Black Ops 4 Dedicated Severs vs P2P...I'll take P2P

giftedsoldier

So far it's been clear that Blacks Ops 4 Dedicated Servers and the R1 with DumaOS simply don't work well together. I live in western pa and by far my best experience playing BO4 has been when I am on P2P. Sadly for me, this will be year 2 of this as WW2 played the EXACT SAME WAY. 

I really appreciate what the team at NetDuma has done. Without my R1 I probably would have quit COD. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't tell others what I have experienced. 

When I Geo Filter to my area I end up getting a P2P game after a few minutes and the countless lobby is not joinable messages. When I finally get into a game it's a decent connection, low lag and I can at least end the game with a 1.5/2 KD. THEN I get put on a Dedicated Server in Chicago or Ny/NJ. Anyone that has played COD and you don't live near NY/NJ you know the connection completely sucks.

While on Dedicated Server the duma ping looks great (I've ranged from 16ms to 30 ms the past few days) but the connection actually is HORRIBLE. Hit Marker after hit marker, can't finish a kill and everyone else is looking like TheMarkofJ. If it was only BO4 playing this way I would just say so but this was the same behavior last year.

My advice to anyone not living near a dedicated server.....as soon as you see a dedicated server, back out the lobby and only play P2P. This seems to be the only way to enjoy Black Ops 4 with the R1.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing this Greco. So have you just been playing P2P since? Either way, I am happy the Geo-Filter is getting you the lobbies you want.

3 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for sharing this Greco. So have you just been playing P2P since? Either way, I am happy the Geo-Filter is getting you the lobbies you want.

Yes, it was fun. Although I snipe only and the game is not sniper friendly. BTW don't get fooled by bad ass youtube snipers. They cherry pick their uploads. Check their live streams instead. Disaster. 

On 11/1/2018 at 10:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's also plausible the P2P is a server just misclassified as a peer rather than a dedicated server. Also thats the beauty of the Geo-Filter, find other servers that play better for you and force those instead.

ive troed forcing connections but using the geo-filter just does not work on this game, actually it does not work on most games any more

• Netduma Staff
On 11/3/2018 at 7:26 AM, Sci0n said:

ive troed forcing connections but using the geo-filter just does not work on this game, actually it does not work on most games any more

Forcing servers works on all previous CoD titles and a load of other games. The logic behind forcing servers has never changed - all you're doing is limiting your connection to one server or a group of servers. It'll work unless the game itself prevents you from doing it, and only a few games prevent it.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Forcing servers works on all previous CoD titles and a load of other games. The logic behind forcing servers has never changed - all you're doing is limiting your connection to one server or a group of servers. It'll work unless the game itself prevents you from doing it, and only a few games prevent it.

It dont work 80% of the time on Destiny 2, UC4, Killzone, Gears of war 4, Infinite Warfare , Adavanced Warfare, Last of us... also on Black ops 4 the DumaOS and geo-filter is pretty pointless at the monent as I have a better experience using my phones wifi.

The lag comp on BOPS 4 has a massive ms delay as unless you have a poor connection you suffer big time in games.

• Netduma Staff
21 hours ago, Sci0n said:

It dont work 80% of the time on Destiny 2, UC4, Killzone, Gears of war 4, Infinite Warfare , Adavanced Warfare, Last of us... also on Black ops 4 the DumaOS and geo-filter is pretty pointless at the monent as I have a better experience using my phones wifi.

The lag comp on BOPS 4 has a massive ms delay as unless you have a poor connection you suffer big time in games.

The experience in Black Ops 4 should improve a great deal soon. I'm hoping a cloud update and Ping Assist will alleviate the situation quite a bit. Keep an eye out for them further down the road :)