new error code

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:117> ?: in function <?:324> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:290> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:345> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:261> (tail call): ? /dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk [C]: ?    what should i do???

• Administrators

I need some more information on this. Did this popup as a box? Was it in the log or the Chrome developer console?

What page of the interface does it occur on? Does it happen when you do something specifically or when you just go on the page? What did you do prior to the error.

Please provide as much information as possible.

If it was only happening in Chrome browser I was going to suggest you either clear the cache or try an alternate browser such as opera or firefox to double check. Glad it is now sorted for you after the reset though.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Glitch x2 said:

also i did a factory reset it works fine again

I'm glad a factory reset cleared it, just seems like a weird phenomenon. I doubt it'll happen again, thanks for letting us know your solution :)

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, mrgockwick said:

could someone tell me how to factory reset so i can get mine to work please!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

if you can access the GUI then click on the factory reset option. If you are unable to get web access to your router the locate the reset pin hole at the rear of your router and use a paper clip to push the button in and keep it pressed for 10 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if there is a fix to this, I have reset and factory reset multiple times now and this happens every time i go to the OS for the first time of the day

Screenshot (7).png

Edited by CesarsThrone
had personal info on first pic

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, CesarsThrone said:

Just wondering if there is a fix to this, I have reset and factory reset multiple times now and this happens every time i go to the OS for the first time of the day

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What web browser/device are you using to access the interface? Does it happen when you load the page or after clicking a specific option?

• 1 year later...

After 2 years is it still no fix for this???? i just bought the r2 and its happent to me 2 times now! 

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:119> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, SalikattN said:

After 2 years is it still no fix for this???? i just bought the r2 and its happent to me 2 times now! 

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:119> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

Welcome to the forum!

What firmware version are you on currently? I haven't seen this issue for quite awhile now