Any advice appreciated

TheNewEra

I'm currently experiencing really bad delay on xbox one x on games such as fifa 18, cod ww2, rocket league etc.

I,ve had this for a while now and after exploring all other avenues on here, 

Correct cables

R1 best setup

Spoke to ISP

Used pingplotter and dsl reports

Tried other routers

I'm now wondering could my modem be the problem?

I currently have a Draytek Vigor 130 modem with the R1.

I have BT infinity 2 fibre

42 down

9 up

Could anyone recommend a modem for this setup, any help greatly appreaciated!

Thanks

I'm currently experiencing really bad delay

What kind of delay? Do you mean a delay between pressing a button and seeing the action on screen?

Or do you mean something in a game that you could illustrate with a clip?

it won't be the draytek, the vigor 130 is 1 of the best modems on the market for vdsl. I have 1 and trust me I did intensive homework before i got 1.  You could try the openreach modem too which you can still get on ebay or amazon if you want to try a good alternative.

What kind of delay? Do you mean a delay between pressing a button and seeing the action on screen?

Or do you mean something in a game that you could illustrate with a clip?

a delay as you mentioned between pressing a button and reaction time, i have a BenQ zowie 1ms monitor and use a wired controller. 

Literally have run out of ideas as to what the problem could be?

it won't be the draytek, the vigor 130 is 1 of the best modems on the market for vdsl. I have 1 and trust me I did intensive homework before i got 1.  You could try the openreach modem too which you can still get on ebay or amazon if you want to try a good alternative.

Ok thanks, i also have a openeach modem which didn't seem to make a difference but if its okay for you then i guess the modem isnt a problem. Just heard a few people say there are some modems that are not compatible with the R1  

Ok thanks, i also have a openeach modem which didn't seem to make a difference but if its okay for you then i guess the modem isnt a problem. Just heard a few people say there are some modems that are not compatible with the R1  

have you ran a pingplotter test to see if theres a lot of jitter or any issues on your line?

If you have an ECI cabinet then the Draytek, as BIG_DOG said, is one of the best as they both have a Lantiq chipset. If you have a Huawei cabinet then something with a Broadcom chipset such as the Openreach HG612 modem is best. Matching the chipsets gives you the lowest jitter and best stability possible

have you ran a pingplotter test to see if theres a lot of jitter or any issues on your line?

yes but it was quite a while ago and unsure if i did it correctly. When using pingplotter to check my line for jitter what should you put in for,

"target name/ip"

"interval"

"focus"

Thanks

If you have an ECI cabinet then the Draytek, as BIG_DOG said, is one of the best as they both have a Lantiq chipset. If you have a Huawei cabinet then something with a Broadcom chipset such as the Openreach HG612 modem is best. Matching the chipsets gives you the lowest jitter and best stability possible

unsure on this will have to check, thanks

yes but it was quite a while ago and unsure if i did it correctly. When using pingplotter to check my line for jitter what should you put in for,

"target name/ip"

"interval"

"focus"

Thanks

Target: twitter.com

Interval 2.5 seconds

Focus: Auto

it looks like you have a lot of jitter on your line judging by those large spikes. You also seem to be getting some packet loss on hop 3.

this is my pingplotter graph with my draytek vigor 130 modem connected to my netduma. As you can see there is no packet loss at all. You may have a line issue, a faulty cable from socket to modem or a faulty ethernet cable. It is a process of elimination. How old is your phone line? Do you have an up-to-date faceplate on the master socket for example.

you did run your pingplotter test wired didn't you and not wireless?

oOlPlgV.png