I had to reset my router earlier I ran into a weird glitch now I can’t seem to get it back up and running the setup screen is extremly slowl to load and keeps timing out and crashing on me when it loads back up it was on the page it crashed on but its taken 2 hours just to get to the page to make my Password I tired on another computer also 

What is the router connected to? There maybe a router gateway address conflict. This can easily be resolved if it is but it is a bit of a ball ache for you to be honest but fixable.

• Netduma Staff

Do you have Internet access through the router? Why did you need to reset the router in the first place?

Maybe run an ipconfig in Command Prompt and see what's happening there. Could you let us know more about your setup? Any more routers in your network?

So random thing happened when i restarted the router the interface page got stuck on rebooting router please wait about a hour later I went back to it on a different device it was still on please wait I unplugged the router waited about 5 minutes or so plugged it back in went back to the webpage still was please wait so I then unplugged everything from it expect for a cable modem held the reset button for 8 seconds hardwired a rj45 cable to my computer went to do the setup and it was slower then dirt after like 35 minutes of waiting I unplugged the modem from the router and setup up completely offline by resting it once more and only having the computer plugged into it I ran ipconfig it was still the defaul ip but was super super slow took 3 hours to set it back up all the pages were loading really slow and in code it loooked like then would switch to English each step took about 15 minutes or so to finish for them to load and be able to click next

So just wondering is there anyway to force the router back to 192.168.1.1 ? When i re setup the router it went to 10.0.0.1 and redid a good chunk of devices to 10.0.0.2 and so on for some reason some of my 192. devices are not letting the router change them to 10.0 

Danny is this the XR700 you are dealing with?  Either way what I would do is a hard reset start to the router a few times back to back and in between these hard resets let the router fully boot up without anything attached to the router other than your computer your using to access the router.. No other devices and no modem attached.. If this is the XR700 then I would downgrade back to an older firmware if the above didn't prove successful.. If you are even able to.. That's just my two cents.. Hope things get corrected for you..

Zippy.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Danny80916 said:

So just wondering is there anyway to force the router back to 192.168.1.1 ? When i re setup the router it went to 10.0.0.1 and redid a good chunk of devices to 10.0.0.2 and so on for some reason some of my 192. devices are not letting the router change them to 10.0 

Go to >Settings >LAN setup and you can change it there. 

Just be careful - if it’s still connected to a router using 192.168.1.1 it will be very confused. 

If you’re not too sure what to do then factory reset the router and on it’s fresh setup it will revert to 192.168.1.1 (if there’s no other router in your network using that IP)