Samsung TV I bought. I understand IPTV is also a type of service, but calling my ISP doesn't fix this, turning off QoS fixes it. Why even mention my ISP, they aren't the factor causing this. I don't have anything other than internet from my ISP/Cable company. 

The newest app on the TV that has the issue is Funimation. Can't load any video, but the exact second I turn off QoS with the video open, the video begins loading.

The problem is a lot of people have jumped in on this topic, I only mentioned IPTV to someone who jumped in the topic, I never mentioned that to you. I/we are aware that QoS isn't working correctly with it, that's why when 3.0 is released it would be great for you to try it, then if it's still an issue we can actively work to find out why that is.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

hi sorry to bump this,

im having the exact same issue as OP, my samsung TV wont load anything on third party twitch app or TV Plus app, i originally thought the apps were just buggy or broken, but used 4g hotspot and everything works fine. i tested back on Ethernet with no luck,  but as soon as i turn off qos everything works, ive tried all the things suggested in this thread, i have a XR500 on V2.3.2.130. is there any update from devs or anyone else who was experiencing this issue?  i dont really want to have to disable qos everytime i want to watch something on my tv.

27 minutes ago, mb94x said:

hi sorry to bump this,

im having the exact same issue as OP, my samsung TV wont load anything on third party twitch app or TV Plus app, i originally thought the apps were just buggy or broken, but used 4g hotspot and everything works fine. i tested back on Ethernet with no luck,  but as soon as i turn off qos everything works, ive tried all the things suggested in this thread, i have a XR500 on V2.3.2.130. is there any update from devs or anyone else who was experiencing this issue?  i dont really want to have to disable qos everytime i want to watch something on my tv.

Thanks for letting us know you're having this too, is your TV correctly categorised in Device Manager too?  If not, can you change it's device type to TV and let us know if you still have this issue?

This is been an issue for years.

A while back I brought it back up & we did a bunch of troubleshooting.

We did confirm once and for all that turning off quality of service fixes the issue.

I was supposed to do some more testing and send those results in and I just haven't had the time.

At the time no one in the office had a Samsung TV that they could run tests with.

I'm also unsure if those features are available on the other side of the pond.

We have a pretty awesome community maybe just throw out a post saying we're looking for someone to let us borrow a Samsung TV day or two?

I'd bet somebody around y'all is a community member & willing to help out.

• Administrators

Not sure if it's been suggested or tried but make a Traffic Controller rule to allow ALL traffic to the TV and see if that works with QoS enabled. 

It would likely be easier to have a dev monitor the router while a user attempts to stream, we just need to have one available at that time

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, LagFix said:

I've tried using Traffic Controller & still nothing.

Would you be willing to reproduce the issue while a dev takes a look at the backend of the router? What is your availability like keeping in mind we're based in the UK and it's the holiday season

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Would you be willing to reproduce the issue while a dev takes a look at the backend of the router? What is your availability like keeping in mind we're based in the UK and it's the holiday season.

Sometime next week good?

I'm currently using the XR500 which has the same issue.

Would it be easier if I reconnected my R2 or can you guys test the xr500 and get the same result?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LagFix said:

Sometime next week good?

I'm currently using the XR500 which has the same issue.

Would it be easier if I reconnected my R2 or can you guys test the xr500 and get the same result?

I'll pass it onto a dev and see if they're able to do so, the R2 would be best so we can really get in the backend and see what is happening. It may be easier for everyone if they enable some remote logs and then you reproduce the issue when you can - I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, LagFix said:

The R2 is set up as my main again.

Let me know when y'all wanna test.

Thanks! It would be best to start with some remote logging. Could you please go to Network Settings -> WAN -> Enable remote access to tech support.

Once you've done this please let me know and I'll let you know once I've enabled remote logging.