found somthing that will help with the lag PS4 XBOX ONE GEO FILTER API

BOLDSHOTER

So I came across a video I didn't find a topic on it here on the Netduma Forum Credit goes to @abc123 Moderator a little app on google chrome called postman too disable the built in geo filter on consoles having the netduma as a pass through too disable the geo filter on consoles not the R1 geo filter helped my games tremendously takes longer to find matches but helps the Netduma do it's thing without interference from console filters

@abc123 can correct me on this matter or remove it if he wishes it not to be on the netduma forum page  

tutorial in the you tube link

https://youtu.be/def5zXKG8lc

So the API call is the same as clicking the enable/disable checkbox on the host filtering page (at the top under the console).  The only reason the video was posted was someone was having severe issues where it appeared his geo-filtering wouldn't disable no matter whether the checkbox was checked or not.

There is no use to this API call if the checkbox works for you, it doesn't do anything special (bypassing anti-cheat or anything)...

This is only for people having huge issues or people wanting to write their own app or whatever to control the netduma.

Closing topic and marking this as the solution to stop the spread of mis-information.

all I can say is give it a try @A7Legit from what he described it turns off the built in geo filter on the consoles to from what I think that finds you the best possible lobbies on games don't know how it worked but I kill people much faster with still using the Netduma Geo filter i'm still testing it out filtering with just ping or radius distance or could just be my imagination of it not being peak hours on the BO3 dedicated servers I dunno though

I would wait for @abc123 to get online see what he says and correct me on the matter about console API if thats disabling the consoles built in geo filter that puts you in a lobby closets too your home or best connection deemed by a game like bo3

it did something weird to my connection kill people faster with the r1 geo filter off or on filter by ping or distance with the Netduma R1 geo filter toggled off I now get placed in California dedicated server before I did the changes with postman app with R1 geo filter off I was always 100% of the time put on the Dallas texas dedicated servers sense I do live like three hours away in Clovis New Mexico

found out I entered the wrong url instead of what he said to put in so I think I must of done something here is the url I put in I don't know what I disabled but my shots kill people faster got a quad feed few minutes ago combine when I re enabled it my hit detection was crap so I disabled it back on postman app

http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/geopanel.sh

Not to be picky however it would be a bit more helpful if you could use some commas (,) and periods (.) in your typing so we can understand your text. Kind of confusing to read. Just saying.

Interesting details. Will look in to this.

So I came across a video I didn't find a topic on it here on the Netduma Forum Credit goes to @abc123 Moderator a little app on google chrome called postman too disable the built in geo filter on consoles having the netduma as a pass through too disable the geo filter on consoles not the R1 geo filter helped my games tremendously takes longer to find matches but helps the Netduma do it's thing without interference from console filters

@abc123 can correct me on this matter or remove it if he wishes it not to be on the netduma forum page  

tutorial in the you tube link

https://youtu.be/def5zXKG8lc

Should be the LAN side IP address so .88.1 if that's the current router LAN side IP address...

ok, i am confused, do i type in the netduma 88.1 address or do i type in the address that my modem has given it?

The R1's Ip address should be used. Hmm. You are putting the routers IP address into the postman app?

I presume you have a modem that has built in router and you have the R1s WAN ip address in the modems DMZ?

i have also tried the wan ip from my modem 192.168.1.207 it gave my duma

I tried it with the R1 ip, in the Video he disabled 4 "id's" and after doing this the 4 Devices in Host Filter were unchecked. Then i tried it with my ps4 IP, throw the duma, but it can't send anything to the ps4. Maybe i did something wrong but it make no difference in my Bo3 experience.

Basically to get it to work (I had trouble with it at first myself tbh) all you have to do is follow his instruction down to the letter but where I got messed up at was the url I put http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/toggle_console.shwhen its supposed to be http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/toggle_consel.sh (thats my ip to get to the router btw you have to put whatever ip it is for you it should be the same if you didn't change it) but yeah im bout to play bo3 now & see if theres a major difference or something 

Archived