DumaOS issues

JOE1305

Hi everyone,

yesterday I connected my ps4 to the R1 after a week, thought maybe now the Ping Assist is out something would change. First of all I couldnt flush the cloud, an error occured. It took too long. I rebooted the R1 still couldnt do anything. Tried to play one match it was laggy asf. So I factory reseted the R1. Set everything up again tried to find a lobby, it took forever, and played on servers I shouldnt play. Had the strict mode on, geofilter on and got connected to a server in the USA. My radius was in Germany. What I recognized, allow and deny doesnt work at all and the geofilter aswell. Look at the images I uploaded. How is it possible to get connected to this server with 115ms ping with geofilter and strict mode on? Than I tried a match on the right server in Germany it was horrible. So i plugged my ps4 back in the Fritzbox. Finding lobbies took only seconds. And it wasnt lagging that much. That shouldnt be the case that I have a better connection on my isp router than with the R1. The update should improve things not making steps back. I like the DumaOS but so far I had worse experience than on the original software.

Geo Filter.jpg

Strict Mode on.jpg

Strict Mode on2.jpg

2 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Hi everyone,

yesterday I connected my ps4 to the R1 after a week, thought maybe now the Ping Assist is out something would change. First of all I couldnt flush the cloud, an error occured. It took too long. I rebooted the R1 still couldnt do anything. Tried to play one match it was laggy asf. So I factory reseted the R1. Set everything up again tried to find a lobby, it took forever, and played on servers I shouldnt play. Had the strict mode on, geofilter on and got connected to a server in the USA. My radius was in Germany. What I recognized, allow and deny doesnt work at all and the geofilter aswell. Look at the images I uploaded. How is it possible to get connected to this server with 115ms ping with geofilter and strict mode on? Than I tried a match on the right server in Germany it was horrible. So i plugged my ps4 back in the Fritzbox. Finding lobbies took only seconds. And it wasnt lagging that much. That shouldnt be the case that I have a better connection on my isp router than with the R1. The update should improve things not making steps back. I like the DumaOS but so far I had worse experience than on the original software.

Geo Filter.jpg

Strict Mode on.jpg

Strict Mode on2.jpg

The reason you are connecting to those servers is because you have fast search enabled.

• Netduma Staff

That server has been connected to through Ping Assist (hence the dotted line) and Fast Search might have something to do with it. Bear this in mind though: the Geo-Filter coding works exactly the same as the old UI for the most part. If you went back to a previous CoD title using DumaOS, you'd likely have a great time. The issue is BO4 - the net-code is horrible. The game does a search for servers you can connect to while you're on the lobby screen, and it might try to connect you to that same server for as long as you're online.

If you're struggling to find games in Europe, try reloading the game. Due to that first check for servers that might be a good solution.

19 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

That server has been connected to through Ping Assist (hence the dotted line) and Fast Search might have something to do with it. Bear this in mind though: the Geo-Filter coding works exactly the same as the old UI for the most part. If you went back to a previous CoD title using DumaOS, you'd likely have a great time. The issue is BO4 - the net-code is horrible. The game does a search for servers you can connect to while you're on the lobby screen, and it might try to connect you to that same server for as long as you're online.

If you're struggling to find games in Europe, try reloading the game. Due to that first check for servers that might be a good solution.

I know what you mean connected by Ping Assist. But how is it possible that I got connected through Ping Assist when I set it on 30ms ping and the server/host has 115ms ping like u see on the image above?

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

I know what you mean connected by Ping Assist. But how is it possible that I got connected through Ping Assist when I set it on 30ms ping and the server/host has 115ms ping like u see on the image above?

To be blunt Joe, it's possible that the server is crap. Haha. It could well have been 30ms ping when you joined it, but then it might have spiked up to 115ms or gradually increased. I'd spam that 'Deny' button if it was me.

Either that or you have Fast Search enabled - that setting is basically loosens up Ping Assist, making it less 'picky'. It'll put you on less high quality servers sometimes, but the trade off is faster search times. I hope this helps!

Jack...I'm getting the same thing but in reverse ...I'm in the east coast of USA but with geo filter on...strict mode on and off(im testing that still) fast search off and ping asst at 30....all morning its wanting to throw me into a UK server with 120ms ping ON the duma? Why would you think its doing that? And thats if its wanting to even put me in a game...after I denied two UK servers...I would just sit in the lobby and search and find nothing until I get kicked back to main menu. I have to finally go into spectate mode to find a game and then I'm fighting high ping peer players on the west coast. I'm all out of ideas.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:05 AM, JOE1305 said:

Hi everyone,

Geo Filter.jpg

Strict Mode on.jpg

Strict Mode on2.jpg

Joe I'm in the USA and I cant flush the cloud...I get the same error of taking too long. Fraser told me they do know about it and are working on it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, David824 said:

Jack...I'm getting the same thing but in reverse ...I'm in the east coast of USA but with geo filter on...strict mode on and off(im testing that still) fast search off and ping asst at 30....all morning its wanting to throw me into a UK server with 120ms ping ON the duma? Why would you think its doing that? And thats if its wanting to even put me in a game...after I denied two UK servers...I would just sit in the lobby and search and find nothing until I get kicked back to main menu. I have to finally go into spectate mode to find a game and then I'm fighting high ping peer players on the west coast. I'm all out of ideas.

Are you confusing the UK server with the authentication server located in Ireland? That won't be your game server. If you denied it and it was the auth server then I'm not surprised it didn't allow you into a game

To be honest there were two popping up side by side...and I didnt deny them at first I let it bring me into a game which is why my ping on my duma...not the game..but the dumaOS was like 120ms...so i backed out...and the map cleared ...when I tried to find a game again they both popped back up and I went into a game with the same group of people and same ping speeds ...thats when I backed out and denied them. There wasnt one server the whole time in the US that popped up for me. Before or after I denied them.