Fast Mags... More essential than you think?

RolidSnake

Hey guys,

The title says it all really...

Do you think Fast Mags are essential in BO3?

I have a rushing style of play and I always find having a full clip benefits me for any 1v1 or 2v1 situations.

I know you can 'YY' your reload but I sometimes find the reload cancel animation a little buggy.

Fast Mags pretty much solves that problem at the cost of a pick 10 point.

As a prolific reloader, I think they are a must as I've been merked so many times mid-reload. Something that Fast Mags completely eradicates.

I've also feel they work really well in conjunction with Quickdraw and Fast Hands.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the game, but Fast Hands cuts down sprint out times even more when combined with Quickdraw.

It's like having the old Dexterity perk back (minus the speed mantling etc)

What are your thoughts on them?

Do you use them? Are they essential? Are they a crutch attachment? Is it a waste of a slot?

I've always been a slight of hand kinda guy and initially I thought black ops 3 was like previous black ops where you get a fast reload every other reload but once I realised it's every reload it went straight back on. Reloading is a core part of the game you have to do it as stated if your a rusher it's essential I run the KN44 with rapid fire so it's a must

I've always been a slight of hand kinda guy and initially I thought black ops 3 was like previous black ops where you get a fast reload every other reload but once I realised it's every reload it went straight back on. Reloading is a core part of the game you have to do it as stated if your a rusher it's essential I run the KN44 with rapid fire so it's a must

The reload speed on the KN44 with fast mags is ridiculous!

Well worth the pick 10 point. I tried rapid fire out on the KN not so long ago and didn't really notice a difference. I usually run it with just quickdraw and suppressor (and fast mags).

I am using them just because I just cant get over the habit of constant reloading so that is a solution for me and I used it on SMG all the time and I am very happy with them. 

The reload speed on the KN44 with fast mags is ridiculous!

Well worth the pick 10 point. I tried rapid fire out on the KN not so long ago and didn't really notice a difference. I usually run it with just quickdraw and suppressor (and fast mags).

I thought the same until the recent buffs, hence why I've only done a video about the KN44 don't you feel that the suppressor reduces your range to much??

I thought the same until the recent buffs, hence why I've only done a video about the KN44 don't you feel that the suppressor reduces your range to much??

Not really. The KN44 is one of the only guns which has a different suppressor penalty to the 'standard' stats. Plus, its max hit to kill potential is 4 shot. The only range reduction you get is on its 3 hit range and it's not by much, maybe 3-4 in-game footsteps :)

Staying off the mini map with a consistent 4 hit kill potential and an added 3 hit kill rage for closer encounters... I'll take that!

I'll have to retry rapid fire again! What was the exact buff it was given?

Not really. The KN44 is one of the only guns which has a different suppressor penalty to the 'standard' stats. Plus, its max hit to kill potential is 4 shot. The only range reduction you get is on its 3 hit range and it's not by much, maybe 3-4 in-game footsteps :)

Staying off the mini map with a consistent 4 hit kill potential and an added 3 hit kill rage for closer encounters... I'll take that!

I'll have to retry rapid fire again! What was the exact buff it was given?

From memory it was increased ability to control recoil so maybe I'm just landing more bullets??

From memory it was increased ability to control recoil so maybe I'm just landing more bullets??

Personally, I think it's a placebo effect!

Try a split screen private match with 2 custom classes...

1 class has a KN44 with no attachments and the other has rapid fire on it and nothing else.

Providing you are on PS4 and have 2 controllers, assign the fire button to R1 (so there's less travel in the trigger) and fire both guns at the same time (no need to draft a mate in to help, you can do both controllers at the same time and reduces the human error factor a little more).

I'd imagine the difference in time it takes to completely empty out a clip is negligible.

I think rapid fire gives you something like 6% increase in fire rate. The KN44 fires pretty slow so that kind of increase won't be that noticeable. Stick it on something with a fast fire rate like the VMP, Vesper, Pharo, M8A7 and you'll notice a bigger difference as their base fire rates are faster by default.

That's my take on it anyway! But if you beast with it on... keep it on :) Even though 6% is a minor increase, it's 6% more than not having it on!

Personally, I think it's a placebo effect!

Try a split screen private match with 2 custom classes...

1 class has a KN44 with no attachments and the other has rapid fire on it and nothing else.

Providing you are on PS4 and have 2 controllers, assign the fire button to R1 (so there's less travel in the trigger) and fire both guns at the same time (no need to draft a mate in to help, you can do both controllers at the same time and reduces the human error factor a little more).

I'd imagine the difference in time it takes to completely empty out a clip is negligible.

I think rapid fire gives you something like 6% increase in fire rate. The KN44 fires pretty slow so that kind of increase won't be that noticeable. Stick it on something with a fast fire rate like the VMP, Vesper, Pharo, M8A7 and you'll notice a bigger difference as their base fire rates are faster by default.

That's my take on it anyway! But if you beast with it on... keep it on :) Even though 6% is a minor increase, it's 6% more than not having it on!

Maybe its just the Netduma effect  :lol:

So I DO NOT run fast mags on any classes, even my SMGs, and I haven't for probably a year or so now.  One of the keys for my style of play is accuracy, because I'm old and I don't have the reflexes of you young bucks any longer. :(  ;)

I tend to move around a lot, but I play long sight lines in BO3, because as we are seeing in various videos, 'dat hit detection doh!   :o  :wacko:

There are some pretty funny stories, and for those new to the forum - PLEASE add your Tales of Woe, to the FPS Confessional

One of the things that made a difference for me in my game play was recognizing how to use the map to cover my reloads.  Just the way to duck into a hallway, the side you choose depending on traffic flow, can cover you for the time needed to reload IMO.  By removing the 'fast mags' crutch, I know I need to make my shots count or I will get caught reloading.  This forced me to become a little more accurate and not spray as much when I am not on target.  You know, waiting for the player to catch my leading or trailing bullet stream?  I used to just hose an area and even adopted a figure eight pattern with my SMG's at close range to try and splash the hit box with as many bullets as I could to get kills.  Final kill cams used to be nightmarish as the whole lobby would watch me spraying bullets all around, over, under and outlining the guy before a random bullet connected to end the game.   :blink:

I don't run them, but as patches seem to be dropping with some increased vigor this year, I always look for an advantage.  Once I figure out my true go to guns, I will probably give them a try again, but right now I am looking for accuracy first and punch/damage second.

In related news:

I've been doing TOO much testing of some game settings lately, and I have watched a lot of my game play back to refine what I thought I saw.  I can say with almost 100% certainty that the hit boxes on Next-Gen are tighter, smaller and there does seem to be an discernible "dead zone" in the replays.  When my bullets are on target, the hit markers count and people die.  When my shots are close but clearly not 'on target', about 60% of the time the hit marker is just an indicator that I am close, but it seems to pulse larger when the bullets count.  Maybe this was always the way it was, but I have noticed a real difference in the "close" versus "hit" with this game, especially on the XB1 where I was all weekend long.

Your mileage may, and probably will, vary...

As a rusher, I love fast mags on my SMGs especially Vesper and VMP.  Most of my friends are rushers too.  I find myself in enemy territory too often or my friends flipping spawns putting me into enemy territory.  I am constantly battling 2-6 players within a short periods (often simultaneously).  Fast mags is essential.

When I run an AR, I play a little more cautiously; therefore, I can get away with not using fast mags.

Archived