Profiles on new Firmware

So here is what I am doing or i thought I could do.

I created 3 new profiles: xbox gaming. ps4 gaming and back to normal

Xbox one; Host filtering is ticked for my xbox and xbox service selcted. in congestion control i have but sliders set to 70 and I added xbox one in the hyper traffic.

PS4: Host filtering is ticked for my PS4 and psn service selected. in congestion control i have but sliders set to 70 and I added PS4 in the hyper 

Back to normal: removed all devices from host filtering, set sliders to 100 % in congestion control and remove everything from hyper traffic.

When i load the back to normal profile all is good. when i load the ps4 or xbox one, sometimes i get an error about host filter service duplicate error. But when it loads ( 50 percent of the time)any hyper traffic devices are all gone...

Any ideas?

• Administrators

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. 

It may be trying to load the device and service again when it is already selected causing a duplicate error. 

Double check that you before saving your settings you have loaded a device into Hyper Traffic and the option to save it is selected. If it's not loading after that it may be thinking that the console you chose has changed. I'll look into it. 

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. 

It may be trying to load the device and service again when it is already selected causing a duplicate error. 

Double check that you before saving your settings you have loaded a device into Hyper Traffic and the option to save it is selected. If it's not loading after that it may be thinking that the console you chose has changed. I'll look into it. 

Fraser, thanks for following up on this. Trust me i spent over an hour testing this, and no matter what i did the hyper traffic was always empty. not a big deal breaker but you guy had me thinking i was going to be spoiled...:), able to switch settings on the fly by selecting a drop down...priceless :)

I just want to get this straight. When I select Ultimate COD the profile should remain and not revert back to general gaming right? I thought I was doing something wrong, but it appears as though it is a bug that is causing the profile to revert back. On the plus side when I first used the new update I was doing very well, no connection issues at all.

You might try a full factory reset. I saw warning messages on the MISC page and then lost internet connections. I did a full factory reset and message stopped displaying and router seems good now. I think problems may come from upgrading from .5 with preserve enabled during the upgrade and some configurations may cause problems on .6.

I'd try the factory reset and then test the profiles settings out again.

After doing a full factory reset, I set up a new profile for my B1. I only set one up currently. I presume doing a full factory reset will wipe all out which in some cases maybe needed. I found that it cleared up my router not working last nite after preserved .5 upgrade to .6 and cleared up a warning message that was displayed on the MISC page after the upgrade to .6. Gone now.

R1 is working well on .6 for me. I'll try and set up more profiles.

I factory reset and still the same. Can someone please verify is this is how is suppose to be or are profiles broken? so i can move on...Thanks 

Will,

I'm having some technical difficulties with the profiles as well.  They're different that what you're experiencing. I haven't been home long enough to be able to test and see if my loaded profiles are switching mid game.  My R1 won't allow me to save a new profile. I get an error as soon as I try to save a profile I have created.  I think there must be some glitches in the profiles area

• Administrators

I've just checked this out myself. 

When you apply a profile it shows as whatever you set it and then you go to a different page, go back to profiles and it says general gaming correct? 

When this happens, it doesn't mean the profile has changed to general gaming, if you look at your settings it will still be the same as the profile you set. It just says General Gaming again, it's not changed it to that profile. 

Will,

I'm having some technical difficulties with the profiles as well.  They're different that what you're experiencing. I haven't been home long enough to be able to test and see if my loaded profiles are switching mid game.  My R1 won't allow me to save a new profile. I get an error as soon as I try to save a profile I have created.  I think there must be some glitches in the profiles area

What error are you getting when saving a profile? Have you filled in all the boxes?

When you apply a profile it shows as whatever you set it and then you go to a different page, go back to profiles and it says general gaming correct? 

When this happens, it doesn't mean the profile has changed to general gaming, if you look at your settings it will still be the same as the profile you set. It just says General Gaming again, it's not changed it to that profile. 

What error are you getting when saving a profile? Have you filled in all the boxes?

