Help choose a gaming chair.

jasrig

I have the GT omega racing gaming chair. Solid build quality and reclines to flat. Got head and lumbar support and they do normal size and fat ass size. 

I did a review of it on my blog if you fancy a read.

http://bagsta69.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/gt-omega-racing-chair-and-dropping-balls.html

https://www.amazon.com/Seating-AirGrid-Synchro-Adjustable-Managers/dp/B000PWINLQ

No DX Racer or anything, but it comes with a lifetime warranty on everything except the cushion and the company has been more than nice when it comes to sending any replacement parts. Only thing I had to replace was a ripped arm rest.

A long time gaming buddy got the big version and he said it was awesome so I got the normal size and I love it. Ive had 4 operations on my spine L5S1 and it is so comfortable. 

I spend hours a day sat in it as Mission control is also my office where I do all my photo editing and basically run my business from and it really is comfy.

I cannot comment on the DX Racers as never owned one but I don't think there is a kick in the ass bit of difference. 

Can vouch for DXRacers as well. Bought one not too long ago and I really love it.

Well, for starters just like people here say it depends on how much you are willing to spend? Then there is the issue of how much you weigh and how tall are you? Also how long do you spend gaming? Depending on the answer you might not even need quality gaming chairs like DXRacer, GT Omega or AKRacing. To be honest there is a good bunch of things you should consider before buying anything. There is really not enough information to go by.

Back when I was researching all this a guy on some forum recommended me to read up on http://www.gamingchairsxp.com/. It eventually got me sold on my DXRacer. You can find all of the information you need to find yourself a good chair there. It's a decent sized read but if you don't want to miss out on anything you should go ahead and read up. There are a lot of good recommendations too, even for "fat ass size" as a wise man once said :D

Heard that GT Omegas are good for people with past injuries too, just as bagsta69 said. It was a military guy I think with spine and wrist injuries. Anyway DXRacers should be just as good but each of their series are for a different size of "ass" (they do that so each one fits you like a glove) so be careful not to forget to check out the recommended height and weight.

Buck Nasssty, you should just buy another cylinder, all of the higher-end gaming chairs mostly use the same Class 4 (high-quality) cylinders so you are not really winning by buying a new chair. It's not like DXRacers build their height gas-springs, just bad luck on your end.

Hope this helps!

Buck Nasssty, you should just buy another cylinder, all of the higher-end gaming chairs mostly use the same Class 4 (high-quality) cylinders so you are not really winning by buying a new chair. It's not like DXRacers build their height gas-springs, just bad luck on your end.

Honestly I got my money out of it. That is probably why the cylinder blew.  I am kinda looking for something with a little more cushion. Something built for comfort and not speed.  :)