Game server ping survey

RobReapz

I am curious to know peoples online gaming experiences mostly for call of duty games past and present. I would like to know when the game is playing well and the connection feels great and when the game play feels more consistent what are your pings to the game servers?  The more people that reply to this the better. Which game and a rough ping is adequate, Thanks.

Good idea.

I'm not much of a ping watcher as I usually let others do the Geo filtering (and because ping-watching can easily drive a man insane) but I'm interested to see what people think/find. I'll start to keep an eye on mine too and see if I can see any correlation.

Maybe include which console too? Not sure how different the servers are on IW + WW2 but on BO3 the Xbox/PS4 had very different servers.

Are you mainly thinking along the lines of enemy lag, teleporters, round-the-corners, etc, rather than just when people take a whupping?

I am curious to know peoples online gaming experiences mostly for call of duty games past and present. I would like to know when the game is playing well and the connection feels great and when the game play feels more consistent what are your pings to the game servers?  The more people that reply to this the better. Which game and a rough ping is adequate, Thanks.

I'm playing ww2. Don't really play the old ones once the new one comes out unless I hate it like ghosts. Anyways my ping has been 25-30ms on most servers. Game feels like it plays really decent midday. I've been home for the couple weeks so I get to play during the day. I also play at night but don't get on until around 10 central time and its ok to decent (some lobbies are better than others) until about 1-130. Then its magic bullets! Really wish there was a legit way to get your upload download speeds tested (like dsl reports) using your sliders to get them absolutely set perfect. Better hit detection and making so your not seeing the other to soon or too late. 

Yea I’ll keep track of mine closer, seems it’s been playing well in the 30s for me lately, I’m tired of the one clown in each lobby with the one that’s yellow or red and through the roof. Good idea here, give us a chance to compare numbers and see if we find more consistency at certain numbers with a decent sample size.

Ww2

30-40 ping

PS4 pro

100/20

I didn't own a Netduma in Ghosts but 99% of my games were buttery smooth with consistently instant hitmarkers and no wonkiness, as if it was on LAN. Same for AW, unfortunately, because despite my living in the UK the "ping is king - Michael CONdrey" matchmaking decided I should play on the Seattle server 4800 miles away most of the time. I had to use a weird setup bridged through my laptop to run Wireshark for my PS4 so I could find the IPs of servers I was connecting to back then, so I could confirm Sledgehammer were indeed a bunch of lying overpaid chimps.

BO3 was a mess because even though I picked up my Netduma around that time, and I was forcing low latency (<30ms) games every lobby, it was bipolar depending on how many middle east players were in my lobbies. On the rare occasion that my games didn't have at least six three bar Saudi/Kuwaiti/Emirati players in it actually ran well and I didn't die to lies.

IW was mostly mental illness on disc for me. The beta and first six weeks were just... unplayable. Late December through to mid-February were better - say 30% of games actually working with hit detection and not getting rekt by 0.7KDs with seemingly inhuman reaction times when the killcam would confirm they were out of sync and saw me for longer - but then patch 1.09 came out on Valentine's Day and pretty much confirmed I no longer loved CoD... sorry lol. Before getting IW I moved from cable to fibre, my base latency dropped from 13ms (with 30-50ms spikes every few seconds with packet loss) to a flat 7ms, and most of my games played in IW were on 7ms. I counted maybe 10 games that felt like it. The only server that gave me consistently smooth games was in Poland (40ms), but since that along with the Danish and Russian servers were dead all year round even for core TDM, I couldn't thoroughly test what I guessed would likely be the sweet spot for latency in a CoD game. Some games would be buttery smooth and the next game in the same lobby on the same server against the same 40 IQ spuds would kill me with sponge, so yeah... random. I'd say in maybe 10% of games on IW, it was smooth with responsive hit detection, no busted aim assist getting caught on hit box ghosts stuck behind where laggers actually were, and no clearly being behind the action where everyone supposedly knows something I don't while I'm basically G Fuel snapping on people like I'm flicking a mouse while using a monitor and ridiculous connection - and that still wouldn't be good enough to keep up with the 16% accuracy no quickdraw drooling WiFi jitter hexagon monkeys on 2 sensitivity hipfiring slow firing ARs while drunk and playing through a 720p projector ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've already uninstalled WW2. I've never played something so laggy and out of sync in my life. Delays delays delays... and being pummelled by the equivalent of regular bots. Nah I'm good

