Modern warfare feels like it has more Lag than Infinite Warfare?

Macabi83

On a side note, depending on your speed and service and fast path vs. Interleaved, bandwidth can directly affect your latency. Based on your line quality speed and isp congestion alone we have settings for interleave delay that are not static they are variable. Meaning your latency could range from 1ms to 20ms slower at any given time due to congestion, fec, or a change in line quality itself or combined.

If he could only correctly throttle and eliminate spikes and dips in his available bandwidth threshold it would play better. LOL face palm ....Throttle your main connection by reducing it 10%. Allocate that 10% to tour ps4 or xbone and then throttle the connection to below 3Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. I use 1696k and 296kbps as a general starting point. If you have increased your ping start over you went to low or have other issues.

If he could only correctly throttle and eliminate spikes and dips in his available bandwidth threshold it would play better. LOL face palm ....Throttle your main connection by reducing it 10%. Allocate that 10% to tour ps4 or xbone and then throttle the connection to below 3Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. I use 1696k and 296kbps as a general starting point. If you have increased your ping start over you went to low or have other issues.

Haven't been around for a while but it's worth coming back for this one post.  Throttling is against Microsoft and Sony's term's of service.  I've seen arguments about this before so got a hold of a representative who confirmed they were very heavily against network manipulation.  Getting rid of bufferbloat is one thing, but heavy throttling just makes you a cheating tool.

I am now level 40 on mw, so far I see no benefit in playing in my local and closest d.server, the matches are a crap shoot , one game ur doing great, and one match ur going 10-10, I call a serious lag comp, because its no surprise to see the losing with the similar scores, next time ur in a match notice, u will see the losing team with even scores allot of the times even if they are good players, when the game decides ur not going to do good, ur stuck imo, not much you can do. 

connection is very iffy, bufferblot settings tuned perfect, still sucks at time, sometimes u have all ur sliders to 100 and 100 and its good for example, I am having a hard time to find a sweet spot.

I think what he meant was in order to measure your expected lag comp. Some games use bandwidth vs. latency.  Not stupid at all.  But at least you got to call someones thoughts stupid again today.  Thumbs up!  

I believe you are correct on that brother.  Thank you for clearing up the air.

Haven't been around for a while but it's worth coming back for this one post.  Throttling is against Microsoft and Sony's term's of service.  I've seen arguments about this before so got a hold of a representative who confirmed they were very heavily against network manipulation.  Getting rid of bufferbloat is one thing, but heavy throttling just makes you a cheating tool.

Just so you know, I work for a fortune 500 ISP and throttling happens everyday.  If you have xDSL, FttX, cable modem or any form of internet basically that is not guaranteed bandwidth ie; any service NOT defined by SLA, service level guarantee 24/7/365, then you are throttled.  If not everytime your service loop changed for minute variables you would drop.  DSL in particular will throttle each and every custoemr to maintain a max-min and TARGET SNR.  That is a true throttle. So by your statement, every ISP is violating Sony and Microsofts terms of service.  I also happen to be in the Ambassador program with Activision and although they frown upon throttling, unless you are throttling to a point of 'lag-switching' manipulation levels there is no proven ill effect nor is it considered a violation.  Sorry but it's just not the truth. 

Archived