PS gets DLC First

cranium2001

I'm a 2 console player. I prefer xbox one over ps4. Mostly because that's where my friends are. PS getting the dlc first is pretty cool for you PS guys. It doesn't bother me personally either way. I'm still going to be on my Xbox 90% of the time.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks. To be honest, AW soured dlc for me anyway and I never chose one system over the other for the dlc. I am , however, certain it will and has swayed people's decision.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-scores-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-exclusivity-de/1100-6428179/

I understand why they have shifted to Sony because of the number of owners v MS but it un fair who ever has it first , this and the acutual game footage has deeply saddened me ;)

I understand why they have shifted to Sony because of the number of owners v MS but it un fair who ever has it first , this and the acutual game footage has deeply saddened me ;)

That's too bad :(. I didn't think it looked too bad. I would love to have more current or back game. Hopefully this future style is just a phase but I'm okay with both ways. I just prefer WWII and MW2 type games.

Personally I love this announcement.   I have read messages for years about the playstation guys saying it wasn't fair, and then the replies of xbox fanboys being complete trolls over the situation.  It's really nice to see that reversed now and the former trolls saying 'it's not fair since it's happening to them'.  (all my Duma xbox friends are excluded from this comment, i realize most are much more mature than the casual fanboy that i like to see pissed off).   Really it comes down to money.  Microsoft used to be the place to play, now it's Sony; the system is just selling better so it makes sense that Activision decided to go there.  

On a side note, I also loved the Ops3 trailer last night.  Yes it did still look futuristic, but didn't look to change the game play as much as AW did.  Aside from a few future boost and wall runs (which they've said isn't nearly as bad as the monkey jumping in AW), this looks more traditional than Sledgehammers attempt.  I'm going to guess at a happy medium between Op2 and AW.   Can't wait to see more footage later this evening.

Battlefront  :o will be mine. Just hope Dice don't screw the launch up like they always do...

Battlefront looked great!  really looking forward to that also.

I don't mind that it switched and I figured they would since they lost so many players on the Xbox. But now that the Xbone will be backwards compatible then maybe I sell my 360 for a PS4!

I don't mind that it switched and I figured they would since they lost so many players on the Xbox. But now that the Xbone will be backwards compatible then maybe I sell my 360 for a PS4!

Add me when you get it. Same GT B)

i wonder how mlg will handle this

CoD is struggling as an E-Sport.

The last tournament only had 50K viewers online. That's not much considering certain players used to pull in that many on their private streams, alone. We could say it's because of many not liking AW, but that's not the whole picture. CoD needs to change the core game play because it's not very skilled, and watching the events isn't very exciting because of this. Also, the move to MLG TV from Twitch has opened up a huge market lead for PC games like LoL, Dota, CS, etc. who pull in more viewers than any CoDs combined.

Now, as to how they WILL handle this... They'll go with PS4. The pro players will still hawk their Scuffs since PS4 doesn't have that yet like MS, and they will continue to do it until numbers decline so much they all switch to other games like CS (Search & Destroy), or the developers actually make CoD interesting to watch again.

Never liked the DLC timed exclusive stuff. 

I agree.  However, if they must do it, I'd really appreciate it if they'd acknowledge that the real battle is between the consoles and that there's no point in delaying DLC for the PC becuase it's not competing with the consoles.  All it does is serve to further degrade the PC as a viable gaming platform.

I get that there are now two (three? More?) generations that have grown up knowing nothing but console-based gaming, but these types of games -- and this series specifically -- was born on the PC, and wouldn't exist in its current state or popularity without the PC community.

CoD is struggling as an E-Sport.

The last tournament only had 50K viewers online. That's not much considering certain players used to pull in that many on their private streams, alone. We could say it's because of many not liking AW, but that's not the whole picture. CoD needs to change the core game play because it's not very skilled, and watching the events isn't very exciting because of this. Also, the move to MLG TV from Twitch has opened up a huge market lead for PC games like LoL, Dota, CS, etc. who pull in more viewers than any CoDs combined.

I think CoD's struggle as an E-Sport has less to do with CoD than it does with MLG.  As Drift0r pointed out the other day, the reason for CoD being in MLG is largely a political one; CoD was doing much better on Twitch.

Staying far away from E-Sports will help COD in general.
The abomination that is AW is a grand example of that.

The skill-based matchmaking that matches your skill with other similar-leveled players made us play sweaty lobbies like no tomorrow until the Netduma came into our lives with the geo-filter limiting the number of players and forcing the game to match us based on location instead since it can't find many similar level players easily due to the location constraints.

