PS4 vs Xbox GeoFilter locations of in game players?

Six7 Tango

I have both PS4 and Xbox versions of BO4 because of friends and family on both. when i play on PS4 the geofilter shows the host server location and ONLY the players in my party. when i play on Xbox the geofilter shows basically everyone in the match because it displays on average 12 or 13 locations meaning the host server and the players. Why is it only showing on Xbox? Why cant i see the other PS4 players on geofilter during a match?

• Administrators

For PS4, if you are on a dedicated server, it is similar to PUBG and Fortnite, in that the game only pings the server and none of the other players in the game.

I imagine they made a change to the netcode with Blackout launching - they won't want everyone pinging each other before the game begins when there are 100 people in the lobby (so the same rule applies to Multiplayer). You will see others when you play a P2P game though - because it's being hosted by a player and the game has to decide which host to choose.

It's interesting to know you can see other players on Xbox. Perhaps Treyarch are experimenting with different networking approaches before deciding which works best?

xbox players (including nearby(not all, just your area) players in blackout if you want to know to be on the lookout) show up in peer pings if you still run the OG netduma firmware(s), and of course on the radar map as peers.

It's pretty much the same as black ops 3 xbox, they connect to dedi, but also to each other usually on port 3075

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, SturdyFugur said:

xbox players (including nearby(not all, just your area) players in blackout if you want to know to be on the lookout) show up in peer pings if you still run the OG netduma firmware(s), and of course on the radar map as peers.

It's pretty much the same as black ops 3 xbox, they connect to dedi, but also to each other usually on port 3075

Interesting that the old Peer Ping system displays them. We might one day bring back Peer Ping, but I think everyone would be in agreement when I say it'd have to be twice as useful. Otherwise it's pretty much pointless in most cases, hence why we prioritised other features for DumaOS :D awesome info SturdyFugur.

Just now, Netduma Jack said:

Interesting that the old Peer Ping system displays them. We might one day bring back Peer Ping, but I think everyone would be in agreement when I say it'd have to be twice as useful. Otherwise it's pretty much pointless in most cases, hence why we prioritised other features for DumaOS :D awesome info SturdyFugur.

They do show up as peers on the geofilter radar screen, but it gets your attention when the peer ping graph lines start showing up and you can see how many people are nearby (as long as they're pingable). Plus with dedi servers that favor the shooter, it's kinda handy to have an excuse that the other play shot me though cover when you know their ping is far greater than everyone elses 😀

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, SturdyFugur said:

They do show up as peers on the geofilter radar screen, but it gets your attention when the peer ping graph lines start showing up and you can see how many people are nearby (as long as they're pingable). Plus with dedi servers that favor the shooter, it's kinda handy to have an excuse that the other play shot me though cover when you know their ping is far greater than everyone elses 😀

Yeh I get that. I think there were some accuracy issues with Peer Ping too though - it can be quite misleading. We might come up with a better solution some day!

14 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Would love to see peer ping back was one of my favourites from the R1 also find it interesting to see exactly how local players in the lobby are 🙂