xr500 QoS w/ Samsung Smart TV

54 minutes ago, LagFix said:

It started working briefly but then I tried a different channel & it stopped again. Are you getting what you need on your end?

* It's currently working. Should I try changing channels?

Yeah I think there's some useful stuff in there, let me get this over to a developer and get back to you. Thanks for this.

Could you please try disabling IPv6 from the R2 LAN settings and let me know if the problem is still there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff

Hi @LagFix.

Sorry for the delay first of all, I saw the log but unfortunately there wasn't anything helpful in there. A remote session is definitely the way to debug this as we don't have a Samsung TV in the office.

Could you please re-enable remote access to tech support and disable IPv6 if applicable? I will look around and see where the packets get lost. Ideally the setup would be just Modem -> R2 -> Samsung TV with minimal other traffic going through the R2 while you're reproducing the issue.

Let me know if that's alright and when would work best for you.

Don't know if this is relevant but I had latency issues when my Samsung TV was streaming netflix.  Had 100 ms spikes in online games even when QOS was enabled and traffic prioritization was set for my console.

After 5 days of troubleshooting I just moved the slider of bandwidth allocation a little(which was default) and pressed the update button. It seem to have reset something and now everything is good again. no more latency spikes when the tv is streaming.

Which was a weird experience.

• Netduma Staff

Hi @ddrive01,

Weird, to my best guess sounds like the router confused your TV with the console and the wrong (or none) traffic was prioritised. QoS likely picked up the change only after your reset. This of course shouldn't happen. Let us know if it happens again, however, I do not think it is related to the issue at hand so please start a new thread in that case. Meanwhile, how many devices do you have on your network?

Thanks