Why is my connection to Miami Server so bad?

Macabi83

This is my connection to black ops 4 Miami,fl dedicated server on ping plotter graph, 70/70 on always, its the closest server to me, but the game play is choppy.

xr500 / cm1000 netgear cable modem.

miamiserver.PNG

Well atleast there are no dropped packets. 👍 

It would be great if you could show the top of the plot as well. 

Looks to me the server may be congested. I would guess it is a server farm so there are probably better servers at the Miami location. But to make a better guess I need to see the top portion of the plot. 

You right. When I ping the Miami server its showing a 12-17 ms ping.  When I play on it , the hit detection is trash . I play so bad on it. I have a better experience on a 45 ms ping pier server. During the bo4 beta there was a server in Miami and one in Orlando. The Orlando one just dont show up anymore.

I don't know but nothing helps. Not geo filter, not anti bb, nothing. I get 2 tapped by everyone ( but watch killcam and they hosed me down)  and have to put half a mag in anyone to kill them unless sniping which you can forget because in my experience everyone is a sniper since I die so quick. Not sure where to go from here. Honestly it played better in the beta but still not correctly and yes I'm aware of the 20Hz debacle. This has been my experience with cod games always through 3 different isps and 5 different residence.

• Administrators

If that server doesn't play well for you despite a decently low ping then would suggest forcing a different one that plays better.

3 hours ago, slugg said:

I don't know but nothing helps. Not geo filter, not anti bb, nothing. I get 2 tapped by everyone ( but watch killcam and they hosed me down)  and have to put half a mag in anyone to kill them unless sniping which you can forget because in my experience everyone is a sniper since I die so quick. Not sure where to go from here. Honestly it played better in the beta but still not correctly and yes I'm aware of the 20Hz debacle. This has been my experience with cod games always through 3 different isps and 5 different residence.

Whats your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If that server doesn't play well for you despite a decently low ping then would suggest forcing a different one that plays better.

Whats your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter?

Average I'd say 20ish when connecting to Atlanta server. I'm in Alabama so 2 hours away from there. If I connect to Chicago It's in the 40s, 50s.