Fortnite Servers on Ps4

Hello , First of all excuse my english as it is not my native language , Im currently having 2 issues while playing Fortnite on Ps4 ,The router is not showing me the ping to the server (with auto ping and without ) it keeps loading but never shows up the ping or the servers details , second Im selecting Eu servers on the game settings which are the closest to me and in the Geo-filter cloud Im including the german server which gives me between 105-120 ping according to the games ping details and excluding the uk server which gives me around 140 ping , the issue is when i get assigned to the german server all is good but when the game chooses to connect me to the uk server i stay in the loading screen and then it kicks me back to the lobby , and not like other games forcing me to connect to the server that i included in the could , its either you get in a game in a server in the cloud or you get kicked out , so basically its not forcing the game to connect me to the german server which is included in the cloud. i dont know if its from the game or it can be improved from the router but sometimes i try 5 or 6 times to connect to a game and get kicked out till the game finally chooses to connect me to the german server which is frustrating.

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

First off I'd recommend taking a look at this video: 

It seems like the UK server is included in the 'Europe' server region, which is why the game is determined to connect you to the UK server. Since you are blocking the UK server with your Geo-Filter radius the game will disconnect until you connect to the German server. This is great if you only want the best connection possible and don't mind the waiting, but if you don't want it you should include the UK server in your radius.

How does the UK server play compared to the German server?

First off I'd recommend taking a look at this video: 

It seems like the UK server is included in the 'Europe' server region, which is why the game is determined to connect you to the UK server. Since you are blocking the UK server with your Geo-Filter radius the game will disconnect until you connect to the German server. This is great if you only want the best connection possible and don't mind the waiting, but if you don't want it you should include the UK server in your radius.

How does the UK server play compared to the German server?

For me German servers are better and closer to me therefore there is a difference of 25 - 35 ping between them 110 ping on german vs 140 ping on uk and at this high ping im trying to decrease the ping as much as possible.

Ive got everything already setup as the video but in the video its showing the capability to ping the servers in my case i cant it keeps loading and never shows the servers details.

I can see his pain as for me it's the other way round, also when I exclude or deny servers it still puts me in them annoying as hell and if I exclude them it still trys to connect me to them and then gives disconnect error feels like the only thing my xr500 is doing is telling me what server I'm on

• Administrators

I can see his pain as for me it's the other way round, also when I exclude or deny servers it still puts me in them annoying as hell and if I exclude them it still trys to connect me to them and then gives disconnect error feels like the only thing my xr500 is doing is telling me what server I'm on

There are multiple servers located in clusters in the same location. That's why you could block one and feel like you're being put on the same one but you're not its just another in the same cluster. The ID's will be slightly different.

Have a read here of what to expect when Geo-Filtering Fortnite: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/25000-cloud-update-optimised-for-fortnite-pubg-etc/

Hello , First of all excuse my english as it is not my native language , Im currently having 2 issues while playing Fortnite on Ps4 ,The router is not showing me the ping to the server (with auto ping and without ) it keeps loading but never shows up the ping or the servers details , second Im selecting Eu servers on the game settings which are the closest to me and in the Geo-filter cloud Im including the german server which gives me between 105-120 ping according to the games ping details and excluding the uk server which gives me around 140 ping , the issue is when i get assigned to the german server all is good but when the game chooses to connect me to the uk server i stay in the loading screen and then it kicks me back to the lobby , and not like other games forcing me to connect to the server that i included in the could , its either you get in a game in a server in the cloud or you get kicked out , so basically its not forcing the game to connect me to the german server which is included in the cloud. i dont know if its from the game or it can be improved from the router but sometimes i try 5 or 6 times to connect to a game and get kicked out till the game finally chooses to connect me to the german server which is frustrating.

Thanks

Thanks

SAME HERE

• Administrators

They need to make this feature connect you to the server you want everytime instead of it just connecting and denying 7 times in a row.

Unfortunately that's the game's design, not the router. For example, Call of Duty keeps searching when you cannot connect so it doesn't require any intervention. But Fortnite tries to force the connection and then just gives up.

If you want a quicker experience, I'd recommend using spectating mode, then when the lobby loads you can just exit and search again if it;s not the server you want.

• Administrators

Modem > Router > XR500 > Ps4 

You're definitely not making the most of the routers features with this setup. Would recommend Modem > XR500 > router (in AP mode if needed). That would also help with the ping issue I think.

You're definitely not making the most of the routers features with this setup. Would recommend Modem > XR500 > router (in AP mode if needed). That would also help with the ping issue I think.

since ive bought the router its setup in this way and no problems only in fortnite its not showing me the servers , call of duty , fifa seems to be fine

• Administrators

since ive bought the router its setup in this way and no problems only in fortnite its not showing me the servers , call of duty , fifa seems to be fine

QoS will not work correctly the way you have it setup now. Fornite will only show you the server once you're in the game

QoS will not work correctly the way you have it setup now. Fornite will only show you the server once you're in the game

Even if im in a game it doest shoe me the server keeps loading.

• Administrators

Even if im in a game it doest shoe me the server keeps loading.

That's the ping, which as I've suggested could be due to the setup. It must be appearing on the map otherwise it would not try to ping anything. Zoom out of the map fully.

That's the ping, which as I've suggested could be due to the setup. It must be appearing on the map otherwise it would not try to ping anything. Zoom out of the map fully.

The point is why its happening only in this game ? while for other games it shows the ping perfectly , whats blocking fornite servers and not doing that to call of duty or fifa servers. Its showing in the map but it keeps loading ( pinging ) the server even if i keep it on autoping or even if i tried to manually ping the server its the same case wont show me the ping page.

• Administrators

The point is why its happening only in this game ? while for other games it shows the ping perfectly , whats blocking fornite servers and not doing that to call of duty or fifa servers. Its showing in the map but it keeps loading ( pinging ) the server even if i keep it on autoping or even if i tried to manually ping the server its the same case wont show me the ping page.

It uses exclusively AWS servers which are sometimes hard to ping, I don't know why this is. If you change your setup to what I suggested you likely won't have this issue and you'll be using the router to full effect.