D2 locked server (strict not enabled)/D2 settings?

Starting with a fresh r1 today after reverting from the beta...sigh

The 2nd of these is definitely a locked icon in Virginia. The first I think might be another one, but it could also have been a peer in tight proximity to the locked server.

ID: ff3621ecd39e9fa4    Distance: 973mi
ID: f0364611d38f9fa4    Distance: 880mi

Also, if anybody can point me to the latest and greatest D2 settings I would appreciate it. After going back to 1.03.6 things have been rocky to say the least...

• Administrators

- Strict Mode disabled

- Ping Assist at 30ms (if you're happy to go with that)

- Anti-Flood at 70/70

Should be great then, but it won't be better than DumaOS. Why did you downgrade? Any feedback for us?

2 hours ago, willphule said:

Until peer ping makes a reappearance it is useless to me.

I too had to go back to the R1 firmware!...I wanted to like the OS so bad but its just too buggy for me. The R1 still runs smooth even on Blops4.

1. cloud flush still not working

2. geo filter on but cant get into a game because it keeps trying to put me on servers outside my circle. Then because its outside my filter I'm getting kicked back to the main menu.

3 when it does try to put me outside my geo filter range the ping asst isnt working because its putting me on west coast servers (I'm on east coast) with pings ranging from 90 to 120ms when my ping asst is at 30ms. I keep reading that thats the great thing about the ping asst that it will put you outside the geo filter on servers according to the ping setting and thats not happening.

4. UPNP isnt working....keeps me moderate not matter how many times I reboot my router and PS4. Yes my PS4 is type 2 but false readings or not...in moderate in the game I have trouble partying up and finding lobbies compare to the game when its reading open. When I go look under UPNP when I'm online and in call of duty its not even reading that I'm using a port. On the R1 when I used UPNP it would show me a port when I signed online and when I went into a game it would show me port 3074...if I look at the screen with dumaOS it shows no ports.

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, David824 said:

1. cloud flush still not working

2. geo filter on but cant get into a game because it keeps trying to put me on servers outside my circle. Then because its outside my filter I'm getting kicked back to the main menu.

3 when it does try to put me outside my geo filter range the ping asst isnt working because its putting me on west coast servers (I'm on east coast) with pings ranging from 90 to 120ms when my ping asst is at 30ms. I keep reading that thats the great thing about the ping asst that it will put you outside the geo filter on servers according to the ping setting and thats not happening.

4. UPNP isnt working....keeps me moderate not matter how many times I reboot my router and PS4. Yes my PS4 is type 2 but false readings or not...in moderate in the game I have trouble partying up and finding lobbies compare to the game when its reading open. When I go look under UPNP when I'm online and in call of duty its not even reading that I'm using a port. On the R1 when I used UPNP it would show me a port when I signed online and when I went into a game it would show me port 3074...if I look at the screen with dumaOS it shows no ports.

Alright David lets go through them:

1. I don't think cloud flush will be running until the next firmware version, but it's not as much of a big deal as you'd think. It's for highly specific support issues rather than an everyday thing you should click.

2. If it keeps trying to connect you outside the radius then it's likely that the servers in the area are full or unavailable. In these cases it's worth just expanding your radius and going with the flow of the game (if it's impossible to join otherwise). Are you positive that this is only happening on DumaOS? Both software versions use pretty much the same code for the Geo-Filter as well as the same cloud database, so it's highly unlikely.

3. Did you have Fast Search enabled when you were using UPnP? Also, did you have auto-ping enabled when you saw this Ping Assist issue? It's possible the ping graph wasn't displaying the host of the game.

4. I've forwarded this one onto a developer to take a look. Not sure why this would be the case. If you forward the ports manually do you get an open NAT?

Jack,

I'm ok with the cloud flush not working I just noticed it hasnt ever when I have a few friends on the netgear verison who as no problems ( I get netgears is on a different platform so I'm not compairing it to the R1)....And I'm sure you are right...its prolly not a big deal about and its not killing me that it doesnt...it was just one of the many I was seeing is all.

As, for the servers busy or unavailable...I get it..but when I go back to the R1 firmware and set it like Ive always have it...I either get in on the NJ or the Ga server on blops 4 and never get kicked back to the main menu.

I never had fast search on because when I tried it the 1st few times once the download happened it put me everywhere so I unclicked it. For the ping asst I had it on and set to 30 just as the settings guide said to do. Will the ping graph show another peer or server and not the host of the game? I stayed in the game reading 120ms...and it was laggy...midway through when I just couldnt kill anyone I left and tried two or three more times and I got put in a high pint server in Cali or Utah.

Thanks for forwarding it on to them also! As for my nat to get open I did indeed have to port forward my ports to get a open on my game finally.

Please dont get me wrong I'm not complaining as in the new software sucks or anything...I get its still in a beta forum but these were just things I kept coming across that made me go back.

As always Jack thanks for the reply back.

• Administrators

For your second point please post details here: 

Did you enable Ping Assist before booting up the game or while you were already on it? If Auto Ping is on it might have thought a different icon was your host and pinged that instead. You could double check by disabling it and manually pinging the biggest icon to see if its the same.

Thats great if port forwarding worked, as long as that works for you thats good. Some people have better luck with UPnP others with port forwarding.

Fraser...my ping asst was on when I booted it up, I never unclicked it...so maybe it was reading a different server or peer then what was showing?...but in game I would still read over 100ms with it...I have noticed that duma and in game around about 20ish ms from each other.

Yes....the port forward opened everything up and I dont mind using port forwarding...so thats not a huge deal...I'm just curious as to why UPNP wouldnt work for me?....any ideas?

• Administrators

Yeah that is possible. Also if it reads the ping as under your limit when it first pings it then it will be allowed even if it then goes above that limit. Yeah it is higher in game as they take into account things like processing delay etc so I would suspect depending on server load this might be increased. Its hard to say as there are a lot of variables. Might be the game/console didn't request the ports properly or were blocked upstream some how