Black Ops 3 High Ping Spikes

Hey

i have been experiencing high ping when playing black ops 3 PS4 would be in the game and the game ping is at 16/17/33/34 rare it hits 50 every now and a again it will jump up to 110/151/163 but on the duma i am getting 20/30 ping have called my ISP just to check if everything is ok at there end just in case and they said looks all good from there end. my ISP is virgin media and i get 200 mpbs up and 12 mpbs down am using the duma as my router and have virgin media superhub 2 in modem mode and they are connected using the ethernet cable that i got with my duma also have my console wired and my family has all there stuff wireless e.g phone laptops tablets range extenders and so on i have my CC at 70D/70U distance is at 740.00 and ping assist at 50 as you can see in the screenshots any help you can give will be much appreciated

post-2368-0-02515800-1461019213_thumb.png

post-2368-0-71660900-1461019213_thumb.png

Hey

i have been experiencing high ping when playing black ops 3 PS4 would be in the game and the game ping is at 16/17/33/34 rare it hits 50 every now and a again it will jump up to 110/151/163 but on the duma i am getting 20/30 ping have called my ISP just to check if everything is ok at there end just in case and they said looks all good from there end. my ISP is virgin media and i get 200 mpbs up and 12 mpbs down am using the duma as my router and have virgin media superhub 2 in modem mode and they are connected using the ethernet cable that i got with my duma also have my console wired and my family has all there stuff wireless e.g phone laptops tablets range extenders and so on i have my CC at 70D/70U distance is at 740.00 and ping assist at 50 as you can see in the screenshots any help you can give will be much appreciated

Try this - https://gyazo.com/fb2abfc1253bbc3e1c2ee468c2f7dd4aThis is what I use for ps4. Make sure your Ping assist is 0 and Strict Mode is enabled.

Virgin media cable usually suffer from congestion on a night time so please run the tests after 8pm to rule that in or out.

For a more in depth look at the latency use pingplotter pro free for 30 days then it will revert to free.

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type 8.8.8.8 in to target and press go.

Another good target to ping is bbc.co.uk

That was taken at half past 10 so many have gone to bed so a bit late the test as you are doing this to prove ISP congestion when users are watching Netflix etc in your area.

Even then it is showing massive packet loss on hop 5 the last Virgin router in virgins routing.

37.5% packet loss on 212.250.25.62 and 15ms jitter that is un-gamable i am afraid.

If you take more evidence tonight at around 830 that would show it at its worst with more than likely higher jitter.

Zennon and Fraser will correct if I'm wrong (they know stuff whereas I just read their stuff and then pretend I know stuff).

But I don't think there's anything you can do yourself except to give Virgin a bell and tell them that you're having problems - the ping plotter stuff is your evidence.

Whether Virgin will do anything to help probably depends on whether they can and how much it will cost them though - I don't know if those images show congestion based problems or an issue that an engineer will be resolving under the tarmac somewhere in the future.

I suffered a few Virgin problems over the years and I've got sod all out of them except for a few £s here and there and their insistence that "Everything is fine".

So I'm moving to BT Infinity.

Virgin media are known for being a bad isp for gaming not sure if getting in touch with them and giving them proof will do anything,all i would suggest is getting out of contract with them providing you arnt tied in of course and going with adsl or fttc as long and you can get that in ur area im with sky and have a very flat 12 ping with little to no jitter,maybe someone here with Virgin media will be able to shed some light for you

It is showing a peak of 21ms jitter, and some packet loss which maybe the cause or a router using a different CPU path for TTL=0 packets than it does for routing data through on those two hop's.

Virgin is known for jittery broadband.

Just want to say thanks for all your help and reply's you all have been very helpful and have decided to try out a new ISP one that will give me smoother connection hopefully lol

Just want to say thanks for all your help and reply's you all have been very helpful and have decided to try out a new ISP one that will give me smoother connection hopefully lol

Good Luck With your new ISP :)

Hi, im also with virgin what am I looking at on the graph for the jitter numbers?

Make your own thread and we can take a look.

Archived