I didn't own a Netduma in Ghosts but 99% of my games were buttery smooth with consistently instant hitmarkers and no wonkiness, as if it was on LAN. Same for AW, unfortunately, because despite my living in the UK the "ping is king - Michael CONdrey" matchmaking decided I should play on the Seattle server 4800 miles away most of the time. I had to use a weird setup bridged through my laptop to run Wireshark for my PS4 so I could find the IPs of servers I was connecting to back then, so I could confirm Sledgehammer were indeed a bunch of lying overpaid chimps.

BO3 was a mess because even though I picked up my Netduma around that time, and I was forcing low latency (<30ms) games every lobby, it was bipolar depending on how many middle east players were in my lobbies. On the rare occasion that my games didn't have at least six three bar Saudi/Kuwaiti/Emirati players in it actually ran well and I didn't die to lies.

IW was mostly mental illness on disc for me. The beta and first six weeks were just... unplayable. Late December through to mid-February were better - say 30% of games actually working with hit detection and not getting rekt by 0.7KDs with seemingly inhuman reaction times when the killcam would confirm they were out of sync and saw me for longer - but then patch 1.09 came out on Valentine's Day and pretty much confirmed I no longer loved CoD... sorry lol. Before getting IW I moved from cable to fibre, my base latency dropped from 13ms (with 30-50ms spikes every few seconds with packet loss) to a flat 7ms, and most of my games played in IW were on 7ms. I counted maybe 10 games that felt like it. The only server that gave me consistently smooth games was in Poland (40ms), but since that along with the Danish and Russian servers were dead all year round even for core TDM, I couldn't thoroughly test what I guessed would likely be the sweet spot for latency in a CoD game. Some games would be buttery smooth and the next game in the same lobby on the same server against the same 40 IQ spuds would kill me with sponge, so yeah... random. I'd say in maybe 10% of games on IW, it was smooth with responsive hit detection, no busted aim assist getting caught on hit box ghosts stuck behind where laggers actually were, and no clearly being behind the action where everyone supposedly knows something I don't while I'm basically G Fuel snapping on people like I'm flicking a mouse while using a monitor and ridiculous connection - and that still wouldn't be good enough to keep up with the 16% accuracy no quickdraw drooling WiFi jitter hexagon monkeys on 2 sensitivity hipfiring slow firing ARs while drunk and playing through a 720p projector ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've already uninstalled WW2. I've never played something so laggy and out of sync in my life. Delays delays delays... and being pummelled by the equivalent of regular bots. Nah I'm good

Yikes, i feel for ya I didn’t really get competitive as far as getting a controller, monitor, duma with cod until blops 3 was out for quite a while and felt behind the curve a bit at that point. IW ran pretty well for me overall and I really started to do well in it, now ww2 is seemingly playable most times at least over the last week or two. Ww2 is definitley behind IWs launch imo for fair play, but seems to finally be catching up on the right server anyway. I was kinda a cod hater before and played a bit here or there as I didn’t want to put in the effort to not suck. I was used to jumping into a game since I was young on 007 or before on most anything and just destroying people and that wasn’t so easy in cod although I did do pretty well in bf titles. Been gaming over 30 years and I can say without a doubt there’s no other game that takes so much money and effort to succeed consistently in, at least not any that I’ve played. Sure duma and the rest helps a bit in other games, but it’s not the crutch that’s needed in cod which is partly the pace and more so the lack of upgrading on the devs part I believe. I’ve had some of the best and some of the most rage inducing times on cod so I do hope they eventually make it a more consistent experience eventually. We shouldn’t really have to buy all this stuff to enjoy a game or make it playable, practice and skill should decide the outcome of things not just be a part of the equation, but all that said I’m still enjoying myself most times. Sorry to hear your experience has been so bad though, I’ve been there and feel your pain.

