Issues with fifa 16

Hi please can someone tell me correct way to set up for lag free games I search and ping is always high theres been once at 10ms but when I reset router it dosent register in UK.im using vmsh2 modem mode cat 6 eth 106 dl 6.5 ul I really don't know what im doing wrong iv followed as much as I can and still getting battred 4-0 3-0 2-1 by teams lower rated than me.i say I played and was connected to a 6ms ms that day I was promoted to division 6 for the 1St time ever.i was over the moon I thought wow this routers the best router ever but then I turn off my xbox and on the next day an now can only find hosts pinging at 40-400-700 ms ping ang iv lost every game since please help ha

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would first find out what your speed test ping usually is. Are all devices connected to the R1? Are you using congestion control correctly?

As above I would use the FIFA profile when you search for games as this will set up your settings for FIFA.

My ping varies depending on host and im using the r1 analyser but I cannot beat a team unless I play on a 10ms host which is rare yes only 2 devices connected to rl via cat6 ethernets vmsh2 modem mode Nat open however iv input the like for like settings to r1 connected devices only my phone & xb1 however I stil lag in games etc lose-lost many games my r1 dosent seem to be set up properly which on that note yes iv tried another profile new email gamertag played 2 lost 2 I really dont know which corner to turn next but to buy a ps4

My speedtests are excellent 0%packet loss etc ea say eu trace is fine no errors or issues also same with virgin media thing that I feel is its a latency issue as its always changing due to the inncorrect location the r1 registers me at there fore I have to change to the UK

• Administrators

You will be very lucky to find a 10ms host every time, considering it is a P2P game so you are at the whim of the other persons connection. If it's a bad one you can block them so you don't play them again. 

40ms is still decent and shouldn't have much discernible lag.

To keep your location in the same place tick cookies in miscellaneous settings. Then place your home in the location you want. It won't affect your latency where the home is unless it's getting hosts further away from you. 

If you're having lag issues I'd recommend keeping your radius smaller.

Yes same issues I had about 10-30 good games my location still registering me as living in another country.i then change to UK and lose all my games players dont pass lower rated teams are smashing me while im leading 4-1 to lose 7-4 is seriously taking the p##s out of me haha I feel its either to do with location or ip conflict between my xb1 r1 sh2 as my xbox reads a total different ip until I change it to manual which makes no difference

Fraser I know everything iv done so far is correct the duma is performing fine however I read about the fifa gamechanger with guest - main profil going to set r1 as I had with winning streak and il let you know.however is it wise for me to change xb1 ip to manual and also set it in the dhcp on r1

• Administrators

Yep this router is shit for Fifa

What are the average pings you're getting?

Please someone help me to get the settings right

If you're using the FIFA profile, 70/70 anti-flood, console in hyper traffic, only getting hosts within your radius and you're getting a good steady ping then duma is working as it should. 

You can post screenshots from here and that will help us diagnose further http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructions

Pings are normally good between 22-45 ms yes using fifa profile only xb1 and Sony z5 connected to duma however it seems to just not like my xb1 even cod is atrocious iv done every instructions like for like and seem to be getting nowhere im using vm maybe thats the issue as everyone that beats me seems to be on sky or bt..or it just is ea scamming people because belive me iv tried Everything

I cant honestly figure what im doing wrong please can admin log into my router and do the settings for me because iv followed all directions and I just cannot play fifa without lag or losing to lower rated teams passing is none existing I score then lose happening every game

I cant honestly figure what im doing wrong please can admin log into my router and do the settings for me because iv followed all directions and I just cannot play fifa without lag or losing to lower rated teams passing is none existing I score then lose happening every game

There's no God mode in the router's firmware - You could be beaten in every single game for the rest of your life and the router could still be working perfectly.

Have you checked that your internet line is smooth and stable? (as in your supply of internet from your ISP).

Have you run the 'Internet Diagnostics' from the Netduma? What do they say?

Can you please run a test on pingtest.net + dslreports.com and show us the results?

• Administrators

Pings are normally good between 22-45 ms yes using fifa profile only xb1 and Sony z5 connected to duma however it seems to just not like my xb1 even cod is atrocious iv done every instructions like for like and seem to be getting nowhere im using vm maybe thats the issue as everyone that beats me seems to be on sky or bt..or it just is ea scamming people because belive me iv tried Everything

Are you using a CoD profile when playing that game? 

As I say it seems like you're getting good pings. You can post screenshots from here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructionsas well as following Colonics advice then we can help further.

Yep this router is shit for Fifa

what do you mean shit for fifa!?

i only play fifa and my ping with Microsoft never goes under 260ms and my ping in ultimate team never goes under 198ms, not in fifa only... any game from EA like Titanfall and BF and Star Wars etc...

this is not the router problem, first you have to check your internet connection (ISP) route... open CMD if you are in Windows system and write: ping easo.ea.com

also tracert easo.ea.com server and check if your internet provider is good for gaming or not!

i play fifa since 2007 and i am from Kuwait the ping from Kuwait to EA server is 198ms to 220ms and this is normal because EA server really far. 

so since i used R1 i can destroy any player in fifa my history is 1832-63-458 (Win/Draw/Lose). Do you know why??? Because since i used R1 the ping is always low like max is 50ms and low is 7ms,,,, because i played users from my country and some of them from the same ISP.

i don't know if you good in fifa or not but please do not blame R1! check your internet provider and keep practice in fifa :), And! maybe you have bad luck and you played with professional's players, go ask for help i forums,, ask R1 team in twitter! they will send you back in minutes and some times in the same time but you didn't ask for help and now you are saying R1 is shit!? no buddy nothing is shit if you ask how to deal with it.

sorry about that i just want you to know my life in gaming online totally changed since i got R1 and not in fifa only,, now i can play any game and streaming in twitch too :)

Archived