Upgrading your Netduma R1 to DumaOS from a version lower than 1.03.6

Netduma Admin

• Administrators

@julien5032 I connected to your router, but it looks like you're already on DumaOS? You don't need the patch if you're already on DumaOS.

@CrystalHD @EnDI just tried to push the update to both of you, and the connection timed out. Could you double check that port 7777 is open and then post again? It's possible that your IP changed after you posted.

U mean i change the Setting/Remote management port number from 8443 to 7777?? 

other Question i play BFV i’m live on ksa 

and i play against EU ans ksa ans NA on same server i think Geo-filter will not help me 

how can i stop Geo-filter ? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, EnD said:

U mean i change the Setting/Remote management port number from 8443 to 7777?? 

other Question i play BFV i’m live on ksa 

and i play against EU ans ksa ans NA on same server i think Geo-filter will not help me 

how can i stop Geo-filter ? 

I've just seen you're on the XR500 which means this topic is not applicable to you. You can find updates for the XR500 here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx or you can go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and click check on the interface to see if a new one is available.

I'll answer your question here but f you have any furth tech support questions please make a new topic and we can go from there.

You cannot prevent other players from joining the server you are playing on, it isn't possible. If you don't want to use the Geo-Filter simply switch it from Filtering to Spectating mode or delete the device from the Geo-Filter.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys - I'm ashamed to say I've had the Netduma R1 in the loft for a number of years and have since decided to dust it off (COVID-19 lockdown has sent me back to the Xbox with a vengeance!) and am trying to get it setup with the new Duma OS, however am seriously struggling so would appreciate any help/guidance.

I've completed a factory reset, and tried to put the Netduma R1 in the DMZ (see uploaded image) using IP 192.168.88.1, however when I try to test that port 7777 is open at https://www.whatismyip.com/port-scanner/ it keeps coming up as closed, so am unable to get it to the stage where Netduma support can work their magic before I attempt the upgrade to Duma OS.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

Chris

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 11.22.24.png

1 hour ago, Chris Y said:

Hi guys - I'm ashamed to say I've had the Netduma R1 in the loft for a number of years and have since decided to dust it off (COVID-19 lockdown has sent me back to the Xbox with a vengeance!) and am trying to get it setup with the new Duma OS, however am seriously struggling so would appreciate any help/guidance.

I've completed a factory reset, and tried to put the Netduma R1 in the DMZ (see uploaded image) using IP 192.168.88.1, however when I try to test that port 7777 is open at https://www.whatismyip.com/port-scanner/ it keeps coming up as closed, so am unable to get it to the stage where Netduma support can work their magic before I attempt the upgrade to Duma OS.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

Chris

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 11.22.24.png

Ok so managed to figure it out, and thought I'd post an update for anyone in a similar predicament...

Turns out I was using the wrong IP address in the Sky DMZ, and should have been using the WAN IP address stated within the 'Device Manager' tab (which took a little bit of time to update), so all now is working as expected.

@Netduma Support - can someone please now connect to my Netduma R1, as port 7777 is showing as open! 🙂

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 12.56.41.png

• Administrators
On 4/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, Chris Y said:

Ok so managed to figure it out, and thought I'd post an update for anyone in a similar predicament...

Turns out I was using the wrong IP address in the Sky DMZ, and should have been using the WAN IP address stated within the 'Device Manager' tab (which took a little bit of time to update), so all now is working as expected.

@Netduma Support - can someone please now connect to my Netduma R1, as port 7777 is showing as open! 🙂

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 12.56.41.png

Welcome to the forum Chris!

Glad to hear you were able to setup the DMZ. I'll get one of the team to do this when they can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 7:41 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Welcome to the forum Chris!

Glad to hear you were able to setup the DMZ. I'll get one of the team to do this when they can.

Hi Fraser,

Appreciate there's a lot going on in the world right now, and the support team might have other priorities, but any idea roughly of when this might be completed?

Look forward to hearing from you, and thanks for your support.

Chris

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Chris Y said:

Hi Fraser,

Appreciate there's a lot going on in the world right now, and the support team might have other priorities, but any idea roughly of when this might be completed?

Chris

Apologies I'll chase them on this and try to get it down this week. 

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Chris Y said:

Hi Fraser,

Chris

Sorry about the delay, the fix is done! We are working from home so there was a bit of a logistical issue but it's sorted now.

You're now safe to upgrade to DumaOS whenever you're ready.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Sorry about the delay, the fix is done! We are working from home so there was a bit of a logistical issue but it's sorted now.

You're now safe to upgrade to DumaOS whenever you're ready.

Absolutely no need to apologise, it's hardly a life or death matter...but greatly appreciate you taking the time to get it sorted though.

Many thanks, and take care.