So here's the deal: 

I've stopped using my NetDumaR1 entirely for WW2. I run all COD games with a friend of mine who lives in Texas. I've "Tracert" to him and I get between a 60-70ms ping. Generally it takes 13-14 hops to get to him. He also has a NetDumaR1 and when we both get into lobbies in WW2 we can never land kills on anyone in Core or HC. That's when we both use our NetDumas. When I take off my NetDuma I still get 2 bar/3 bar connections (Yellow). I understand that only ISPs can do something about PING aka the amount of gateways it takes to relay the information from one to another. So I had him set up his geographical regions to encompass east Coast, Texas to Boston and add me to his router. Even still, we still get crappy connections and there are still people entering the lobbies that don't meet the threshold able to enter the lobbies even with him using the Strict Parameter. Bottom line is the NetDumaR1 isn't working as intended for this game. I'll use the NetDuma for IW for not for WW2 and that says a lot considering I haven't played IW since WW2 came out.

We get people from South America, Europe, and Everywhere that don't meet that parameters. Also there's no amount of throttling or maxing out the speed that will help. At this point I don't know what to do about any of this.

Verizon FIOS 1Gbps/1Gbps

Normal Router

PS4 Pro

I too have ran into the crappy lobbies in COD WWII. Seems to run 1 good game for 5 bad ones pretty consistently. I think there's just too many people playing with crap connections that bring the lobbies down. The game seems to be pretty buggy the way it is (hit detection, lag, ect.) as well.

Also, the Geo-Filter and Ping Assist only pertain to the host YOU connect to. You will not connect to a lobby host outside of your set parameters. However, ANYONE can connect to that said host. The Netduma cannot control the in-game matchmaking for other players. The problem is the matchmaking algorithm in Call of Duty. It really should be region/ping based, not open.

I got lucky and set my geo-filter to cover only Arizona and Eastern California and managed to get a lobby with all 12 players in that range. Average ping for the lobby was 30ms and all were stable connections. This lobby was great (Fair, No BS) for the 3 matches it lasted. Just have to get lucky I guess.

there are still people entering the lobbies that don't meet the threshold able to enter the lobbies even with him using the Strict Parameter. Bottom line is the NetDumaR1 isn't working as intended for this game.

You've misunderstood how the Netduma works.

The Geo Filter does not filter other players that join the server, it filters the host/server that YOU can join.

When there are server/matchmaking issues (as there always are around launch) it's highly likely that you will see a lot more people with high pings because the matchmaking will dump people onto any server it can find for them.

The problem is the matchmaking algorithm in Call of Duty. It really should be region/ping based, not open.

A lot of that will be down to the server/matchmaking problems as well, if one region is struggling then those players will get dumped onto the next batch of servers available. Over the launch weekend I was seeing quite a lot of 2 bar lobbies (playing without Geo filtering), that would be West coast US for me as I would still get 3 bar if it was East coast (85ms ping).

When things are stable (properly stable) I think we'll find that we see much more solid lobbies, where 2 bars are rarer.

• Administrators

Everyone is complaining about the servers at the moment. To the point where they have actually taken servers offline: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssistso give them time to resolve the issues people are having and I'm sure it will start to play better.

That's interesting because I'm typically the Host of the Games I play in, which is saying a lot. How do I know I'm the host? Because when I drop out of lobbies in WWII, I can see just before I leave that the game is searching for a new Host. So if I'm the host and anyone can connect to me even with my "Strict" geofilter settings, then what in the bajeesus are any of those settings for? 

@Fraser - Everyone will complain indeed because people have invested $60-$100 into a game that took three years to develop (supposedly), and while server issues are a constant in COD irrespective the game, they simply cannot get it right from game to game... As if this issue were new... Every year it's a recurrent theme... no one wants to wait for them to fix the issue because it seems a moot point... it seems they should have had this already figured out off the bat!

That's interesting because I'm typically the Host of the Games I play in, which is saying a lot. How do I know I'm the host? Because when I drop out of lobbies in WWII, I can see just before I leave that the game is searching for a new Host.

CoD WW2 is potluck at the moment. It was a teleporty mess earlier today and every time there was a decent game some weasel would dashboard it and wipe it out.

• Administrators

That's interesting because I'm typically the Host of the Games I play in, which is saying a lot. How do I know I'm the host? Because when I drop out of lobbies in WWII, I can see just before I leave that the game is searching for a new Host. So if I'm the host and anyone can connect to me even with my "Strict" geofilter settings, then what in the bajeesus are any of those settings for? 

@Fraser - Everyone will complain indeed because people have invested $60-$100 into a game that took three years to develop (supposedly), and while server issues are a constant in COD irrespective the game, they simply cannot get it right from game to game... As if this issue were new... Every year it's a recurrent theme... no one wants to wait for them to fix the issue because it seems a moot point... it seems they should have had this already figured out off the bat!

If you were in fact the host then you shouldn't have had any players outside your radius if the Geo-filter was correctly setup.

Totally understand that, I just don't get the 'it's the R1's fault!' when this happens every year and it always settles down

So here's the deal: 

I've stopped using my NetDumaR1 entirely for WW2. I run all COD games with a friend of mine who lives in Texas. I've "Tracert" to him and I get between a 60-70ms ping. Generally it takes 13-14 hops to get to him. He also has a NetDumaR1 and when we both get into lobbies in WW2 we can never land kills on anyone in Core or HC. That's when we both use our NetDumas. When I take off my NetDuma I still get 2 bar/3 bar connections (Yellow). I understand that only ISPs can do something about PING aka the amount of gateways it takes to relay the information from one to another. So I had him set up his geographical regions to encompass east Coast, Texas to Boston and add me to his router. Even still, we still get crappy connections and there are still people entering the lobbies that don't meet the threshold able to enter the lobbies even with him using the Strict Parameter. Bottom line is the NetDumaR1 isn't working as intended for this game. I'll use the NetDuma for IW for not for WW2 and that says a lot considering I haven't played IW since WW2 came out.

We get people from South America, Europe, and Everywhere that don't meet that parameters. Also there's no amount of throttling or maxing out the speed that will help. At this point I don't know what to do about any of this.

Verizon FIOS 1Gbps/1Gbps

Normal Router

PS4 Pro

You can't fix his connection with your routing nor your connection with his routing.  The best you will ever achieve is to individually find a neutral server that both of you independently ping low to and then filter around that or not play together or just deal with it. 

The answer to your issues is that 70ms latency between the two of you. 

No device will ever overcome routing from ISP, you can't force it.  If you're in Boston and he's in Texas you're best possible solution may be using the filter over the Atlanta server being careful not to select anything in Florida or you will get all the islanders that make every lobby feel like shit.

I have to agree with the others...this is no way netdumas fault...by them taking off the dedicated servers we are all now playing on p2p servers hence a lot of host migrations ...we never saw them in blops3...at least I didn't and I played that a lot! As of yesterday when the ps4 servers went down we all went and played a few games on blops3 and I went back to smooth running and going 40-5 every game. We ended up back on ww2 when the servers came back up and it was so laggy I was lucky to go 15-15 and playing smart. Once the dedicated servers come back up I think the lag will slowy go away.....I hope.

• 9 months later...