Almost 0 upload speed

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my new Netduma router to the network and experience very big issues with it.  I have 100/100 Mbit/s connection from my ISP, but from Netduma I get good download (close to 100 via cable), but almost 0 upload speed which make Internet surfing & so on almost unusable. It's true for multiple devices connected via cables or Wi-Fi.

1. What firmware version are you on? - R1 debug version 1.03.6h running on rb-951g-2hnd 
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? - ~100 Mbit/s, 0 Mbit/s upload
  3. What is your current setup? My setup are the following: ISP switch ->Ethernet Cable->Netduma R1->other devices.
  4. What is your specific issue?  - 0 upload speed.
  5. Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried). Have checked all available guides, disabled  IPv6 everywhere, set 100/100 Mbit/s on Netduma router for Internet connection, tried to reset distribution and so on...

Please help!

My setup are the following: ISP switch ->Ethernet Cable->Netduma R1->other devices.

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my new Netduma router to the network and experience very big issues with it.  I have 100/100 Mbit/s connection from my ISP, but from Netduma I get good download (close to 100 via cable), but almost 0 upload speed which make Internet surfing & so on almost unusable. It's true for multiple devices connected via cables or Wi-Fi.

1. What firmware version are you on? - R1 debug version 1.03.6h running on rb-951g-2hnd 
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? - ~100 Mbit/s, 0 Mbit/s upload
  3. What is your current setup? My setup are the following: ISP switch ->Ethernet Cable->Netduma R1->other devices.
  4. What is your specific issue?  - 0 upload speed.
  5. Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried). Have checked all available guides, disabled  IPv6 everywhere, set 100/100 Mbit/s on Netduma router for Internet connection, tried to reset distribution and so on...

Please help!

My setup are the following: ISP switch ->Ethernet Cable->Netduma R1->other devices.

Hey, welcome to the forum. Just to clarify, have you inputted all of these settings:

- If less than 50mbps, Pre-emptive Algorithm. If more, Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc (Unless you know that you are on IPv6)
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode if over 120mbps
- Enable super turbo mode if over 300mbps
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

What device are you using to conduct your speed tests?

Hi,

Thanks everyone for responses, I figured out that my issue is a cable from ISP to Netduma, it has just 2 pairs instead of 4... I asked ISP to replace it, so hopefully tomorrow I will have a working 1Gbit connection :)

However as a feature request I'd like to have possibility to configure mode of the ports at Netduma router - like speed, duplex.

Hi,

I just replace my Internet connection and still have problems with speed.... I got 800 Mbit/s download\upload without Netduma (when I plug ISP cable directly to my PC), but when I use Netduma, I get like 500 Mbit/s download & only 1 Mbit/s upload!

Everything suggested above applied.

P.S. Test is from wired PC, all cables are fine & tested.

It's not about device I'm testing speeds... It's bad on ALL kind devices - wired PC, Wi-Fi devices (Asus 68AC adapter, Galaxy S7). On all devices I have very poor upload speed (0-2 Mbit/s) which is really noticeable even with usual web-surfing. 

At the same time, when I just plug my ISP cable to my wired PC, I have 700 Mbit/s dowload & 800 Mbit/s upload... But with Netduma everything is ruined...

• Administrators

Please try different ports on the router to rule out a non functioning port. It sounds like you have the correct settings as you're getting high download so there wouldn't be much I can do in a 1 on 1

Hi,

But the issue is same when I'm connected to Netduma's Wi-Fi... Is it possible to use another port as WAN port?

I believe the issue in in port1 (WAN port), is there any way to get access to console to check it's mode, maybe some rx\tx  stats, errors, etc?

have you tried swapping the ethernet cable that connects the ISP hub to the Netduma?

No, since it's fully functional & verified by cable tester  Fluke Linksprinter 300 (and it was actually swapped 2 days ago, I asked my ISP to replace it to have Gigabit connection). I also tried to put that cable directly to my PC & I have 700-800 Mbit/s download/upload using that way.

• Administrators

Hi,

But the issue is same when I'm connected to Netduma's Wi-Fi... Is it possible to use another port as WAN port?

I believe the issue in in port1 (WAN port), is there any way to get access to console to check it's mode, maybe some rx\tx  stats, errors, etc?

No way to access console but okay let's try a 1 on 1 post here: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Let me know dates/times next week you'd be available.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/

No way to access console but okay let's try a 1 on 1 post here: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Let me know dates/times next week you'd be available.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/

Thank you. I posted topic here:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20832-almost-0-upload-speed-for-all-devices1x1/

I'm available tomorrow on Monday almost all day - starting from 11 CET till 22. If you can't on Monday, then we can try on Wednesday, 18 CET.