BO4 was it any Good!

Macca65

BO4 beta has been out on both consoles over the last few weekends

The question is "Was it any good/better/worse than other CODs"

From what I have seen on YT it looks like the same old tired looking excuse for a Fps !

So my fellow Duma Army players, what was your experience?

it is like BO£ but without boost jumping, but that is to be expected as it is made by treyarch who make all the black ops series of cod. Having said that I enjoyed the game play and the maps look great but theres bugs that need ironing out before release day. I am especially looking forward to blackout mode which is out mid september to see their take on battle royale. This game cannot be worse than sledgehammer games or raven.

• Netduma Staff

I reckon Black Ops 4 does look tired - the graphics are no longer on the same level as games of this gen and neither is the gameplay. They desperately need to upgrade their engine or risk dropping off the radar.

That being said, Treyarch have perhaps the best track record of all the CoD developers and they have at least tried to bring some interesting changes to the table. I say the call can only be made once you've played Blackout!

WWII and IW look incredible on Xbox One X so I think the engine has legs still, Blops 4 on the other hand did not hopefully the problems with resolution and frame rate will be sorted in time as the game play was exciting.

WWII and IW look incredible on Xbox One X so I think the engine has legs still, Blops 4 on the other hand did not hopefully the problems with resolution and frame rate will be sorted in time as the game play was exciting.

Its weird that I never had any resolution or frame rate problems.

I only really played it on the friday though, maybe the other days that problem came in?

Imho, BOps4 looked the same as BOps3 to me, no better, no worse.

Since they've been using the same engine since what... CoD3??? They defo need a new one within the next year or two.

I only really played it on the friday though, maybe the other days that problem came in?

Since they've been using the same engine since what... CoD3??? They defo need a new one within the next year or two.

Saturday was bad but sunday was worse for frame drops. Screen was jerky and players appeared out of thin air to kill me instantly. I kept getting kicked out of sim's live stream game as there was party play issues too and friends were not showing up in the in-game friends online menu. A lot of bugs need sorting by launch. Hopefully most of the current issues will be resolved by the time the blackout beta goes live in september.

Blops3 on Xbox is 1080p Blops4 is haled as Xbox One X enhanced and it looked like Blops 3, jaggys and frame dips, their version of the engine is still way behind IW and SHG versions for me.

Their game play though is great

Thanks for your thoughts, guys I am not sure about the Blackout feature, I have played Fortnite and didn't really get into it!

I came late to WW2 and honestly quite like it, and I still play BO3 so may continue on those until I see what all the feedback re BO4 says.