Issues with fifa 16

what do you mean shit for fifa!?

i only play fifa and my ping with Microsoft never goes under 260ms and my ping in ultimate team never goes under 198ms, not in fifa only... any game from EA like Titanfall and BF and Star Wars etc...

this is not the router problem, first you have to check your internet connection (ISP) route... open CMD if you are in Windows system and write: ping easo.ea.com

also tracert easo.ea.com server and check if your internet provider is good for gaming or not!

i play fifa since 2007 and i am from Kuwait the ping from Kuwait to EA server is 198ms to 220ms and this is normal because EA server really far. 

so since i used R1 i can destroy any player in fifa my history is 1832-63-458 (Win/Draw/Lose). Do you know why??? Because since i used R1 the ping is always low like max is 50ms and low is 7ms,,,, because i played users from my country and some of them from the same ISP.

i don't know if you good in fifa or not but please do not blame R1! check your internet provider and keep practice in fifa :), And! maybe you have bad luck and you played with professional's players, go ask for help i forums,, ask R1 team in twitter! they will send you back in minutes and some times in the same time but you didn't ask for help and now you are saying R1 is shit!? no buddy nothing is shit if you ask how to deal with it.

sorry about that i just want you to know my life in gaming online totally changed since i got R1 and not in fifa only,, now i can play any game and streaming in twitch too :)

Well said :)

No the router is amazing as my ping is and no packet loss oprn nat 106 downdload 6.5 upload I am a good player yes and also as iv said the issue serms to be the way my ip is set up maybe if benefit from creating a vpn who knows but right now im losing everygame I play getting dhot by the cheesiest camoers and dont know if the settings are right as there preset profiles and it just seems to not be working as it should iv experienced excellent games only using this router however I feel the moment I turn off the xbox then back on again is where my problem is.

I have great ping and latency this is with the vmsh2 in modem mode fifa profile loaded hypertraffic xb1 only and only xb1 z5 compact connected to the r1.and I am experiencing reduced download speeds to the xb1 also I seem to only benefit from playing some games away whereas im not hosting.what would the recommendations be for the matchmaking option in fifa settings and believe be im a good player with 4-5 different squads and currently sitting at 588 losses with 328 wins my highest division out of 89 seasons is 6.im not bad or the best but I were lookung at a friends profile whod screenshots of getting to division 1 in less than 350 total games im 28 been playing fifa since 1997-8 im not at all a atrocious player however anything I do seemd to always be turned around on me and I end up with the defeat/loss due to something not been right im not complaining or dissing this router its the best thing iv ever used in gaming and see some slight differences im simply looking for a way around this abizmal experiences.as iv had 2 years of having engineers to my property trace route done at both absolutely gleaming so virgin media iv been in contact with e.a about this even they have confirmed theres no serever errors/connection iv also spoken with Microsoft I have been down every possible route to asitain what on earth is happening here and find solutions to this quite obvious problem.

My suspicion falls (as usual) on Virgin media.

If you check their forums there are loads of people complaining about trying to play CoD and Fifa and struggling with lag.

They've told me for years that my connection is tip-top but I knew it wasn't. They just pushed me onto the next package up (150/10 or thereabouts) and it's now got so bad that I've had to change isp (next week anyway).

I overheard two lads in a shop in the village yesterday chatting about how they were struggling with PC gaming on Virgin media and how their connection had gone double-tits-up a few weeks back (exactly the same for me), just before the package upgrade was rolling out.

I've been with them for years (no other choice where I live until recently) and I'm not saying it's definitely a Virgin problem but I would happily place a chunky bet on it.

The Netduma diagnostics, ping test, speed test, dsl reports, etc, all give you a quick snapshot of information about your connection (and I think they all flatter the Virgin connection too), to really have a proper look at your connection you should do the following...

Download software called Ping Plotter.

Ethernet your computer straight to your Superhub (in modem mode) - make sure you can connect to the internet from this computer before you start obviously, you might need to turn your Superhub off for a few minutes first.

Run PingPlotter for a few hours at PEAK time (6pm-10pm for example).

Ping to the BBC website or something big like Google DNS 8.8.8.8 (although this has been looking a bit wobbly for some people lately).

Set the 'trace interval' to 1 second, set the 'focus time' to 'All' (along the top).

Right click the graph (bottom half) and select the time scale that shows as much data as you can display (if you've recorded hours then set it to hours).

Once you've got the data then post a screenshot up here so we can have a look.

If you go to 'file > export sample set' when you've finished then you can reload it back into PingPlotter later and change the graphs and other parameters, which is useful.

I'm using a Mac but I assume the same options are available on PC.

*Modem mode will obviously stop anyone getting online while you are doing this, that's the point in this instance.

Don't use the internet on your connected computer while this is running, we want to remove all variables and concentrate 100% on the line itself.

If your connection looks solid then we can look elsewhere for problems but if your connection is like mine then no amount of fannying about with other things will fix it.

A bum line is a bum line.

Im with you I completely agree.exactly what there trying to do with me from 100 to 150 I think virgin media are the true fault I move soon so definitely am changing to bt downside to that is the download speeds however they provide a 20 mbps upload at 75 download which I think its why im having such poor games as virgin media are only providing a 6.5 upload with my 100 download iv experienced nothing but dramas since becoming a vm customer countless routers at two different addresses I also changed console from the basic to elite thinking it would solve everything but no massive negative not a difference so il most definitely be giving bt a try

6.5 mb is more than enough for gaming but as others said it's probably Virgin bumming you with extreme jitter and traffic at peak times,run ping plotter and post results and it will for sure tell you what's going on with your line

6.5 mb is more than enough for gaming but as others said it's probably Virgin bumming you with extreme jitter and traffic at peak times,run ping plotter and post results and it will for sure tell you what's going on with your line

Benormous is completely right, you don't need much bandwidth at all for online gaming. More bandwidth doesn't equal better games, nor does it mean less lag, nor better match-matchmaking. It's all about the connection quality of the line.

It may not be Virgin Media, I'd bet it is, but you should test the line first because you'll be seriously pissed off it you changed isp and it made no difference.

The new line I'm taking will reduce my bandwidth from Virgins 158/10 (average) to TalkTalks 25/5 or so but for me that's plenty and a hopefully stable connection should make a massive difference to the enjoyment to be had.

I tested next door's connection before I decided to switch, the difference in line stability was amazing.

I believe virgin media ran these tests and all are fine at on/off peak times I have some results here but im having difficulties uploading pics to the forum.im stil experienceing lag in the games also even though the settings are exact and set only for fifa I now have also tried the new profile malarkey didn't work iv tried potentially everything and am out of solutions

I have some results here but im having difficulties uploading pics to the forum

Press the more reply options button bottom right.

Click browse and select the file, press attach this file.

Archived