Geo-Filter on stops me from finding a game.

PuppetMaster

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks guys but I can't help if I don't know what your settings are.

Hehehe

As about me am from Cyprus first i tried Cod profile and after i increase it to 4000..

Filtering mode on ps4

Buffer load 100%

It seems like its avoiding to connect on any dedicated server and try to peer with guys in italy

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks guys but I can't help if I don't know what your settings are.

I live in Spain, In other cods I'm always connected to the dedicated server in Madrid, I have the radius set to 800km strict mode, when I find a game with the Madrid server the 90% of the times the game kick me and I'm obligated to expand the radius to 1500km for connect me to the London server or another in Germany. In other Call of Duty I've never has this problem.

Have the same problem here. When I start Blops4 not even one server is detected on the world map. Geo filter was off when booting up the game. The most of the time I get an connection error like in the second image. When I plug my Ps4 directly into the Fritzbox have no issues at all to connect to online services and to find lobbies. 

No Cod Servers when starting Blops4.jpg

Connecting Error.jpg

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Zeru94 said:

I live in Spain, In other cods I'm always connected to the dedicated server in Madrid, I have the radius set to 800km strict mode, when I find a game with the Madrid server the 90% of the times the game kick me and I'm obligated to expand the radius to 1500km for connect me to the London server or another in Germany. In other Call of Duty I've never has this problem.

Hard turn off the console and setup the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes. Then boot up the console and do a network settings speed test. Then boot up the game, do you then see servers on the map? (You won't see any within your radius if you're covering a server). Then you should be able to search and force a game within your radius.

5 hours ago, gkontos10 said:

yes sir

Try this:  hard turn off the console and setup the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes. Then boot up the console and do a network settings speed test. Then boot up the game, do you then see servers on the map? (You won't see any within your radius if you're covering a server). Then you should be able to search and force a game within your radius.

Also what gametypes are you playing and what time of day are you generally playing in?

4 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Have the same problem here. When I start Blops4 not even one server is detected on the world map. Geo filter was off when booting up the game. The most of the time I get an connection error like in the second image. When I plug my Ps4 directly into the Fritzbox have no issues at all to connect to online services and to find lobbies. 

No Cod Servers when starting Blops4.jpg

Connecting Error.jpg

If you're not seeing anything when booting up the game then something has definitely gone wrong. Have you double checked the IP address on the console with the one you think it is in the Device Manager and then added the correct device to the Geo-Filter? Do you also have an open NAT in console network settings? Once confirmed, hard turn off the console and setup the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes. Then boot up the console and do a network settings speed test. Then boot up the game, do you then see servers on the map? (You won't see any within your radius if you're covering a server). Then you should be able to search and force a game within your radius.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hard turn off the console and setup the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes. Then boot up the console and do a network settings speed test. Then boot up the game, do you then see servers on the map? (You won't see any within your radius if you're covering a server). Then you should be able to search and force a game within your radius.

Try this:  hard turn off the console and setup the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes. Then boot up the console and do a network settings speed test. Then boot up the game, do you then see servers on the map? (You won't see any within your radius if you're covering a server). Then you should be able to search and force a game within your radius.

Also what gametypes are you playing and what time of day are you generally playing in?

If you're not seeing anything when booting up the game then something has definitely gone wrong. Have you double checked the IP address on the console with the one you think it is in the Device Manager and then added the correct device to the Geo-Filter? Do you also have an open NAT in console network settings? Once confirmed, hard turn off the console and setup the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes. Then boot up the console and do a network settings speed test. Then boot up the game, do you then see servers on the map? (You won't see any within your radius if you're covering a server). Then you should be able to search and force a game within your radius.

I have the right IP address of the ps4 in the device manager just checked it. What i realized is, that I have no issues on my isp router (fritzbox). On the console I have Nat type 2, in the game menue moderate. When I connect the ps4 directly to the fritzbox I have open nat type. I dont know what it is, but since the upgrade everything changed. Even on dslreports. I tested the whole morning where I have low bufferbloat. Its on 50 down and 70 up on the cc sliders. Before the upgrade it was 30 down and 20 up. Look at the images below. :(. But its still lagging like hell. I dont know how the youtubers in America have no issues at all. Like they have a different version of black ops 4. Its pissing me off. Can you please check this Irish Server. Once its showing me 17ms ping and than 192ms. Im living in Austria. I cant have a 17 ping to Irland. Thx

Dsl_NetdumaOS.jpg

Dsl_NetdumaOs_2.jpg

Irish Server 2.jpg

Irish Server.jpg

• Administrators

That Irish server is only for authentication so not actually your game ping so thats not something to worry about. Whatever the biggest icon is, thats the host. I'd recommend enabling Auto Ping so you can see the game ping. Do you have UPnP enabled in Settings? I wouldn't pay attention to DSLReports, it's not been as accurate for awhile. To test how well QoS is actually performing, I'd recommend following this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That Irish server is only for authentication so not actually your game ping so thats not something to worry about. Whatever the biggest icon is, thats the host. I'd recommend enabling Auto Ping so you can see the game ping. Do you have UPnP enabled in Settings? I wouldn't pay attention to DSLReports, it's not been as accurate for awhile. To test how well QoS is actually performing, I'd recommend following this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Hello Fraser, 

thx for your response. Your advise worked with geo filter on and reboot console. I see now all servers. The problem is why I have so much lag or frame drops on blops 4? My friends have no issues at all with the game, but Im having screen stutters throughout the whole match although on pingplotter everythings is fine. No jitter spikes at all :(

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What ping are you getting now and is your QoS setup correctly? It may just be the game, it's still early days so they're fine tuning their systems 

My ping to the german server is 19ms. Yeah I had to change my QoS since I made the upgrade to Duma OS. Before the CC sliders were at 30 down and 20 up where I have triple A+ on dslreports, now I have 50 down and 70 up where the bufferbloat is stabil. 

• Netduma Staff

Well you have more than enough bandwidth to play the game on and your results are great, so I wouldn't worry. It's early days for Black Ops 4 as Fraser said - it's likely issues caused by other players with high pings joining your game. Since all the servers are crowded you'll find you're connecting to players who are much further away. It should all balance out soon enough :)

Only other thing I can think of is general game performance - if it's just screen stuttering / rendering issues it could be that the game isn't well optimised for PS4 which I imagine would be fixed through later patches.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Doesn't work , it's keeping kick me from a lobby, I usually play Hardcore dominatiom and free for all

• Administrators

Could you expand your range a bit. If it keeps happening, make your range a little higher. If the issue still carries on, please post a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page on this forum and we can take a look. Thanks,