Who should get a XR500?

PharmDawgg

I’m just torn between getting one or sticking with my R1. Right now I am of the the mentality of if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. Currently I have no complaints with the R1. I don’t need gigabit speeds and I have great WiFi coverage so why do I need the XR500?? But on the other hand I want it so bad. I hate you Netduma.

I’m just torn between getting one or sticking with my R1. Right now I am of the the mentality of if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. Currently I have no complaints with the R1. I don’t need gigabit speeds and I have great WiFi coverage so why do I need the XR500?? But on the other hand I want it so bad. I hate you Netduma.

My only concern is antijitter/antispike. If it comes to the xr500 first I’m going to get it but if it doesn’t I’m sticking with my old faithful. What do you guys think preferably the ones who already have the R1 and are thinking about getting the XR500. Just curious.

it will be coming to the xr500, but they haven't did any testing on it yet.

If I were going to be streaming all my TV services and was worried about 4K , I would upgrade to an XR500.  Right now with 50/50 fiber from my ISP and a Netgear router in AP mode doing my wifi connectivity, I'm content with the R1.  I don't really have a complicated home network, but I do have many wifi connected devices. I seldom think about my routers except to game.  As long as everything stays that way, I'm sticking with the R1.

If it was me PharmDawgg I'd just hold off and wait to see what happens with the features that are gonna be available on the OG Duma.

IMO it's already February so it won't be long before the new OS will be available on the OG and if it doesn't have the features you like pull the trigger on the XR500.

Just my take on it... :D