Don't even talk about the inability for you to hear enemy footsteps until they are one arms' length away from you. That idea popped up because the developers wanted to make the E-Sports players play the same rule as the pubs but this caused the pubs to be limited by the E-Sports players. And made AW play like an old game where we can't even hear enemy footsteps. Ridiculous.

There are more ridiculous stuffs that just pisses off so many players including me that made me stop playing AW altogether and avoid it like a plague that it is.

I saw this change in the announcement for the first time last night.  At first I felt like I was somehow on the outside looking in, wishing I was a cool kid.

Then I realized I don't play a lot of the DLC maps as I keep them on a thumb drive for Double XP weekends and when there will be really high player counts.  The rest of the time (like during the work week when I usually play most of my CoD) I play the core maps to increase the chances of getting in a ping friendly lobby.  For example, trying to find a ping friendly lobby on PS3 with just one map pack installed is an exercise in extreme patience and GOD FORBID if you rage quit that lobby once there....LOL

I don't really play zombies, a game here or there.  I don't have a YT or self promotion tool where I need to be the first to get my thoughts out there.

So what do I really miss with not getting DLC first?

A new gun would be nice.  Everyone will be using it exclusively for the first 3 weeks and it won't be balanced for months.  Am I really "missing out" here?

New maps are fun.  Some YT clown is going to immediately post private parkour session gameplays to show you sneaky hiding spots and map exploits, which will no doubt be used to sucker punch me off my streak.  Am I really "missing out" here?

New camo?  I don't even really care, to be honest.  If I can't unlock it with an achievement, it would have to be something pretty amazing for me to care.  Am I really "missing out" here?

A month or 6 weeks later I'll get a version that SHOULD be a bit more refined than the initial release, which in theory SHOULD make my experience a little less aggravating.

So I have to ask myself, am I really missing out and do I "NEED" to rush out and buy a PS4 today (when there is probably a newer, sleeker and even MORE powerful version set to be announced this week or prior to launch)?

I'm good.  Thanks for the beta and I'll wait to see on the rest.

As for DLC, as a long time fan of COD, this is the first time that I did not pre-order a COD game.
I'm going to wait till I get more information and before the Beta before I decide to take the plunge.

I have a bit of trust in Treyarch and loved the past 2 Black Ops series by far. But seeing the characters do a lot of wall running and my memories of the broken camera angles of BO2 didn't sit well with me.

The character abilities similar to Destiny's super doesn't bode well with me as they are considered as a cheap way to get kills similar to that of the DEATH STREAKS. Over time, anyone can earn these abilities and that means, even noobs can have these one shot kill abilities like the 'titan slam' and the 'one shot kill pistol'. Will sure ruin anyone's day when they are on a nice killstreak and then they get killed by a '0 kills, 17 deaths' noob.

I saw this change in the announcement for the first time last night. At first I felt like I was somehow on the outside looking in, wishing I was a cool kid.

Then I realized I don't play a lot of the DLC maps as I keep them on a thumb drive for Double XP weekends and when there will be really high player counts. The rest of the time (like during the work week when I usually play most of my CoD) I play the core maps to increase the chances of getting in a ping friendly lobby. For example, trying to find a ping friendly lobby on PS3 with just one map pack installed is an exercise in extreme patience and GOD FORBID if you rage quit that lobby once there....LOL

I don't really play zombies, a game here or there. I don't have a YT or self promotion tool where I need to be the first to get my thoughts out there.

So what do I really miss with not getting DLC first?

A new gun would be nice. Everyone will be using it exclusively for the first 3 weeks and it won't be balanced for months. Am I really "missing out" here?

New maps are fun. Some YT clown is going to immediately post private parkour session gameplays to show you sneaky hiding spots and map exploits, which will no doubt be used to sucker punch me off my streak. Am I really "missing out" here?

New camo? I don't even really care, to be honest. If I can't unlock it with an achievement, it would have to be something pretty amazing for me to care. Am I really "missing out" here?

A month or 6 weeks later I'll get a version that SHOULD be a bit more refined than the initial release, which in theory SHOULD make my experience a little less aggravating.

So I have to ask myself, am I really missing out and do I "NEED" to rush out and buy a PS4 today (when there is probably a newer, sleeker and even MORE powerful version set to be announced this week or prior to launch)?

I'm good. Thanks for the beta and I'll wait to see on the rest.

Just join me on Xbox One and you won't have to.B)

The character abilities similar to Destiny's super doesn't bode well with me as they are considered as a cheap way to get kills similar to that of the DEATH STREAKS. Over time, anyone can earn these abilities and that means, even noobs can have these one shot kill abilities like the 'titan slam' and the 'one shot kill pistol'. Will sure ruin anyone's day when they are on a nice killstreak and then they get killed by a '0 kills, 17 deaths' noob.

Yes my feelings exactly.

Archived