Yikes, i feel for ya I didn’t really get competitive as far as getting a controller, monitor, duma with cod until blops 3 was out for quite a while and felt behind the curve a bit at that point. IW ran pretty well for me overall and I really started to do well in it, now ww2 is seemingly playable most times at least over the last week or two. Ww2 is definitley behind IWs launch imo for fair play, but seems to finally be catching up on the right server anyway. I was kinda a cod hater before and played a bit here or there as I didn’t want to put in the effort to not suck. I was used to jumping into a game since I was young on 007 or before on most anything and just destroying people and that wasn’t so easy in cod although I did do pretty well in bf titles. Been gaming over 30 years and I can say without a doubt there’s no other game that takes so much money and effort to succeed consistently in, at least not any that I’ve played. Sure duma and the rest helps a bit in other games, but it’s not the crutch that’s needed in cod which is partly the pace and more so the lack of upgrading on the devs part I believe. I’ve had some of the best and some of the most rage inducing times on cod so I do hope they eventually make it a more consistent experience eventually. We shouldn’t really have to buy all this stuff to enjoy a game or make it playable, practice and skill should decide the outcome of things not just be a part of the equation, but all that said I’m still enjoying myself most times. Sorry to hear your experience has been so bad though, I’ve been there and feel your pain.

Wow you are a vet! I didn't start playing multiplayer games until the end of 2013 LOL... what a noob :D I had no idea there was an ISP (Virgin Media) that you didn't need a phone line for and I didn't want to tie myself to that, thinking that Internet + line rental would be unnecessarily expensive considering I didn't have the need to get online much otherwise, so I just played single player games up until then and relied on my mobile network's hot-spot plan to use my laptop when I needed it haha

I preordered a PS4 and decided I wanted to try CoD online, so I signed up with VM and practised on 360 MW3 for a few weeks before it turned up with Ghosts. MW3 got me hooked and even though I basically walked straight into a nightmare with Ghosts thanks to how people played it, I adapted fast and the quality hit detection allowed me to worry about improving at my own pace rather than having to fight through additional issues like connections. You could say my fun levels peaked and then dropped far too quickly lol. I gave up on AW after 30k kills because of the lag and inability to find games of core TDM after just six months, so I bought BO1/BO2 and went back to find some normality, but eventually I encountered one hacker too many and came back to the present with Ghosts. By the time BO3 came out and then depressed me with its Saudi based matchmaking I couldn't play Ghosts any longer because it was just dead and 95% of the people left refused to use their left sticks

Yup old as dirt I am, but shockingly my reaction has fallen apart too bad. Which is shocking when I think about all I’ve put my body through over the years. Was a bit late to the cod party though, so hopefully they get back to the days where things feel like I’ve heard they did long ago as far as connections concerned.

No left sticks sounds strangely familiar lately, I’m starting to wonder if it’s a ds4 defect tbh. Last game I had 40 kills and 8 caps in dom to lose which isn’t amazing but, I had our first ten kills while every other person on my team went between 0-6 to 0-11 corner camping on USS Texas. I had no idea it was possible to do that bad that fast without moving, I don’t even think the other team was sniping or if so they weren’t any good at it, cause I didn’t get hit capping B 6 times.

en ww2 ps4 pro conexion 300/30 cables de red cat 6 y cat 7

modo estricto 

996 km 

pin assistente a 0%

ping grafico entre 17ms y 22 ms 

prioridad de dispositivo carga 50% ps4 pro y descarga 50% pc 

Límite de descarga del 70% y subida del 70%

algoritmo preventivo aquí tengo que decir que de vez en cuando lo pongo en reactivo para probar y mas o menos igual 

hyper-traffic red ps4 y plastation 

ajustes misceláneos CASILLAS 2, 3, 8, Y 11 MARCADAS