xr500 plus r1 together

carl0024

This message is predominantly for players like nfxcrew or velony or any one that drops good kds consistently.

I saw all your youtube vids and Im wondering how you guys got yours setup. Has anyone tried to plug both r1 and xr500 at the same time. my hit detection is solid however I always feel like I am behind and at the backfoot. I'd like to be able to rush and still win gunfights. I only have the r1 but am contemplating on getting xr500. and then using both together. Would this give me that consistent bullet sponge like people got going? i need some honest response. Ive seen setups where people do combination qos. like netduma r1 > r7000 or netduma r1 > edgerouter-x combinations. Im wondering if anyone has tried xr500 > r1 together.

Im talking about gameplay advantages. Atm I got 50down 20up. fibre to the house. its solid but I can feel Im still a second behind. regardless I got consistent 17ms and low ping spikes A bufferbloat. 

I mean you get guys like pwnstardotcom who got consistent gameplays. only because he got a good internet combi setup. I doubt he's only using r1... there's got to be something else he got other than r1

• Administrators

Hi Carlo - if you don't mind us diving into the conversation,  I would say you only need one. The causes of network lag in games are generally due to 4 reasons:

1. Distance from you to the host (usually a server)
  2. Congestion on your network
  3. Other laggy players
  4. Your general connection quality

Our software, on both routers, addresses each of these first three. With the Geo-Filter (for 1), QoS / Congestion Control (for 2) and Allow & Deny helps a bit with 3. Only your ISP has control over 4.

Doubling up on our routers won't increase the effectiveness of this. But you might want to consider upgrading to the XR500 for its superior hardware. It has excellent WiFi range and uses something called hardware acceleration, which allows it to perform QoS at very high speeds. It's up to you if you feel this is worth it.

I have my XR500 wired to my Netduma, and then my Netduma wired to my PS4 Pro

The XR500 imo is only good for wifi signals (it doesn't even have ping filtering!), the gameplay won't be better. I use the Netduma more because of the ping filter. I use the Cod Ultimate profile & wait to get in the game

Velony actually lives in St. Louis, Missouri & there's a server right in that city which is why he has an EXTREME advantage. His ping is like 1-10 each game.

Do you have a channel I can see of your cod ww2 gameplay?

What city + state do you live in?

I live in Duluth, Minnesota & the lowest ping I can get is 28 because the nearest game server for PS4 for me would be Chicago, Illinois.

I have some gameplay recorded from my PS4 Pro if you want to see what it looks like for me.

Here's a list of Cod Servers for Playstation (idk if this is updated) - Credits to IIIrl

Australia

Japan

South Africa

Brazil

North America - California, Washington, Texas, Missouri, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey and Quebec

UK

France

Spain

Belgium

Germany

Denmark

Italy

Poland

Russia

18 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Carlo - if you don't mind us diving into the conversation,  I would say you only need one. The causes of network lag in games are generally due to 4 reasons:

1. Distance from you to the host (usually a server)
  2. Congestion on your network
  3. Other laggy players
  4. Your general connection quality

Our software, on both routers, addresses each of these first three. With the Geo-Filter (for 1), QoS / Congestion Control (for 2) and Allow & Deny helps a bit with 3. Only your ISP has control over 4.

Doubling up on our routers won't increase the effectiveness of this. But you might want to consider upgrading to the XR500 for its superior hardware. It has excellent WiFi range and uses something called hardware acceleration, which allows it to perform QoS at very high speeds. It's up to you if you feel this is worth it.

Do you know if the XR500 will have Ping filtering or Ping Assist? This is my favorite feature because without it I can't get good games!

Edited by Tai N
oops didn't mean to double post

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Tai N said:

Do you know if the XR500 will have Ping filtering or Ping Assist? This is my favorite feature because without it I can't get good games!

Yes it will, I do not know when though. It gets you low pings just like the Geo-Filter radius, why are you unable to get a good game without it?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Oui ça va, je ne sais pas quand. Vous obtenez des pings faibles tout comme le rayon du filtre géo. Pourquoi ne pouvez-vous pas obtenir un bon jeu sans cela?

