bo3 aim assist

daz

The thing I find funny is you guys all act surprised by this...it's BO3 for fucks sake

JD and I debate this often while gaming,he loves trey arc and I hate them.But the point I always make is BO2 got famous or infamous for QS or NS,always having to carry a launcher and the sky always jam packed with score streaks.

And the game was extremely successful,so I ask you why would you expect something different if the last version was so profitable ?

I hated BO2 and IMO BO3 is just the same shit with a new title and some new characters but the same game mechanics and connection issues,so BO2.5

Pmsl! Oh Fuzzy, man i love how you lay shit down, no messing and stright to the point! I love it :)  haha put a smile on my face for sure

Pay no attention to the large, unruly Wookie in the corner. <_<  He hasn't been able to dominate the weight rack in a while and it's affecting his Chi.  I am working on getting him a Serenity Pond for his nightstand and some nighttime meditation tapes to help with this unreasonable stance. :P  

anyone else noticed the aim assist seems to be much stronger? its so strong if im shooting one guy that its pulling me away if someone crosses my path but stronger than its ever done in the past and i feel i have to fight to stay on target

Dude I thought I was tripping.  YES its crazy strong and to me it seems it just started a few weeks ago?

Dude I thought I was tripping.  YES its crazy strong and to me it seems it just started a few weeks ago?

It's always been disgustingly strong in BO3.  Strongest in the series so far.  Hell, your aim often jumps up slightly if an enemy is shooting a rocket into the sky because the aim assist code they are using is basic junk.  They need to look harder into their aim assist so as not to glue your aim to players beyond walls, not to warp the camera's perspective towards an enemy, not to lock onto an enemy that just appeared into view behind the enemy you are already shooting at, and I don't know why aim assist locks onto rockets.

Their aim assist code is basic and "good enough" at lower aim assist sensitivities, but if they want to keep it as high as it is, they need to revise that part of their code.  Nothing more annoying than your guys aim shooting straight up or down as you bump chests with the enemy, although that has been an issue with all modern CoD games that I remember.

Pay no attention to the large, unruly Wookie in the corner. <_<  He hasn't been able to dominate the weight rack in a while and it's affecting his Chi.  I am working on getting him a Serenity Pond for his nightstand and some nighttime meditation tapes to help with this unreasonable stance. :P  

Still waiting on that serenity pond brother... :D

You know me all to well... ;)

I didn't have chance to fully test it but turning aim assist off did seem to work now where as when the game was new turning it off just made it a bit milder.

The irons in this game mostly suck and i would have liked better clutter free scopes but a few guns are fun

I still find myself playing more hardcore then core as there is less wtf moments like double bursting some1 three meters away and getting hit markers

even in low ping games.

Its understandable that people jumped ship every bo has had issues, but i can shrug off the ones in this game mostly

i have only rage quit shutdown the ps4 twice which is a miracle for cod

Ok so I tried a few days without.

1)  In the options menu it says

"AIM ASSIST - Does not effect multiplayer"   

So either there is no aim assist in multiplayer or you cannot disable it. Either way changing it did not have any effect.

I think this is the slow down over target thing and I don't think you can disable it in multiplayer. It was hard to check during a match maybe need to experiment with bots.

2) Target assist.  I think this is what everyone is talking about. 

this is the drag you towards enemy thing.

So playing without target assist.

Medium to Long range

No negative difference, in fact may play even better.  Aiming felt crisper and more accurate.

got a few long range triples with the xr-2 where dudes were close together and I was able to aim at each individually very accurately.  

could never do this with target assist on.

Short range..

Absolute disaster.    especially when trying to track enemies running close by  

swinging wildly left and right of target.  normally easy close range shots very difficult. 

(FYI I play with sensitivity of 11 for general gun play and am loathe to put it lower)

so clearly target assist is very important for close range gunplay

however I think I could get used to this very quickly need to play more to be sure.

Ok so I tried a few days without.

1)  In the options menu it says

"AIM ASSIST - Does not effect multiplayer"   

So either there is no aim assist in multiplayer or you cannot disable it. Either way changing it did not have any effect.

I think this is the slow down over target thing and I don't think you can disable it in multiplayer. It was hard to check during a match maybe need to experiment with bots.

2) Target assist.  I think this is what everyone is talking about. 

this is the drag you towards enemy thing.

So playing without target assist.

Medium to Long range

No negative difference, in fact may play even better.  Aiming felt crisper and more accurate.

got a few long range triples with the xr-2 where dudes were close together and I was able to aim at each individually very accurately.  

could never do this with target assist on.

Short range..

Absolute disaster.    especially when trying to track enemies running close by  

swinging wildly left and right of target.  normally easy close range shots very difficult. 

(FYI I play with sensitivity of 11 for general gun play and am loathe to put it lower)

so clearly target assist is very important for close range gunplay

however I think I could get used to this very quickly need to play more to be sure.

yes aim assist is just for switching targets in the campaign but target assist is for the multiplayer

i too have tried running without it and with mixed results too and for your close range issues id recomend playing with a lower sensitivity  and see how that pans out 

im back to target assist now as i feel the wtf moments happen less than the moments when i would have prefered target assist.

i found that cause i was little less accurate without it at certain ranges it was taking more shots to kill so the double i just got would have been a triple if i hadnt taken so long to kill the first 2, stationary target are a breeze but when someone is strafing its bit difficult to trck them

The aim assist being better at close range should not surprise anybody since this is where analog thumb sticks are at a disadvantage without it.

Long range engagements are fine without it because it takes smaller stick movements. When somebody is in your face, however, you need to aim faster, but the sticks are not that accurate even on the highest setting. Thus, aim assist is needed for close to mid-range combat... The majority of CoD.

anyone else noticed the aim assist seems to be much stronger? its so strong if im shooting one guy that its pulling me away if someone crosses my path but stronger than its ever done in the past and i feel i have to fight to stay on target

they made it stronger to help bad players

Archived