I can't find any games on FIFA

Hi, I'm having trouble finding games on FIFA, I have no problems finding games on call of duty but on FIFA I just can't find anybody. I also tried to change the profile to the FIFA profile and that didn't help either. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this. 

We probably can, but you haven't given us much to go on.   :huh:

Console?  Geo on or off?  What is the range of the Geo?  What part of the world are you searching for games?

Here's the Wal*Mart answer - Expand your Geo filter to the widest possible net (the world) to get "a single game" - then slowly narrow the Geo smaller to a range where you can get games, but you aren't connecting half a world away.

• Netduma Staff

Hey there, welcome to the forum! Fifa has known server issues, which makes it difficult for us to give support on it; some people have had luck with the solutions listed here: http://ultimatefifa.com/2016/cant-game-fut-fifa-16-try-xbox-fix/

In terms of Netduma settings, if expanding or turning of the geofilter isn't helping, it isn't down to the servers being blocked. Let us know if the guide I sent you works out :)

We probably can, but you haven't given us much to go on.   :huh:

Console?  Geo on or off?  What is the range of the Geo?  What part of the world are you searching for games?

Here's the Wal*Mart answer - Expand your Geo filter to the widest possible net (the world) to get "a single game" - then slowly narrow the Geo smaller to a range where you can get games, but you aren't connecting half a world away.

I play on the xbox one, geo filter is on, I'm searching on the eastern canada side. Expanding my geo filter does nothing. Still can't find games. 

What happens if you turn the Geo Filter off?

I still can't find any games. 

Hey there, welcome to the forum! Fifa has known server issues, which makes it difficult for us to give support on it; some people have had luck with the solutions listed here: http://ultimatefifa.com/2016/cant-game-fut-fifa-16-try-xbox-fix/

In terms of Netduma settings, if expanding or turning of the geofilter isn't helping, it isn't down to the servers being blocked. Let us know if the guide I sent you works out :)

I'll try all of that right now. It's odd though because if I use my other router I can find games easily, just not with the netduma router. 

So I just tried all of what was said in that post and still no luck. 

i play a lot fifa and i recommend to work with ping assist only and your geo distance to the smallest, strict off, for me i have ping assist at 70, but you can do lower than that

when you expand the geo filter, to increase your search radius, you need to give it about two minutes before the changes take effect because of the anti-cheat feature I think

• 2 weeks later...

Very strange that when it's disabled you still can't find a game as it just acts like a normal router then. Is the R1 in the DMZ of your ISP hub?

I'm not sure what that means. How would I be able to check that. Also, I only started having this problem for fifa once I updated my router to the 1.03.6g, so could that be it as well? 

Very strange that when it's disabled you still can't find a game as it just acts like a normal router then. Is the R1 in the DMZ of your ISP hub?

I'm also able to find games for prop clubs on FIFA, just not for any head to head play with anyone. 

This seems to be a common issue Fraser with Fifa don't you think? I'm in the same position, not been able to get a game of FIfa with the Duma but just switched to my Standard BT Hub 5 and got a game straight away?

BT Hub is set up with DMZ and the broadband is switched off, I'm literally using it as a modem and running every device in my house through the Duma. All other games work fine but as soon as I try for a game of Fifa that all changes? Tried making my own profile, using standard settings as well as the default Fifa profile. Each time I have switched profiles I've given the Duma 5 minutes until trying for a game to make sure all settings have taken place.

EA supports advise was to 1) clear the alternate mac and restart the consloe 2) power off Xbox, disconnect the power supply for 5 mins an reboot with both options clearing the cache. This seemed to work for me at one point but now neither options work?

I have today taken my Duma round to a friends house who was playing Fifa with his supplier being Sky. Connected the Duma and same problem, couldn't get a game. Disconnected Duma got a game straight away.

I'm at a loss with this?

hi guys  i have ps4 and xb1 aswell and ive had no problem with the ps4 and the xb1. i think it got to be something to do with the settings that you guys have it on.

Hi m8

I have left settings as standard, used the default Duma Fifa profile as well as my own profile and none worked? Swap the Duma for my BT Hub 5 and get a game instantly.

Last night I unplugged the Xbox from the main power supply, Today (roughly 12 hrs later) with the Duma running on a standard config I rebooted the Xbox and got a game instantly?

I just can't figure out what the issue is, its hit and miss every time I boot Fifa up, no other game has any issues.

• Administrators

If the Geo-filter is off it literally acts as a normal router. Can you post screenshots from here http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-and I'll see if there is anything that would adversely effect it. 

Have you also port forwarded all the ports Fifa needs?

• 2 months later...

Yeah so I'm still having problems with the match making for fifa. I really want to use this router because I've been coming across to many people with lag. Something odd happened to me. There was a day I plugged my netduma in and on my network settings on console, I was on moderate. Oddly enough, I was actually able to find matches for fifa. However, I had to hard reset my console to have an open nat because my other games weren't working. Once I did that, the fifa match making no longer worked again. This is just a very odd issue. It's happened ever since I've updated the software to 1.03.6g. I never had a problem with fifa before that update. I really just want to fix this issue, let me know what you need. 

Archived