Router question

DAKOTADOCKALL

Iv had my r1 since 2017 and recently iv been losing connection to the internet. And the only way to get it back is to pull the power cord because i cant get the r1s interface to load up to reset the router. Iv tested with just the modem hooked up each time and its works fully. Long story short i was wondering if theres a way to tell if the router is going out or if something else is the matter?   PS i have done a full factory reset too

Hi.

Have you given your R1 a static ip address on your main router as it would lose connection if the dhcp lease had expired and had not been renewed.

What do you mean by main router I only have the the netduma r1 ? heres how its set up coax from wall screwed into the modem then a ethernet cord plug into the modem then plugged into the r1 then my other devices plugged in the r1 PC and PS4 PRO plugged in.

16 minutes ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

What do you mean by main router I only have the the netduma r1 ? heres how its set up coax from wall screwed into the modem then a ethernet cord plug into the modem then plugged into the r1 then my other devices plugged in the r1 PC and PS4 PRO plugged in.

agh, ok, most users usually have it behind an isp provided router/gateway and then DMZ the R1 into that device. Do you have a pppoe connection?

Yeah, I know what you mean, we have something the same as that here called virginmedia, you have to use their supplied modem. How long have you been having this issue? Did you have this problem on the original R1OS?

I would suggest that you download the original R1OS, reset the router and install R1OS and see if your issue persists. That way you can eliminate the possibility of dumaOS being an issue for you. If the problem persists after going back to R1OS then it is possible that it is a hardware issue in my opinion.

I think iv been having the issue over the course of maybe a few weeks I think a total of 3 times maybe. And no i never had the problem on the OG firmware and the DumaOS firmware has been great till march came around. But ill try going back to the OG Firmware than back to DumaOS and let yea know over the next week or so Thanks for the help.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

I think i may of fixed my problem im not to sure but i took off all my ports i forwarded and switch back to UPNP and havent had a problem since. 

Hm, that's weird! Not entirely sure why that'd be the case, it could be something unrelated in the back-end that's resolved it. Let us know if you encounter any more problems.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:24 AM, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

I think i may of fixed my problem im not to sure but i took off all my ports i forwarded and switch back to UPNP and havent had a problem since. 

Yeah that doesn’t seem like it would affect the connection. I have cable as well and the only internet drops I experienced were over WiFi, wired was always fine. I haven’t paid attention to it as of lately since I reupgraded back to DumaOS again but that’s about it. Do you plug it into a power strip with many other things connected on the same strip? That can cause a lot of issues for routers if so, mainly because the power sucking devices draw the needed power away from the router since it doesn’t require much in comparison. I think at one point I used to have everything plugged into a strip and it was causing so many issues, this was long ago however. There could be things going on in the backend as jack mentioned but it’s really hard to tell, sometimes logs may or may not tell you enough. It could be something simple and you’d never know it. I guess that’s why sometimes by default it’s best to reset and maybe even factory reset and start from scratch, but that shouldn’t be necessary all the time. Let’s hope it works out.