Recent Weather affecting R1?

Anyone else having a problem with their R1 keep dropping internet connectivity every 30-40 minutes or so? I have had to restart the router multiple times over the weekend, and i wondered if it maybe had something to do with the recent weather? My router is in an enclosed cupboard, and sat on top of the Sky router. I've not had many other problems with heat up until i checked out the routers Saturday night and they were very hot to the touch. I have since seperated them and even put the R1 on it's side away from the Sky hub, but it has made no difference. I have disabled my VPN as that is the only other change in the last couple of weeks, but i still get the same problem.

After a reboot it works perfectly, but after a random amount of time devices will still connect to the R1 but with limited to no internet connection. As i did not use my console over the weekend i cannot say if it was affected, but at least 4 apple devices plus a Windows tablet have been affected until it was rebooted. We have also tried pulling the power once this morning, with no effect.

Is it just me, or should i be more concerned?

If it's enclosed in a cupboard I would look at getting it located elsewhere to help ventilate it especially if weather conditions are warm

I had the doors to it open yesterday and it made no difference, even though it was noticably cooler. Even with the temperatures we've had earlier in the year i had not had a problem up until last Friday.

I place my network on upturned plates to keep them cool the plates act as heat syncs and disperse the heat.

I would not keep network devices in a cupboard either, they need to be separate by so many inches and the cupboard is containing the heat.

I place my network on upturned plates to keep them cool the plates act as heat syncs and disperse the heat.

I would not keep network devices in a cupboard either, they need to be separate by so many inches and the cupboard is containing the heat.

But they have been this way since i bought the duma 18+ months ago!

I should also point out that there is no back to the cupboard. I removed it before it was put into position as i expected my hardware to sit in there. Although not ideal, it is in the shade and has free airflow out the back of the unit.

• 3 weeks later...

I would just echo what people have said so far, has it since stopped rebooting?

I did some testing and it seems that it was the VPN causing the issue. We have seen many similar hot days since i first posted and i tried numerous things, including moving the Duma to another location and it still got very hot and caused regular drop outs. i disabled VPN on all devices and logged out, and it has been fine since. had to reboot once i think but that was unrelated. I have not re enabled the VPN yet and it has been fine, so i have put it down to that. I'm using NordVPN btw.