PS gets DLC First

cranium2001

Just join me on Xbox One and you won't have to. B)

Thanks man.  I don't know about jumping right into HC Search though.  That seems like hitting off a tee as opposed to facing Nolan Ryan.   :huh:

As for DLC, as a long time fan of COD, this is the first time that I did not pre-order a COD game.

I'm going to wait till I get more information and before the Beta before I decide to take the plunge.

I have a bit of trust in Treyarch and loved the past 2 Black Ops series by far. But seeing the characters do a lot of wall running and my memories of the broken camera angles of BO2 didn't sit well with me.

The character abilities similar to Destiny's super doesn't bode well with me as they are considered as a cheap way to get kills similar to that of the DEATH STREAKS. Over time, anyone can earn these abilities and that means, even noobs can have these one shot kill abilities like the 'titan slam' and the 'one shot kill pistol'. Will sure ruin anyone's day when they are on a nice killstreak and then they get killed by a '0 kills, 17 deaths' noob.

I don't disagree with you, and I am a fan of Blops 2 as well.  Let me pose a couple of counter points though, in the spirit of good debate (for all, not any one person exclusively)

Wall running:  This happens at "a couple of key places on (either) a couple of maps" (or all maps - opinions are less clear here).  From the video at 0:20 seconds in, after the dude in the window gets throwing knifed or whatever, there are clearly two paths to get through the water.  One player jumps down into the water and the main character wall runs to get through it a bit faster.  Again, at about 0:45, when the chick says "Let's hunt" and then she chooses to wall run as opposed to taking the stairs.  Clearly two paths and nothing saying you have to take either one.

• Advantage:  Coming off AW with all the fast movements and boost jumping?  THIS should have been the transition TO playing AW, not the other way around.
  • Advantage:  These appear to be center of the map, flood point types of routes.  Just avoid them.

Special Abilities:  Admittedly I am having a harder time with defending this one, but let me give it a shot.  Much like SUPPORT, I suspect that these are built up over time with scored points (kills, assists, PTO, etc.).  If you spawn, get killed, spawn, get a kill and die, spawn, get a kill and die, it's going to take awhile to reach those abilities.  I would suspect a good player would kind of learn a "time when" things like this happen.  In a game now, I have a time slot that if we aren't slaying out, I switch over to a Ghost or Flak class because I know kill streaks are inbound.  While these may, or may not, have a counter, I suspect a smart player can learn to avoid being bullshitted on by the 4-16 novice.

• Advantage:  They still have to be able to shoot with their special classes.  If you out gun them with reg guns, you can probably win some gunfights against their specials because they aren't as experienced as some players.
  • Advantage:  I suspect you will be begin to recognize the classes that have the more BS abilities, thus you can better prepare for them in the lobby ahead of time?  IDK, I'm reaching here.
  • DISADVANTAGE:  If you think having a noob with a special is bad, what about the 26-2 slayer who gets his/her THIRD one in a game?   :blink:

Thanks man. I don't know about jumping right into HC Search though. That seems like hitting off a tee as opposed to facing Nolan Ryan. :huh:

Understandable. I can guarantee you I won't hassle you. Neither will any of the other guys I play with and if they did I'd lay some smack down on them. Either way, don't worry if you do or don't. If you do I'll take you under my wing and help you. There's nothing better than being the last guy against 4 or 5 and clutching.

Maybe I'm wrong but all these early-promo clips, are almost always, a well edited montage of the most WOW moments. Didn't see any WOW moments though. But I agree it's very subjective.

^ watching that game play trailer the only thing that was slightly worrisome was the long lead on the airdrop for the care package.  It just seemed "long" to me.

Other than that? I am about as happy as I could be with what I have seen, and what the future holds at this point, as I have been prior to any release I was anxiously awaiting (Ghosts and AW).

I game on PS3 and PS4 and even thou PS get's DLC first etc,I think both platforms should get it at the same time.But the DLC has been ass,only good DLC IMO was on ghosts as of late.I'm thinking about buying an xbox one cuz they had some pretty cool things going on.I figure if I have both consoles nex gen I'll be covered.

I game on PS3 and PS4 and even thou PS get's DLC first etc,I think both platforms should get it at the same time.But the DLC has been ass,only good DLC IMO was on ghosts as of late.I'm thinking about buying an xbox one cuz they had some pretty cool things going on.I figure if I have both consoles nex gen I'll be covered.

Do it!

post-881-0-19363600-1434623130.jpeg

Everytime i see this thread at the top of my feed i cry a little i think i am going to delete it ;) haha , no ive had it good on the xbox for ages you guys deserve it now.

Everytime i see this thread at the top of my feed i cry a little i think i am going to delete it ;) haha , no ive had it good on the xbox for ages you guys deserve it now.

At least the DLC high has subsided for me. AW has kind of lessened the excitement. I have both systems so if I really need it I can latch on, but I'm an Xbox guy most of the time.

Archived