Anyone receive a temp ban in Destiny using a netduma?

So I logged on after a horrendous connection weekend in trials to find out that I received a temporary 1 week crucible ban and two week Trials ban today after reset. Researching the ban, bungie has a typical lackluster do nothing policy in not allowing any users to challenge or dispute the ban. Simply pathetic in my opinion, all I can think is that this is due to an absolute error, or that I was using a duma.

Anyone have experience with this similar situation?

Thanks,

-Heavy

It wouldn't make sense that they would ban you for using a router. Not sure they would even be able to tell it's a Netduma in the first place. And no reason to ban you because you were.

It wouldn't make sense that they would ban you for using a router. Not sure they would even be able to tell it's a Netduma in the first place. And no reason to ban you because you were.

The message I received reads as follows: "This account has a consistently unstable internet connection which is negatively affecting other players. The account has been restricted from the Crucible for 1 week. For more information see bungie.net/en/restrictions."

This is on a connection of 110mb down and 5mb up mind you.

The message I received reads as follows: "This account has a consistently unstable internet connection which is negatively affecting other players. The account has been restricted from the Crucible for 1 week. For more information see bungie.net/en/restrictions."

This is on a connection of 110mb down and 5mb up mind you.

Alot of people try to cheat the system by throttling.  If you were doing something like that, Destiny could tell and ban you.  Wish the guys that throttled got banned off CoD as well - they'd deserve it.  

If you're running your full speeds though, make sure you have it in reactive.  Even lowering congestion to 70/70 shouldn't hurt.   The only reason you should be affecting anyone's game experience is if your speeds are too low.    If you haven't done it yourself, check speedtest and see what your speed's are when your connection drops (again, assuming it is somehow as that's the only thing they would ban for).   My ISP had alot of trouble a few months back and i'd drop from 150 down to 4 down.  Took many calls to get them to fix that.  Perhaps you're having a similar issue.  Or even a ton of jitter.  Running pingplotter would give you those results.

Alot of people try to cheat the system by throttling.  If you were doing something like that, Destiny could tell and ban you.  Wish the guys that throttled got banned off CoD as well - they'd deserve it.  

If you're running your full speeds though, make sure you have it in reactive.  Even lowering congestion to 70/70 shouldn't hurt.   The only reason you should be affecting anyone's game experience is if your speeds are too low.    If you haven't done it yourself, check speedtest and see what your speed's are when your connection drops (again, assuming it is somehow as that's the only thing they would ban for).   My ISP had alot of trouble a few months back and i'd drop from 150 down to 4 down.  Took many calls to get them to fix that.  Perhaps you're having a similar issue.  Or even a ton of jitter.  Running pingplotter would give you those results.

Ill have to check if I had reactive checked. However, I set my congestion 80/20 in favor of my ps4.... still very interesting that I was banned... Im at a loss. 

Ill have to check if I had reactive checked. However, I set my congestion 80/20 in favor of my ps4.... still very interesting that I was banned... Im at a loss. 

Don't get that one either.  At 80/20 you should have good speeds.  Pre-emptive could make a difference, so def make sure to check on reactive.  Have you noticed yourself red barring?  Again it could be something with your line that you may not even be aware of.  Pingplotter and speedtest should help you to see if you're losing anything at all.

Don't get that one either.  At 80/20 you should have good speeds.  Pre-emptive could make a difference, so def make sure to check on reactive.  Have you noticed yourself red barring?  Again it could be something with your line that you may not even be aware of.  Pingplotter and speedtest should help you to see if you're losing anything at all.

I use speedtest often, over the weekend I was getting 110 and 5 up consistently. Currently, I'm getting 50 + and 4 up. Plenty of speed to accommodate basic requirements of destiny. I call total bs on bungie for this temp ban. Very frustrating considering its the only game I play. 

• Administrators

No one has been banned using the duma with Destiny. The issue was probably your ping was fluctuating greatly. Your speeds don't really matter in regards to gaming - it uses very little.

You were banned for one of the following:

1. Lag switching - poor ping jitter

this simply could be as harmless as you having a bad ping jitter and it is jumping all over the place this makes it look like you are lag switching

2. DDoSing your opponents

You are violating laws and Terms of Use, stop doing that

Has nothing to do with the router i use it for destiny pvp all the time and never had or heard of a ban. You sure it wasn't just Internet issues you must of been on a red bar to get banned, maybe reported for bad connection. Odd tho as you no when your a red bar as your invincible.

The simplest answer is often the best - someone, or more likely multiple people, reported you in-game for a bad connection. Might have been malicious and completely unjustified, or you're red-barring fairly regularly. Check your connection in-game and muck around with Geo-filter to see if you can get better lobbies.

Red-barring in Destiny can happen if you party up with someone who has a poor connection, which ends up red-barring the rest of the fireteam. I'm in Brisbane, Australia and a mate I play with regularly is in Canberra (about 1000 km away). Our pings to each other are 25ms and rock-solid. If I set my geo-filter to a distance of about 1000km and 50ms ping, both we and the rest of the lobby benefit greatly from my Netduma.

But when a friend from Mexico joins our fireteam, his ping is 200+ms to Australia and he ends up red-barring both of us, if not the entire lobby. Boot him from the party, we're back on green bars. My point is, choose your friends wisely and kick them if their ping sucks because they're going to adversely affect your's in Destiny. That might be why you copped a Destiny ban, if you can't come up with any other reason.

1) You'd have to be more than your average network sleuth to determine IF someone was using a Duma.

2) I kind of doubt Bungie is specifically employing people to randomly pick people from the game and do this kind of testing.

The simplest answer, as stated above, is probably more than likely.  If you were wrecking people, you got reported by salty gamers to the point of an automated system issuing the ban and it was probably not really reviewed by any human.

I suspect we are all experienced enough to know if we are skipping around the map and can't get a kill, versus skipping around the map all but completely invincible.

It's possible there is a connection issue outside of your home, but you would more than likely be able to tell as your game play would also suffer.

I have been in lobbies (on CoD, so take this with a grain of salt) where a player will openly complain about another player's connection in the lobby and try to get people to join them in filing a complaint on the person.  If you ran into a group of bitch-made sheep, you may have got 3 or 4 votes from a lobby like that and it may be a "number of filings in a given time frame" that triggered the "ban".

That sucks man - I am sorry to hear that.  Want to play some Double XP sweatfest CoD?  :blink:  :ph34r:

Archived