cant communicate with r1

hi, struggling with my r1, seems to be current version installed.

all my devices are oneline fine, by both ethernet and wifi,

if i enter "r1"in crome i get the netduma r1 router home page fine, then none of the left hand menu works cant view or change any parameters at all,

on the settings tab the misc does not get a response so cant change anything there to help, cant view geo filter, profiles gets "unable to load please post" response and the factory reset seems not to work at all

any help appriciated

• Administrators

Hi Jimmy - could you take a screenshot and upload to imgur. Then post a link here and we'll take a look.

Could you also try a different browser please, e.g. Firefox?

Hi, sorry no. Don't get a response at SETTINGS _MISC. 

Tried manual reset at hardware, button felt OK to operate pyscically, but seemed to have no effect, no light change, no beep, no WiFi interruption or WiFi pass change from one I previously set. 

hi, no thats not correct, all devices are online. im responding via laptop using r1 wifi, see attachment.

tv, sky, xbox all hardwired to r1 and working fine, smart gear on r1 on wifi working fine.

guys, please read all posts, getting feeling responses are being made to meet time/productivity targets, looking for some genuine help here but seem to be repeating info.

please also know the device was purchased in may, was set up by me and has been working fine, my issue is i currently  have zero control over unit, NONE of the left hand menu on the r1 home page responds

thanks in advance

Doc3.docx

hi, 

thanks for your input, have now tried with all extensions disabled, and previously tried firefox, still no response, i guessing i need a new unit as the manual factory reset wont do a thing

screen grabs

(2) after clicking profiles

(3) after clicking geo filter

(4) showing wifi on r1 working

(5) showing going to select settings_misc

(6) after clicking settings_misc

(7) showing upgrade screen selected

(8) showing response after 'click here' to check for upgrades.

hope these are bit easier to view

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

37 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

hi, 

thanks for your input, have now tried with all extensions disabled, and previously tried firefox, still no response, i guessing i need a new unit as the manual factory reset wont do a thing

screen grabs

(2) after clicking profiles

(3) after clicking geo filter

(4) showing wifi on r1 working

(5) showing going to select settings_misc

(6) after clicking settings_misc

(7) showing upgrade screen selected

(8) showing response after 'click here' to check for upgrades.

hope these are bit easier to view

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

have you tried using it's ip 192.168.88.1 to connect to the R1, this is the way i always connect to my router

1 hour ago, jimmyb said:

is this thread dead, any interest in my malfunctioning device,

any customer service number, if yes but private maybe email me.

What's up homie !!! It happens to me couple of times... don't use firefox use chrome !!! There is extensions with every browser and some may be the direct cause of your freezing delays !!! Removing all of them will help you clear the bads out !!!  Deleting cookies and history from the browser will help a lot !!! Then closing every devices hook to your duma except the device you use to manage aka cellphone or pc.... restarting that last and only hooked device alone with the duma and waiting 2 mins then entering the control panel of duma via chrome (with cookies and history bein deleted before restart) and wait a lil bit so everything have time to load before you press something....since you cleared everything it should react faster than it was !!! Then you don't want to click them all you just want is to click once on the misc tab so it load... then scrolling down to the factory reset and pressing it... As soon as you press confirm you should restart the device used too !!! 

Read this too to understand... each and everytime we restart the duma we should reset the modem/aio to clear it from what it hold !!! This is not really important to do if it has been cleared hours before you restart your duma...but can't be bad to do it again !!! Important thing to understand and to do...each and everytime you restart a router...yep not only duma...you should always restart the devices hooked to it...always !!! And knows that by letting them untouched while you restart your router is enough to make your router bug...yep exactly what happen !!! When the setup is almost perfect it doesn't appear like a long wait since everything react fast but even then it takes much longer 4 everything to load  than when we restart everything altogether !!! And when there is a problem in your setup then that lil wait becomes bigger and let you think everything is not working anymore !!! As exemple i have a ps4 and a ps4 pro and both are playin together... sometimes for no reason my internet turn crap so everything becomes laggy so i restart my duma...alone...then it...won't...won't...won't restart ... so i then remember the flaws of techs then i restart the ps4's and as soon as the second one start to restart then boom the duma start reacting and then it restart !!! Like something is holding it so it freeze and becomes unreactive !!!  

1 of the biggest problem with chrome extensions is a pop up blocker...some of them are paralysing our duma !!! That's why by removing all extensions it will help you overpass your resetting problem for now then after everything will be setted up again ya'll be able to add extensions one by one and testing them to see if they paralyse your duma or nah !!!