Salut Fraser si on parle de ww2 le problème c'est  la compensation de décalage malheureusement c'est ça qui gâche tous ! Le xr500 nous donne tous les atouts pour avoir une meilleure connexion mais elle est tellement bonne que le jeu nous oblige à être en retard face à certain joueur qui on une connexion malheureusement médiocre sur reedit beaucoup de personnes ce plaignent du netcode et du décalage sur ww2 j'espère vraiment que sur bo4 le netcode sera différent  et j'espère aussi que de votre côté le ping assist arrivera rapidement car c'est une fonctionnalité indispensable pour call of duty :)

• Administrators

Donc, ce que vous dites, c'est que l'avantage est de pouvoir obtenir un ping plus élevé, mais sous une limite que vous avez définie? Pour contourner la "compensation de décalage"?

So what you're saying is the benefit comes from being able to get a higher ping but under a limit you set? To circumvent 'lag compensation'?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Donc, ce que vous dites, c'est ce qui a été obtenu. Pour contourner la "compensation de décalage"?

Donc, ce que vous dites, c'est que l'avantage est de pouvoir obtenir un ping plus élevé, mais sous une limite que vous avez définie? Pour contourner la "compensation de décalage"?

Oui Fraser sa peut beaucoup aider je suis à 4ms du serveur sur Paris et quand je suis dessus les duel sont vraiment aléatoire et quand je vais plus loin au niveau des serveurs ça rend le gameplay plus logique le problème c'est que j'ai une fibre ftth et mon ping est vraiment bas donc impossible d'augmenter mon ping de ce côté là, le seul moyen c'est le choix des serveurs c'est pour sa que j'utilise le xr500 pour le geofiltre et c'est pour sa que PingAssist est vraiment important mais malheureusement toujours pas disponibles sur le xr500 

• Administrators

Le déplacement de votre domicile / rayon dans un pays différent, plus éloigné, n’at-il pas le même objectif? Comme cela augmenterait votre ping.

Does moving your home location/radius to a different country further away not achieve the same purpose? As that would increase your ping.

Il y a 2 heures, Netduma Fraser a déclaré:

Le déplacement de votre domicile / rayon dans un pays différent, plus, n'est pas le même objectif? Comme cela augmenterait votre ping.

Le déplacement de votre domicile / rayon dans un pays différent, plus, n'est pas le même objectif? Comme cela augmenterait votre ping.

Oui sa fonctionne aussi comme ça mais avec pingassist on met l'emplacement dans l'océan et sa nous trouve tous les bon serveurs sur toute la carte et on peut surtout accéder au serveur mal répertoriées alors que la impossible de trouver les serveur mal répertoriées il y en a beaucoup malheureusement... Donc c'est pour ça que c'est vraiment une fonctionnalité indispensable 

@Tai N

Thanks for your honest post bro, I live in Melbourne Australia. I dont have a youtube channel so I cant post any vid. However my gameplay is exactly like yours where you got solid hit detection but I can feel that those guys that are laggy have a slight advantage over you. it's the same thing with me. That first clip you've shown where you shot first but then he kills you behind a corner. Thats what I'm talking about the 1 second behind gameplay I'm getting. I hate the fact that my fibre connection is dictated by laggy 4g wifi players in the lobby. I play bf1 as well and even that feels like im a second behind.

@Netduma Admin

thanks for your post, yep I will take that note. but however I cant ignore some people's setups that works for them through gaming with lots of qos. Like a7legit (with all due respect, God rest his soul) he plugs his r1 to r7000 and somehow he melts through people. He lives in melb too. why cant I get the same results? I got xim 4 I got a good monitor benq. The only thing hindering me is connection. I only have two devices connected to my R1. Just a PC and PS4. Thats it. I tried throttling but it's not consistent. I'm going to buy the xr500 I hope it delivers what all the marketing says it does. and fiddle around with it together with r1. Btw I live alone. So Im not sharing any bandwidth to anyone. So bufferbloat isnt an issue.

I'll come back with an honest post later on

ok so I ended up buying xr500. Now my setup is Internet > Netduma R1 > xr500. I have tried xr500 first then r1 but after a lot of tests and gaming. I have come to a conclusion that nothing beats pre-emptive algorithm of the r1. The hit detection is just solid however I am a second behind. Comparing xr500 and r1. For gameplay I think r1 preemptive wins. 

I know Netduma is planning to fully support DumaOS for the rest of the future. But I hope Netduma will still keep updating original r1 because at the moment. I think the preemptive algorithm of original r1 firmware is better than DumaOS.

Why I have concluded this? On R1 I have consistent 3-4kds per game. on xr500 I was struggling to get 1-2kd.

This is an honest feedback. R1 seems to better handle other laggy people in my lobby than xr500. I dunno what it is.