ipv6, BT and NETDUMA possible change due to new home hub.

Hi.

This may be a coincidence but i very much doubt it. I have been using my duma and openreach modem for a while now on their infinity 2 package but suddenly this morning when i awoke i had no internet at all although my openreach showed i had signal. I plugged in my home hub 6 and internet worked  fine with just the hub.   After i got home from work i reconnected the duma and openreach and BANG no internet. So i scratched my head and threw stuff around then my last resort before contact netduma to say my duma had died after 6 months i enabled ipv6 and BINGO everything worked fine n dandy but if i turn ipv6 off it all goes offline.

Has bt impliment ipv6 on its network and is it mandatory to have that option enabled on the hub6 or duma as ipv6 is ticked if i use the hub 6 and i got no internet without it enabled on either the duma or the hub 6.

possible, but never known not to work with ipv6 unticked....... i am getting full speeds, no jitter so is kind of strange!

It is north London where this data centres are based but Bt traffic gets routed to London.

We have been getting calls at work all yesterday and today about their BT connections and I am North England based @ a Pc repair centre.

I have been telling them to router reboot so they jump pipe to a different data centre to success.

ok cool thanks, i will try rebooting the openreach and leave the duma alone.....thanks for the info, greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:      no, after about 40 restarts and factory resets of my duma and openreach modem and even the hub 6 i cannot access anything without ipv6 enabled.......but i did stumble across this as BT are rolling it out across their entire network by dec 2016.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/09/uk-isp-bt-to-deploy-ipv6-to-entire-network-by-december-2016.html

wow, i did check and i dont have ipv6 running!........so why is it that on my duma all of a sudden i cannot get internet access unless i am using it with ipv6 enabled?  smh!!!!! :(

no, my speeds are as they should be, just was strange that 1 day all was fine and the morning after the duma wouldnt work unless ipv6 was enabled in all the settings.

Just to add to this, whilst diagnosing other issues my end I found that turning off IPv6 on my netduma cut off my internet too.

I'm also on BT Infinity 2.

Thanks for letting us know konvict.

UPDATE.........I went out and purchased the ASUS DSL_AC68U 1900 modem/router yesterday as my gaming experience was apauling. I now have my duma configured and connected to it and the issue has vanished. not only has it vanished but i now get faster speeds, lot lower pins and a bufferbloat 0 1 -2ms with an A+ rating.....happy days!

I do not like to spout it out on the forum as a lot of you guys have home hubs and I do not want to start a riot but boy do we have issue's with them for customers, congrats :)

UPDATE.........I went out and purchased the ASUS DSL_AC68U 1900 modem/router yesterday as my gaming experience was apauling. I now have my duma configured and connected to it and the issue has vanished. not only has it vanished but i now get faster speeds, lot lower pins and a bufferbloat 0 1 -2ms with an A+ rating.....happy days!

Hey Big Dog I have a BT HH5 and an ASUS which I don't use at the moment. Can you connect it straight from the DSL line from the wall and how are you connected up?

Archived