My computer blown weeks ago so i only deal with my cellphone now...so i use firefox for most internet tasks and chrome for my Netduma and my AIO and everything ps4 related !!! I'm tellin you this because with a phone in chrome we can choose the pc version instead of normal cellphone version.... yes it has also helped me overpassing those freakin freezes with duma and my setup (before i found out the extensions bugs and they not only bugging chrome) as it's not operating the same way a phone is !!!

Another thing i strongly recommend brah... once your factory reset will succeed... reflash your r1 with the same firmware version exemple if your on .06g then redownload that .06g firmware and uncheck preserve settings so it will really erase previous traces !!! Thing to watch after that is how it restart... there is 2 possibility and one of them is happening 95% of the time and it is not the good way...the other one is what you really want !!! First and bad one is that it will simply restart like a normal restart so ya'll get back to the usual first page on your browser (yep you did press factory reset) nothing more..just have to scroll to manage your desired settings...i repeat it does that majority of times and that's not what we want and what is supposed to be !!! When everything is flawless...in a perfect world...when properly applied...the factory reset is supposed to bring you a new browser page like it's the first time ever that this r1 is connecting to internet and devices with a lil pop up telling you Welcome to Netduma ect ect ect (i don't remember every words exactly but sure you see) so then you know it's all perfect in that lil box named R1 !!! You then just have to accept and then set your settings and then restart the r1 and devices hooked to it then enjoying it as we all should !!! 

So you should... delete cookies and history of that used browser...uninstall the extensions in your browser...closing every devices hooked to r1 except the one you use to manage it !!! Restart the browser then getting to the misc tab of the r1...use pc version if on a phone and if r1 still not react... (download the r1 firmware you have on the r1 and yes redownload it even if you still have it) uncheck preserve settings and let the other option on (i think it's to allow same version updates) then choose the firmware downloaded and before flashing it you want to press the reset button of your modem or AIO and when you see the lights flashing (meaning that it do the restart like you asked) you then start flashing the firmware of the R1 !!! When you hear the bip sound of the r1 meaning the firmware update is done and now it restart...restart your device used to manage !!! Wait a big 2 mins till everything load as it should then open your browser and manage your settings !!! As i said you're supposed to see the browser page and a lil pop up like it's the first time ever this R1 is hooked !!! If so..then go in misc tab and check Allow cookies then go set everything as you want !!! Another weird thing i do since it's bugging often... each time i change a setting...i refresh the browser page to confirm the setting i've set is really setted !!! If it didn't applied i re do them then i refresh the browser page to confirm !!! Once all the settings are done...restart the R1 via misc tab...also restart device hooked to r1 !!! After that restart i start my devices one by one so i can name them and dhcp lease them so no conflicts between devices !!! I used to then enter in a COD game (live it's WW2) just to make sure my ps4 pro have open nat (locking port 3074 to it) then i close it !!!  Set every devices then closing them all !!! Having only the device i use to manage hooked to the R1 then via the misc tab i restart it(the R1) and then my phone(device used to manage)!!! Now everything is done and set properly and it's time to enjoy 🍻 !!! 

Hope i made it clear enough and that it will also help you !!! Take care... Peeeaace !!! 

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, jimmyb said:

hi, thanks. yes

Hi Jimmy - lets just clarify a couple of things before we go for a replacement unit. I've never seen an error of this type before; it's extremely weird to be able to access the Internet and the interface, yet not load any pages. It's still possible that there is a solution.

Try any and all browsers, on your phone and any other device as well. Can you access any page at all on any of these devices or browsers?

- If you manage to reach the VPN page, disable anything you see in there.

- If you manage to reach Settings > Miscellaneous, click 'Factory Reset' and allow the R1 to reboot.

If you clear your cache on one of the browsers does that allow you to reach the interface? Try a hard reset as well. (Power off the Modem and the Netduma. Wait 5 minutes then power on your Modem. Wait another minute then power on your Netduma).

Please let me know if you can access any interface page on your devices with different browsers.

• Netduma Staff
16 hours ago, jimmyb said:

Hi, no joy. 

3 different devices, 3 diff browsers, 

Extentions disabled, cache cleared, hard reset tried. 

Factory reset button seems faulty. 

No page loads from left hand menu. 

Thanks for reply

Alrighty it was worth a try. Please email [email protected] with your order number, or the full name and email address you ordered the router with. We'll take a look and see if you're within your warranty period, and see what we can do! Thanks for trying everything we suggested.