NBA 2K19

would love to see the geo-filter for this game the 2k series i know for its terrible lag in multiplayer. this series also have an esports organization led by the nba so also a lot of money making opportunity.

I know for a fact the duma would reach a massive audience if this game is added because people are constantly look for a way to stop lag and/or delayers in this game so the allow and deny feature would also be a great benifit and selling point 

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, Flamenation247 said:

would love to see the geo-filter for this game the 2k series i know for its terrible lag in multiplayer. this series also have an esports organization led by the nba so also a lot of money making opportunity.

I know for a fact the duma would reach a massive audience if this game is added because people are constantly look for a way to stop lag and/or delayers in this game so the allow and deny feature would also be a great benifit and selling point 

Thanks for the feedback! As far as I know though, this game should technically be supported.

When you play it and use the Geo-Filter, what happens? Do you get kicked from games all the time? Do you manage to connect to nearby hosts or servers?

• Administrators

That would be great. It should be similar / the same as previous titles so I expect it will work without problems. But let us know how you get on.

If you do hit the problem where you try to play the game with the Geo-Filter enabled but you're not getting games, then disable Auto-Ping and when you see a triangle when joining the game, click on it and copy and paste the ID in this thread.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

after almost a month of testing i found that the filter may not be helpful in the neighborhood seeing that the neighborhood is basically like the social towers in destiny of difference is you can actually play games in the neighborhood. But this title also have game modes that uses matchmaking such as pro am which is 5v5 PVP i noticed that with the filter on it does not so anyone that is with my lobby and the only time is shows a server is one everyone is connected and the dedicated server pops up and stays on the map which also leaves me to believe this game only uses dedicated servers I know for sure there are dedicated servers on the east by and the west.

• Netduma Staff
On 11/4/2018 at 3:55 PM, Flamenation247 said:

after almost a month of testing i found that the filter may not be helpful in the neighborhood seeing that the neighborhood is basically like the social towers in destiny of difference is you can actually play games in the neighborhood. But this title also have game modes that uses matchmaking such as pro am which is 5v5 PVP i noticed that with the filter on it does not so anyone that is with my lobby and the only time is shows a server is one everyone is connected and the dedicated server pops up and stays on the map which also leaves me to believe this game only uses dedicated servers I know for sure there are dedicated servers on the east by and the west.

Yeh that definitely sounds like it runs on dedicated servers only. If you don't see any players appearing on the map then it's the most likely situation. Do you struggle to join the game? What about the neighbourhood? Destiny 2 doesn't really have any issues getting into the Tower with the Geo-Filter enabled so hopefully NBA doesn't!

On 11/5/2018 at 10:44 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Yeh that definitely sounds like it runs on dedicated servers only. If you don't see any players appearing on the map then it's the most likely situation. Do you struggle to join the game? What about the neighbourhood? Destiny 2 doesn't really have any issues getting into the Tower with the Geo-Filter enabled so hopefully NBA doesn't!

I Have no problem at all joing the neighborhood even if the dedicated server is not in the radius with strict mode it puts me in the neighborhood but if you keep the filter on you wont be able to play when you hop on the court you will lag out as for as goes for proam with uses actually matchmaking 

• Netduma Staff

Hmm, sounds like when you go onto the court from the neighbourhood you'll be entering another 'instance' which will connect you to another group of players. Perhaps the game uses some kind of authentication server for this which is being blocked by the Geo-Filter.

If you see anything being blocked on the Geo-Filter when you lag out, try clicking on it and adding it to your Allow list. You could also provide the ID here and we could check if it's a server belonging to the game :)

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
18 minutes ago, MassaDebata85 said:

@Flamenation247 have you found any good settings?..xr500 works great with ever game but this. I lag in almost every park game.it seems to be a lil better when I disable qos and geofilter..tho most time it looks more like frame rate drops than lag

Have you done any port forwarding for the game?