Carpet?

Fazor

Do you guys think it's ok to put the R1 on the carpet, or do you set something underneath it to prevent overheating? Currently I have mine on the carpet and it isn't very warm, but thinking of maybe putting a CD case or something underneath just to be safe. I know it does have little feet on the bottom which help I'm sure.

BTW, I had more fun than ever with COD AW last night due to the R1. Really enjoying this Product!

More ventilation is better than less. I burned out my first xbox keeping it unventilated. I'd put it up away from the rug if possible. Imagine all the carpet fibers getting sucked into it as well.

Here is the deal with ANYTHING you plug into the wall (or has a self contained motor really), when it's in use, it generates heat.  No getting around it.  The higher the amps of draw across the circuits, the more heat it generates.

While the R1 doesn't need much juice to run, it does have a collective detriment, especially if the ambient air is warm (like in the summer months), which is why any high end electronics or computer shop has AC.

Try to get your router in an area with good ventilation, as indicated above, and make sure the air flow can reach all aspects of the device (hence the reason it has feet under it).

I doubt you would run into a problem with the device directly on the carpet in all honesty, but if you paid good money for the unit and you are enjoying it, why risk it?

JD

I put my modem and routers on upside down ceramic plates disperses heat fast keeps them really cool.

Yes they are hidden from view :)

This is why I love this forum. I would have never thought of doing this. Thanks Zennon.

Archived