Best settings for Destiny 2 on Xbox One?

Hi!

What are the current recommended settings for Destiny 2 on the Xbox One? The threads I've been able to find via search are all pretty old (2017) and it looked like there were some new things being worked on.

I think I'm just using the default settings at the moment and I see a node in UK all the time (I live in Australia). It makes the Ping chart useless because it's always showing the ping to the UK which is high (300ms).

Thank you.

• Administrators

Hi Quant. That node in the UK could be an authentication server which means it's just used by Destiny for matchmaking. It won't actually host the game.. Could you click on it the next time you see it and then post the ID from the ping graph in this thread.

As for best Destiny 2 settings, we recommend:

1. Set a filter range of about 2000km (cover at least all of Oceania) - you can play around with this once you get a feel for how long it takes to find a game
  2. DISABLE strict mode - very important for Destiny
  3. Set ping assist to 30ms
  4. Check peer ping so you can see the pings of everyone in the game
  5. Set Anti-Flood to 70%/70%

Thanks

Hi Quant. That node in the UK could be an authentication server which means it's just used by Destiny for matchmaking. It won't actually host the game.. Could you click on it the next time you see it and then post the ID from the ping graph in this thread.

As for best Destiny 2 settings, we recommend:

1. Set a filter range of about 2000km (cover at least all of Oceania) - you can play around with this once you get a feel for how long it takes to find a game
  2. DISABLE strict mode - very important for Destiny
  3. Set ping assist to 30ms
  4. Check peer ping so you can see the pings of everyone in the game
  5. Set Anti-Flood to 70%/70%

Thanks

Here is the server ID in the UK:

8c33d49fd02b878c

I have made the settings recommended above. Everything else is default. Do I need to set things like Cloud etc?

Thank you.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for that server ID!

If you're using Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge you should be good to go. Destiny 2 has been thoroughly tested for that version :)

Thanks for that server ID!

If you're using Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge you should be good to go. Destiny 2 has been thoroughly tested for that version :)

Thank you. When can I expect that server to 'disappear' from my Netduma? It's still showing up and makes the peer ping useless.

• Administrators

Thank you. When can I expect that server to 'disappear' from my Netduma? It's still showing up and makes the peer ping useless.

It is very likely a mis located server that may or may not be required to be whitelisted. We'll be able to move it in our next cloud update.

• Netduma Staff

Diesen Knotenpunkt habe ich auch ich glaube das ist aber der xbox live server habe ihn schon mal geblockt konnte mich dann nicht mehr mit xbox live verbinden.

Mach sicher, dass du die Xbox Live Server nicht blockierst!

It is very likely a mis located server that may or may not be required to be whitelisted. We'll be able to move it in our next cloud update.

When will this be? It's been 2 weeks and it hasn't changed. I still see the server in the UK and the peer ping chart is close to useless.

• Administrators

Hi Oz - not yet but we'll post on the forum as soon as we have. No problem checking with us in this thread too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Oz - not yet but we'll post on the forum as soon as we have. No problem checking with us in this thread too.

Any news on when this is going to be updated? It's been a month and a half with no change. I didn't realise this was going to take this long.

• Netduma Staff

Any news on when this is going to be updated? It's been a month and a half with no change. I didn't realise this was going to take this long.

I don't think the developers have found a free moment to push a cloud update yet. I'll make sure as soon as one is pushed that you're informed, and I believe on is on its way soon!