SBMM possibly the problem?

Monzo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure there is , not on xbone atleast. I played with a couple of dudes from here last night who are total beasts and I think I did ok and I am no where near their score per min or kd etc. way down the ledger board from them. I think if SBMM was there I would have gotten wrecked. Just my opinion. I do think all the sweaties buy the dlc and the average gamer does not.

I'm a 495spm 2.5kd with a 3.8wl and ever since the last patch of destruction I'm very rarely top of the leader board,someone always In the 500/600spm mark,I'm not complaining because I can hold my own against some of the best players out there providing connection is on point which it never seems to be lately, I check lobby leader board before game starts and nobody is running with a negative K.D,I'm probably wrong in saying SBMM is in the game but lately it really feels as though something has changed regarding matchmaking

I believe that they try to do some level of SBMM for complete noobs (i.e. new accounts).  I play on another account when I am doing some testing, don't have friends online, want to try out things, etc.   It is only level 16.  In the first few games, I was matched with complete noobs that I owned.   After a few games, it started putting me into the regular matches.  

I believe that it is acceptable to put new players together in the beginning for a few games.

In normal play, I do not see any SBMM in works.  I have friends that do not have the DLC, we do notice that they are typically easier games.  This is expected since more casual and new players may not buy the DLC or season pass.  Most of the people with the DLC are game enthusiasts, average to above average players and typically have more time played in the game.   Therefore, the skill level of DLC player base as a whole is expected to be better than the non-DLC player base.   This means some tougher games.  

Archived