Upload / download for lay person

Murdoch

I play cod aw on a ps4 using the netduma. If I throttle my upload and download speeds to 25 up and .5 down would this in theory mean I would see everything realtime and delay how they see me? I had a thought of trying to adjust my speeds to how my killcams show my lag compensation time.

• Administrators

I can only comment on using the features as they are intended. I'm not sure I believe the lag comp theory but hopefully others will respond with their ideas.

Killcams are a terrible way to judge what's really going on in the game.They are not meant to be accurate more of a feature for the gamer but not in real time.

I have tried throttling in the past and i have throttled using the duma, for me i can see or feel no discernible difference for the better infact it feels slightly worse when you go to low.

I use 70/70 because my son like's to watch gaming youtube vids when he is not gaming so it is a saftey net more than anything.

Its about what connection you have to the game... I tried to throttle the connection and found that it made it worst in some instances.. I look for many games until I find a good one, then I stay in the lobby for as long as possible. If I start lagging agin, I just look for something else. What I did is do a ping test in different parts of the usa.. I found that Virginia for me had a excellent connection (I live in boston), I put my home location there and it works for me.. Maybe next week or next month Ill do the same thing and maybe move my home location. Its all about learning the router and what it can do to help you game.

After trying many configurations now for months I've settled congestion control on 95% download and 95% upload, seems to play better this way for me and a fibre connection,

but in all honesty its so random how its play out on advanced warfare, some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.

I have also tried the throttling connection thing. With and without the R1 and over 10 games it makes no difference.

AW is a roll of the dice with some dedicated servers working better than others but trying to play this game without the R1 is pretty damned awful, I mean hosts in South Africa, Iraq (just go outside and play for real man) Brazil, Argentina etc and I am in the UK.

One thing I have noticed is that the longer you stay in a lobby the better it plays.

Last night 2 guys in my party were doing challenges so it didn't matter if we won or lost . We go destroyed for the first 3 games, people left people joined each game. fourth game onwards I was either topping the leader board or in the top 3 with party friends right up there too. Average KDR over 2 with average caps in Dom of 8. Spanking :)

• 4 weeks later...

i have found it does work for me better chance of getting a kill in a 1v1 gun fight and hit detection is improved it is a must for me when playing on dedis i struggle to go positive on aw i had a 2.4 kd on mw2 and only 1.04 on aw 

i set down to 1% and up to 8% then speedtest through the xbox and aim for 0.38 up and 0.80 down this works for me and p2p with players in usa (im uk) 100+ms pings they get destroyed 

its not a flawless method trial and error but i is like night and day for me 

Archived