@Fraser what about the hyper traffic devices not showing up after applying the profile? were you able to test that? i recreated those profiles like a million times and sometimes they work...sometimes they don't...I got better results when i used the default theme (i know odd right?). I honestly giving up on profiles for now, it defeats the purpose if i have to go and check all of the settings again to make sure they applied. Its sad because profiles were one of the most wanted things i was waiting for, just because i change between consoles so much. My face looks so disappointing there is not even a emoji made for it. it will probably be merge of all of these:  :angry:  :huh:  :o  :wacko:  :blink:  :(

I'm getting this error. http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1455012972-U2841.png

It happens no matter what boxes are or aren't checked.

Hi fraser, I'm getting this error. http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1455012972-U2841.png

I fill in all the boxes. And it happens as soon as I click "save" I don't getting a prompt to save it to a location or anything.

• Administrators

@Fraser what about the hyper traffic devices not showing up after applying the profile? were you able to test that? i recreated those profiles like a million times and sometimes they work...sometimes they don't...I got better results when i used the default theme (i know odd right?). I honestly giving up on profiles for now, it defeats the purpose if i have to go and check all of the settings again to make sure they applied. Its sad because profiles were one of the most wanted things i was waiting for, just because i change between consoles so much. My face looks so disappointing there is not even a emoji made for it. it will probably be merge of all of these:  :angry:  :huh:  :o  :wacko:  :blink:  :(

If you look at the profile loading page, the options for hyper traffic is greyed out. Meaning it has not been saved on that profile. So you need to add the hyper traffic device yourself. 

Hi fraser, I'm getting this error. http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1455012972-U2841.png

I fill in all the boxes. And it happens as soon as I click "save" I don't getting a prompt to save it to a location or anything.

Are there any settings you are trying to save that you haven't set? E.g. trying to save hyper traffic but there isn't a device selected? 

Are you filling out all the text boxes?

There is definitely some funky behaviour with profiles and hyper traffic, I posted in the firmware upgrade thread, in a nuthsell hyper traffic selection is not always loaded and you have to reload profile a second time for it to load.  Also if you have hyper traffic service loaded and try to load a profile with the same hyper traffic service you get a duplicate service error.

If you look at the profile loading page, the options for hyper traffic is greyed out. Meaning it has not been saved on that profile. So you need to add the hyper traffic device yourself. 

Are there any settings you are trying to save that you haven't set? E.g. trying to save hyper traffic but there isn't a device selected? 

I am filling out all the information boxes.  I get the same error no matter what profile config I'm trying to save.  I do not have anything checked that I'm not trying to save in the profile.  The other key thing that is not happening is a prompt for a folder/ file location when I try to save a profile.  I immediately get  the error I linked to above.

I am filling out all the information boxes.  I get the same error no matter what profile config I'm trying to save.  I do not have anything checked that I'm not trying to save in the profile.  The other key thing that is not happening is a prompt for a folder/ file location when I try to save a profile.  I immediately get  the error I linked to above.

To prevent duplicate error from hyper traffic ...before you load the profile you want just delete the device in hyper traffic ..then load the profile and you will load it without errors.

I dont think that is so big problem..one more "click" in congestion control page and you will be fine. :)

There is definitely some funky behaviour with profiles and hyper traffic, I posted in the firmware upgrade thread, in a nuthsell hyper traffic selection is not always loaded and you have to reload profile a second time for it to load.  Also if you have hyper traffic service loaded and try to load a profile with the same hyper traffic service you get a duplicate service error.

True...same behavior all the time. good is not just me

To prevent duplicate error from hyper traffic ...before you load the profile you want just delete the device in hyper traffic ..then load the profile and you will load it without errors.

I dont think that is so big problem..one more "click" in congestion control page and you will be fine. :)

As i mentioned before it defeats the purpose of having profiles to do "on the fly" switching. If i have to double check my settings every-time I set a profile, then I'll just set the settings manually my self all the time.

@frasier 

I am not sure how can I explain this anymore, although i do appreciate the help and suggestions...I tested this a lot and there is an issue with profiles. is it a deal breaker???...of course not. the router does its main job which is giving me some what of a great gaming experience by keeping lag low. I just feel a little let down because I can't use profiles they way I want to.

Figured out my "Profiles" error.  I had used advanced "Hyper Traffic"  where it was showing the tcp:dport80 open.  with this service I was getting the save errors, but when I used the "Basic" Hyper Traffic that just showed "Xbox live" I was able to save profiles with no issues.

Archived