netduma interface is slow AGAIN

So i upgraded my firmware and it worked for a hour and then it got slow. I kept the settings when i updatet, so i think it has something to do with this. Fraser could you look into that? And does anyone know what i can try except a factory reset?

• Netduma Staff

So i upgraded my firmware and it worked for a hour and then it got slow. I kept the settings when i updatet, so i think it has something to do with this. Fraser could you look into that? And does anyone know what i can try except a factory reset?

Can you try accessing it with a different device and see if it as slow?

I would disconnect the duma from everything, including how you connect to the internet, now its just a box with power, now using your pc/laptop access the duma and test for slowness now.

I would disconnect the duma from everything, including how you connect to the internet, now its just a box with power, now using your pc/laptop access the duma and test for slowness now.

Smart thinking.

Have you tried this yet Victor?

What i have also noticed is that some devices have problems connecting to wifi. My mom always shouts at me what i have done to the internet again haha

tried it but made no difference :(

The only thing i would try if i was in your position, and just because you have said the gui can be fine for about 30 minutes, i would do a factory reset change no settings and just like before disconnect everything and check for slowness every hour or so. If there are still issues after that then i would try and get a replacement.

The only thing i would try if i was in your position, and just because you have said the gui can be fine for about 30 minutes, i would do a factory reset change no settings and just like before disconnect everything and check for slowness every hour or so. If there are still issues after that then i would try and get a replacement.

i have done factory reset i think 4 times because of this problem and after that it worked perfectly, but after some time it gone slow again. it think after like 2 month. so factory would defenately help, but at this time i wanted to look more into this problem, cause it happened now a few times to me.

How often do you reboot? I think it may be the case that it needs to be rebooted every so often. Do the factory reset and try a reboot once a week from misc settings.

i rebooted like once a week. i made a factory reset and its normal again

I've seen this behavior a time or two, but not recently. 

I've redone how my devices connect to the network recently so something in what I did has inherently fixed the issue.  In my case the slowness was always limited to one specific PC that was directly wired into the R1.  Accessing the GUI from my Macbook (wirelessly) was always very fast.  Also, access to the GUI from that same PC but via wifi connection instead of wired also worked fine. In situations where I experienced slowness in the GUI, it didn't matter what browser I was using (FF or Chrome) - it was slow either way. 

Not saying the below items will help for certain, but may be worth checking into...

1. Have you used the Network monitor feature on the R1 to see if there are other devices in your network that may be flooding the R1 (perhaps mis-configured) thus causing issues ?
  2. You indicated that things work fine for a short while and then go bad.  To try and isolate the issue being that of the R1 vs. something else in your network, could you temporarily change your SSID so that only a controlled few devices (perhaps your PC and game console) are all that are able to connect to it and see if that changes anything ?
  3. In the Network Connections page (Control Panel -> Networ and Internet -> Network Connections), does the issue resolve itself if you disable and then re-enable the interface via which you are connecting to the R1 ?

Let us know if doing any of the above makes any difference - at least it'll help us isolate the issue further...

I've seen this behavior a time or two, but not recently. 

I've redone how my devices connect to the network recently so something in what I did has inherently fixed the issue.  In my case the slowness was always limited to one specific PC that was directly wired into the R1.  Accessing the GUI from my Macbook (wirelessly) was always very fast.  Also, access the GUI from that same PC but via wifi connection instead of wired also worked fine. In situations where I experienced slowness in the GUI, it didn't matter what browser I was using (FF or Chrome) - it was slow either way. 

Not saying the below items will help for certain, but may be worth checking into...

1. Have you used the Network monitor feature on the R1 to see if there are other devices in your network that may be flooding the R1 (perhaps mis-configured) thus causing issues ?
  2. You indicated that things work fine for a short while and then go bad.  To try and isolate the issue being that of the R1 vs. something else in your network, could you temporarily change your SSID so that only a controlled few devices (perhaps your PC and game console) are all that are able to connect to it and see if that changes anything ?
  3. In the Network Connections page (Control Panel -> Networ and Internet -> Network Connections), does the issue resolve itself if you disable and then re-enable the interface via which you are connecting to the R1 ?

Let us know if doing any of the above makes any difference - at least it'll help us isolate the issue further...

thank you very mucg, i've done a factory reset and now everything is working normally again but from my experience it will happen again and then i will come back to you

Archived