SBMM possibly the problem?

Monzo

Look, there's no need to be negative. I'm only here to look for help or to see if other people are having the same problem. Again, no need to be negative. This is a happy forum, not a bash others opinions kind of forum. Thank you.

I understand that, but when people start making false assumptions and passing it as facts to others only spreads ignorance and stupidity. I am trying to prevent that by stating the facts. If there is SBMM in the game, then why hasn't anyone given any details or links to prove it. The only thing people are doing here is speculation and creating false facts without proof.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bro.... David V already said he put it back in... that's enough proof

http://charlieintel.com/2015/12/20/david-vonderhaar-says-connection-is-the-priority-in-matchmaking/

Read the article thoroughly. this is in David V own words

By all means please post a link to anything Mr. V has stated that SBMM was put back in the game. FYI I already did this work for you if you want to save your time.

no he didn't. making things up like this just makes you look bad.

i'm not looking but feel free it will be around Xmas time on twitter use  402 YouTube video about them adding SBMM for a date reference

i'm not looking but feel free it will be around Xmas time on twitter use  402 YouTube video about them adding SBMM for a date reference

Its hilarious that I can provide specific details about proof, yet you yourself are unable to. I did a search on 402 YouTube and there is no video proving the introduction of SBMM into BO3 around Xmas or any time for that matter.

Are you talking about this video?

A video about a ranting and raving cod player(the first in history) talking about SBMM thinking its the same as MM.

MM and SBMM are not the same. MM in BO3 is purely based solely on connection.

Its hilarious that I can provide specific details about proof, yet you yourself are unable to. I did a search on 402 YouTube and there is no video proving the introduction of SBMM into BO3 around Xmas or any time for that matter.

Are you talking about this video?

A video about a ranting and raving cod player(the first in history) talking about SBMM thinking its the same as MM.

MM and SBMM are not the same. MM in BO3 is purely based solely on connection.

might be, i think there were two!! similar timing though. now if you look at David V time line around that period he talks about taking it out.  one of the videos i believe even shows the tweet. 

and i wouldn't really say 402 rants

Oh I believe you guys about the matchmaking hotfix that was pushed here http://charlieintel.com/2015/12/20/david-vonderhaar-says-connection-is-the-priority-in-matchmaking/and where David mentions about unintended consequences (which felt eerily similar to SBMM for many of us).  Many BO3 Twitch streamers were also noticing that the players seemed to all be above average (you can tell they were getting frustrated and had to play harder) and matchmaking took longer and often placed you back in the same lobby of well above average players.  This was just a small hotfix as well, so it's not like it was gigabytes worth of a patch that lessened the player pool dramatically.  My brother and I did testing for about 15 minutes checking out the lobbies in our main high spm/kd accounts versus new accounts and the lobby leaderboard had many random 2kd - 4kd players with high spm, the keyword being random... come to think of it I don't remember seeing another 4kd player in my lobby since then, and not with other 2 and 3kd random players all in one lobby.  Another thing to point out was that there were no negative ratio players.  Usually you will have one to two negative kd players on each team.  This spanned across multiple lobbies on both of our accounts to where it felt more than a coincidence at this point.  My brother turned to Reddit and asked if any other players were seeing the same thing, and there were many replies basically saying that the competition did seem way better than usual but everyone was skeptical because Vonderhaar mentioned that SBMM wouldn't return in this game.  I don't think the hotfix was pushed onto the XBOX One at the time either, so only PS4 players were feeling the affects of it iirc.  Shortly after, other people started posting on Reddit about it.  You can look on Reddit and you will see nothing but one post about SBMM in the BO3 subreddit months after it's release, but all of the sudden you have an influx of posters experiencing what felt like SBMM.  With all that said, it was back to normal after David Vonderhaar reversed the hotfix a day later.  Whatever it was and despite David Vonderhaar flat out denying SBMM, the whole "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck" comes to mind.

Anyway, I don't want to blow off SBMM out right (there can always be a slight tweaks made), but I think what a lot of you people should also take into effect if you have the DLC is that your player population dwindles dramatically and the players who buy the DLC are likely older players who will probably take the game more seriously.  From my experience there is not SBMM in this game currently, but I do believe the affects of it was inadvertently turned on briefly at one point which I talked about in the last paragraph.

there's no sbmm at all,it's just ill conceived internet jibber jabber.

there's lobby balancing and that's it. FACT.

if there was sbmm i'd be getting matched with much better players than i am

with an spm of 260ish and k/d of 2.15 in hctdm i'm getting a 90% spud mix and generally sit at the top of the lobby even with not the greatest spm.

most of the players getting put with me have less than 200spm.

skill based my arse!

there's no sbmm at all,it's just ill conceived internet jibber jabber.

there's lobby balancing and that's it. FACT.

if there was sbmm i'd be getting matched with much better players than i am

with an spm of 260ish and k/d of 2.15 in hctdm i'm getting a 90% spud mix and generally sit at the top of the lobby even with not the greatest spm.

most of the players getting put with me have less than 200spm.

skill based my arse!

^This.

Just because a successful YouTuber has made a video about it, doesn't mean it's true. I doubt they care if it's there or not as it's the perfect subject matter to draw in the extra views on their video.

I play core TDM with a 310ish global SPM and a global k/d of 2.16 and regularly I get paired up with 0.40isk k/d's. It's very rare that I get into a game with another 2+k/d player.

The lobbies have definitely become harder since the DLC. I sometimes party up with some friends who do not own it yet and the lobbies are way easier. In fact, last weekend we won a game of TDM 100 to 19... 

It's not SBMM, it's DLC matchmaking. 

Drift0r made a video on this recently [and if you] check it out [you two can be misled]

That explains SO much.

Fucking Diptor.  If you take anything that dude says at face value, you are being conned.  He's a shill and a mouthpiece, nothing more.

My son has 0.6 kd and I love having him as party leader :) lol

Do you both own the DLC?

Wasn't it vonderharr that said supply drops would only be cosmetic and no weapons giving people an advantage If they but loads of cod points?

No he didn't say that. Before the release of the game he said "Currently" there are only cosmetic items available. He never said there would "only" be cosmetic.

This is where everyone is tripping. Selective reading and creating false claims.

Do you both own the DLC?

xbox one no dlc yet

when i play by myself im often near top of lobby leaderboard but when i play with my son as party leader im at the top by a lot every time without fail

now this may or may not be some sort of sbmm but i clearly get a much lower level of players in the lobby with him as party host

xbox one no dlc yet

when i play by myself im often near top of lobby leaderboard but when i play with my son as party leader im at the top by a lot every time without fail

now this may or may not be some sort of sbmm but i clearly get a much lower level of players in the lobby with him as party host

Well Xbox no longer has as many tryhards as ps4, however I am fairly confident what you are experiencing is placebo or coincidence. I play on both Xbox and ps4. I do have a high SPM @ 500+. I get mixed lobbies of good and bad. players all of the time. If SBMM existed you would see harder lobbies all of the time. I group with a friend who lives 2 miles from me. He sucks and admits it. Our lobbies are always mixed and never feature a noticeable difference in tryhards or scrubs than when I go solo.

Do you have the DLC?  The chances of you playing against better players are a lot higher.  You'll find less matches, even.  My brother tested this out with his other new account, and he's 500spm and 5.2kd TDM in that one (I think around 500 kills total?) but doesn't have the DLC on there and plays against more noobs, has a lot more matches it finds and joins quicker according to him.  I'm 430spm 4.3kd with DLC and I come across tryhards and noobs, but with DLC even the noobs seem to play it smarter.  You have to remember that the people who buy the DLC will probably take the game more seriously no matter their skill level.  I don't think there is SBMM, but I have felt something similar after the latest DLC patch and the hotfix about two months ago with affects lasting for a day, but it goes back to normal after that.

This is a flawed test. He created a new account with no data. So he was matched with the noobs of Black OPs 3. That actually proves SBMM does exist. He was matched with other new players when he wasn't in fact a new player. I tested the exact same thing on AW and found out that I was matched with low skill players to start. I dont buy into the Treyarch denials. I have noticed it personally since the patch. I still average 1.50-2.00 KD. Before I was 2.0-3.0 KD. Every lobby is sweaty

I'm gonna give it a go, although i'm fed up with the game,lol.

I am almost in that boat..

The DLC isnt really that great.. I am tired of being commando v2 in ripper. Shotgun sniping and spamming on small maps. And kiddies with 2 bars winning gun fights. And the no skill required noob rifles. If I had a dollar for every time I got quickscoped lately (and I am talking like it should of been a clear miss) I could buy every netduma owner a copy of the game.

Well Xbox no longer has as many tryhards as ps4, however I am fairly confident what you are experiencing is placebo or coincidence. I play on both Xbox and ps4. I do have a high SPM @ 500+. I get mixed lobbies of good and bad. players all of the time. If SBMM existed you would see harder lobbies all of the time. I group with a friend who lives 2 miles from me. He sucks and admits it. Our lobbies are always mixed and never feature a noticeable difference in tryhards or scrubs than when I go solo.

This, I'm 500 SPM and like a 1.96 KD and get completely mixed lobbies

Yeah you gotta run on 2 XP weekends,even if it's a horrible experience.But JD and I are gonna run and try to have some fun in the process... ;)

Hell yeah, I am getting ready today around the office.  Randomly I just fall down "dead" and then head back to my desk to respawn.  I'm getting used to getting dropped for no reason what-so-ever just as I am about to do something important to me.  

By tonight I should be completely reconditioned to dying randomly and through no fault of my own....LOL

Archived